AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
30.12.11 14:41:34
Im getting tired and sick of this sound problem with the video editor, when I 1st downloaded it it recorderwith screen capture find, the visual and sound just great .. then for no reason I can think of it started to record not only the sound of the screen capture images but then my voice on top or any other sound coming from elsewhere...

WHY !!!!!!

Nothing I do seems to solve this problem.
Dan
04.01.12 12:32:39
To: oknusku1

Hello Dan,

Please check sound playback settings in your operating system (Control Panel>Sound). Your mic and other unnecessary playback options must be disabled during capturing.

Best regards.
21.01.12 21:03:09
Hi Vlad,

Same here as with everyone I am not sure why there should be so much issue with screen capture.

At this time I have updated all software as of today, rebooted and still no audio capture.

There is no issue with the settings I basically have run through all settings on Capture, win7 64 audio and realtek.

The one issue I will say that may be of issue with others that they have not stated is that I am trying to get audio mic from my plantronics USB headset. Which before you ask IS set in the Sound tab as a recognized device.

I will also add that the mouse clicks are also being sent to the capture and are heard. Perhaps enabling this also disables the usb port with a SW misconfiguration of stereo mix disabling the Record Sound audio device.

Unfortunately Disabling add mouse click sound did not enable the audio recording.

Using AVS Audio recorder 4.0 works flawlessly.

Capturing audio from youtube works flawlessly

I am trying to record tutorials. The system works flawlessly for GotoWebinar recordings.
Attached files:
21.81 KB
45.48 KB
Lex
Administrator
23.01.12 11:30:17
To: john@mydrbob.com

Hello,

Please try to open the Sound tab right click Headset Microphone and select Set as default. Then try to record audio.

Best regards.
23.01.12 17:39:47
Lex:

Hello,

Please try to open the Sound tab right click Headset Microphone and select Set as default. Then try to record audio.

Best regards.

lex I have posted png files showing you that I have already done that.

It is very frustrating to your users when you provide a canned response
I have provided extensive details to testing that I have performed trying to resolve the issue.
As well as

QUOTED
The one issue I will say that may be of issue with others that they have not stated is that I am trying to get audio mic from my plantronics USB headset. Which before you ask IS set in the Sound tab as a recognized device.
23.01.12 20:29:09

I also see that there is some doubt of AVS proper decoding of the USB channel.
This was with regard to audio speakers.

As I stated
I am using USB input. Since this is an expensive DSP device for clean equalized input, it is the desired input over a stick mic.

Also note from the attached screenshot
AVS Screen capture is properly identifying the device as an input device.

Could AVS please confirm that they have TESTED a USB mic input device and verified that USB device does work

Thank you
John McGlaughlin
Lex
Administrator
24.01.12 12:48:50

Hello,

We regret any inconvenience caused. Unfortunately, there is an issue with recording for mic under Windows 7. Our developers are working on the issue.

Best regards.
24.01.12 18:18:16
To: Lex

Hi Lex,
As a retired test engineer from Cisco, I can tell you where your issue lies.

I can not prove this, it is an assumption, but I know I have used screen capture in the past with out issue.

Somewhere in the last few months Windows 7 update has changed the settings in Recordings. This may be specifically with USB ports, I am not sure but your engineers can use this technique to understand the issue and perhaps fake out the recording setting.

ISSUE
Use of USB mic with Stereo Mix
Typical proper setup
The documented setup in the past was to have the
Stereo Mixer set as Default Audio device
Audio Microphones set as Default Communications Device

This setting no longer works with Screen Capture as No audio is sampled

PROVEN WORK AROUND

The work around I have found is to configure sound/audio setting in reverse

Make the Stereo Mixer the Default Device
Then Make the USB Microphone the Default Device which will move the Stereo Mixer to Default Communications Device

Screen Capture now works as expected.

So far I am able to use other applications and have not found an example where I have no audio with another App
I will reply this thread if found.

