AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
05.09.10 14:18:43
I can capture a video from the screen but no matter what I try I can't record the audio. If I use a different capture program the audio works fine. I'm using Windows 7 with ver 5.1.1.128 of the video editor, any sugestions
06.09.10 07:38:10
To: samolukj@videotron.ca

Hello,

Could you please specify from which source would you like to record audio? Please check Setting option, Sound tab in AVS Screen Capture and make sure that necessary input is selected for recording. Please note that if you want to record sounds which play on computer, you should select Stereo Mix input in Settings.

Best regards.
07.09.10 06:23:40
I'm experiencing the same problem: video ok, no audio. Using Windows Vista with Video Editor v5.1.1.128 (licensed).

Selecting other input sources in the capture program makes no difference. I installed VAC (Virtual Audio Cable) and used its Audio Repeater to redirect (i.e.) the Wave Out device to a Virtual Audio Cable. The audio mixer showed a clear signal for the last device, but sound was still not recorded in the capturer. Testing with Audacity learned that the virtual cable output worked fine. It seems the capturer refuses to record any audio signal.
07.09.10 06:50:45
To: McRoa

Hello,

Do you want to record sound from the computer in AVS Screen Capture? or your voice? Is stereo-mix input avaliable in input list of AVS Screen Capture.

Regards.
07.09.10 07:07:00
To: Vlad

Thanks for your reply. I want to capture a video stream shown in Silverlight and its sound, so no voice through a microphone.

Available in the list of input sources is 'WaveOut Mix', this is the system default recording device. Selecting this device in other (audio) recording software works fine.
07.09.10 07:38:59

Thanks for the details.

We will test the problem and let you know about the results.
29.11.10 09:29:29
(Disclaimer: Just getting into the Forum ... think I posted this message in wrong area before, if not, my apology for being redundant)

First of all: I like this software, it's a GREAT package. I really need the Screen Capture to record audio.

I have the same issue using Screen Capture ... audio will not record during Screen Capture, BUT, I can record audio by ADDING a Voice Record track using the Edit Sequence (however, I can't keep up with the movie to provide any useful narration -- one has to coordinate voice WHILE recording)

This tells me that the software recognized my mike, is able to record, is able to store the file, and is able to playback the file, and attach the audio track to the Screen Capture movie.

SO ... this show that the audio recording will work -- Mike Connected => YES; computer audio functionality working (mike, speaker, cards, connections, etc) =>YES;

My computer info (same issue on both computers):

1. LAPTOP: Windows Vista SP2; 64-bit system; HP Pavilion dv4 Notebook PC: AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-72; 2.1 Ghz; 4.0 GBytes RAM Memory
2. DESKTOP: Windows Vista SP2; 32-bit system; HP a6400f PC: Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2200; 2.2 Ghz; 3.0 GBytes RAM Memory .

Would appreciate any clues.
30.11.10 12:00:52
To: rhanna3

Hello,

Please check Settings option, Sounds tab in AVS Screen Capture. Is Mike avaliable in input list for capturing?

Regards.
02.12.10 11:43:06

I can record an audio track using the Video Editor after the Screen Capture event ... but cannot record DURING the Screen Capture. Doesn't this demonstrate that the software will pickup my mike?

If I pull my mike plug during the Video Editor audio track record, the audio disappears (no suprise there) and when I plug the mike back in - it records from my mike to the audio track (no suprise here).

I'm trying to state clearly -- I think my mike works.

There must be a different "mike capture" during Screen Capture??
03.12.10 02:44:39

I see that you mike works. I've just asked you to make sure that the mike is selected in sound settings of AVS Screen Capture...
08.12.10 18:22:51

I have the exact same issue as everyone else. I'm going to be very sad if this software can't record screen narration while it's happening. That's the whole point of it. Otherwise I would've paid an arm and a leg for Camtasia.
I've done the settings, I've tried to edit it inside AVE, I use this mic for Dragon naturally speaking so I know it works. It shows up as a choice in the screen capture but then won't record it.
09.12.10 05:13:23
To: diane@thevirtualdifference.com

Hello,

Try the following solution for the problem - launch the attached utility on your PC. This utility will update AVS software components installed on your PC.

1. Save the attached .exe file on your PC.

2. Close all running AVS applications and launch the utility.

3. Follow the instructions given.

4. When the installation is complete new updated software components will be installed on your computer.

Please let us know about the results.

Best regards.
Attached files:
09.12.10 08:59:08

That fixed it! Thanks so much!!!!
10.12.10 06:30:20
To: diane@thevirtualdifference.com

You are welcome:-)

To: samolukj@videotron.ca

Please try also useing the fixed offered in the post above.

Regards.
21.12.10 09:04:20
I have a string started with this problem. This is my problem too. I have tried the exe that you attached and still have no audio.:-(
21.12.10 09:50:36
I got the audio working somehow. Not sure what I did, but it works now.
22.12.10 07:03:56
I have the same problem. Running Win 7 home prem 64-bit on cheap eMachines desktop EL1333G. The vid is great, but the audio??? gghhhaaaaahhhh!

I got it to woirk one but don't know how. tried to repeat, and no audio. It had something to do with connecting a jack cord to the headphone outlet on the front to the mic outlet in the rear; at the time I didn;t even notice the settings button on the utility panel in screen carture. SO after readin this, I went there and tried to select stereo mix or whatever, but no matter how I selected other properties, I couldn't get the utility to give me any options- the panel remained greyed out except for whether I could choose to hearthe mouse click.

BTW, that I no longer have the jack plugged in as I set it up before. I originally did that because I wasn't automatically getting audio and didn't realize there was a "settings" options to begin with..

I have been tinkering with this for several days now. My next move is to check my sound settings in the computer, just in case that was how I got it to work before (I don't think so).

Anywa for what it is worth, I submitted a ticket, and if I get a working suggestion from them, I will post it back here for the benefit of anyone else.
Happy holidays!

Liz L
27.12.10 07:52:33
To: hoofstep

What sound do you want to record? What you hear on computer, or speech from mic?

You can check inputs avalaible for recording in Control Panel>Sounds>Recording tab.
28.12.10 04:11:07

Here's the deal with the serttings: When I open up the settings panel, and nav to the audio input tab, the entire interface is greyed out, so there's literally NO option- no selecting of ANYTHING goping on here. Sorry I didn;'t mention that before.

I am gpoing to try the file that you suggested earlier in theis thread and will post about my results. Bear in mind that after teh initial difficulty with audio, I uninstalled all AVS programs on my machine, downloaded new ones and re-installed.
Attached files:
113.03 KB
30.12.10 07:32:28

Here's an update: After doing as you suggested, and adding the patch that you mentioned earlier, I have all commands at my disposal. I am not getting any sound yet...BUT I have one last thing to try and I think this might do it. Don;t have time to try it at the moment, but hopefully later this evening:

My monitor has a small line-in jack, the same size as for the average PC microphone or headphones.

Is it possible that my monitor has to be connected directly to the sound card? I am going to try connecting that to the rear headphone jack, and see if THAT takes care of it. Unless, when I check back here (before I try this) you've replied to tell me this is invariably an invalid configuration - something that would never be. The monitor is a HannsSpree flat panel monitor probably about 4 years old (I don't think it is an HD monitor, but I couldn't say for sure).
Online:
Users:  1  kevin498
Guests:  30