I believe this work around is sound for others that are having this issue.
Attached are proper audio settings

Hopes this speeds a fix.
Attached files:
Lex
Administrator
25.01.12 09:26:51

Hello,

We will inform our developers. Good job *SUPER*

Best regards.
19.02.12 05:15:34
System info
--------------
WinXPSP2 Pro
4G RAM
2.8GHz
AVS audio recorder 4.0

Config
--------
AVS Audio Recorder: Input Device=Stereo Mix (Creative Sound Blaster PCI)
Mixer Device/Recording: Creative Sound Blaster PCI w/Stereo Mix selected

Same problem. Can't record audio that I hear through my speakers, i.e. not via "Line in" or "Microphone".

Is this still a problem with no fix?
Lex
Administrator
20.02.12 07:43:50
To: rakehell

Hello,

Please follow Start >> Control Panel >> Hardware and Sound >> Manage audio devices >> Recording tab >> select Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices > right click on each of the appeared in the window device's icons >> check the field Enable. Send us its screenshot

Best regards
21.02.12 11:37:37
Have you fixed the sound for AVS screen scapure I have windows 7
Lex
Administrator
22.02.12 07:11:48
To: risingson

Hello,

Please specify whether you have Stereo Mix feature.

Best regards
04.03.12 03:40:06
Another user who can record video but not sound. I'm using a kworld USB-USB2800D to capture old home video tapes of a Hi8 Sony handycam. The software that came with the capture device gets video and audio fine right out of the box, but drops the capther every few minutes randomly, stating the video is copy protected. So, I know the capture device is capable of getting sound to the capture file.

Now AVS video recorder gets the vidoe fine (it takes some tweaking, the 'reccomended format' choice won't work) but no sound. A little bit of checking shows the proper 'line-in' device is selected in the video recorder settings tab. Double checking at the Realtek HD Audio Manager (the on-board audio chip for this PC) showed that the volume for the line in device had both recording and playback volume muted. I put both back up and and tried to record again, and again, no sound. I re-opened the audio manager and both recording and playback volumes were again muted. Then I unmuted them, left the audio manager window open, and reopened AVS video recorder. As your video recorder opened, both playback and record volumes on the line-in device were both reset to mute.

If I reset the volume and start the capture, sound is captured. If I close the video recorder and re-open it, I have to reset the line-in volumes.

I can now get sound on the videos, but opening up that panel and un-muting the volumes is a pain. It looks like the video recorder is shooting itself in the head by muting the sound, causing you bunches of trouble. I looked for a setting in the realtek software that might be doing this, but could find no clue.

Though it might help, cheers.
Lex
Administrator
05.03.12 09:09:55
To: jduzan

Hello,

Good job!*SUPER* However we apologize for the caused inconvenience. We will show your workaround to our developers.

Best regards.
11.04.12 13:36:41
In the screen capture of AVS video editor I have no sound
for information.
Video editor 6.1
Windows 7 Acer lab top
I think I do something wrong
help me please
Lex
Administrator
12.04.12 07:35:29
To: Benikke

Hello,

Please check the "Stereo Mix" recording option:

Windows 7:

1. Open the Control Panel > click on the Sound icon > click the Recording tab in the appeared window.

2. Right-click within the Recording empty area and check the Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices options.

3. If the Stereo Mix device is shown, enable it by clicking the right mouse button on its icon and checking the corresponding option (Enable) > click OK.

Best regards.
12.04.12 09:49:11
Thank you for the reply.
There is a sound … but …. it is rather a whistle in the distance
Lex
Administrator
12.04.12 10:30:15
To: Benikke

Hello,

Make sure you use the latest vesion of AVS Video Editor 6.1:
http://download.avs4you.net/distributives/AVSVideoEditor.exe

Please also try to capture using AVI format.

Best regards.
12.04.12 11:48:11
Hello Lex
I have the latest version … I think Lex (6.1) downloaded today.
Also in the settings I have click on AVI format
But it stays with a tone that set halfway between flutes and hitting on cans boxes
sorry
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  18