AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
27.07.11 02:39:43
To: pashiels15@bigpond.com

Hello Paul,

Please check recording controls in your system. For it follow Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices ->Volume tab>Device Volume>Advanced (you can also open it clicking Volume icon in taskbar). In the windows appeared open Optiones>Properties, select HD Audio Rear Input device and Recordings options in it (see the screenshot attached). Check Stereo mix input and make its volume maximum. Then launch AVS Screen Capture and try recording once again.

Please inform us about the results.

Best regards.
Attached files:
28.07.11 22:55:34
To Vlad:

Thank You for you suggestion. However I followed your instructions, but still no sound. However, as there was no ' HD Audio Rear Input device' I selected 'Realtek HD audio input' as shown on the attachment. I noted when I selected this device for Recording, I was presented with Recording Control, CD Volume, Mic Volume, Line Volume and Stereo Mix. All these boxes were checked. Howerer, the volume control under 'Recording' is the only control with green either end of the control slide and it is the only slide that works. All the other volume slides for CD Volume, Mic Volume, Line Volume and Stereo Mix do not have green either side of the volume control and will not slide. It is like drop down menus that are grey and inactive. The check box 'Mute' tick does work for them all.

Again, all other software sound and audio works for all other programs except 'Screen Capture' of AVS Video Editor.

I still need advice

Regards

Paul
Attached files:
29.07.11 00:14:35
pashiels15@bigpond.com:
To Vlad:
Again, all other software sound and audio works for all other programs except 'Screen Capture' of AVS Video Editor.

Are you able to records sound from stereo mix with other programs on your computer?
30.07.11 01:28:27
To: Vlad

All other sound works ok. However, as I said the volume slide doesn't work, but the mute button does as shown in previous attachments. It's like in a grey mode similar to drop down menus. So, I don't know if it is working in Stereo Mix or not. But, it still records as in vdownloader for You Tube.

Regards

Paul

01.08.11 03:48:03

Hello Paul,

Thank you for the details. Still not clear if Stereo Mix working with other programs or not... Let's play with audio settings.

First of all, please download and install latest drivers for Realtek HD sound card. You can do it following this link.

I'm asking you to do the following:

I see you have Logitech USB Speaker. please unplug it from you computer. Then check Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices>Audio tab>Sound Playback and Sound Recordings. There should be set HD Audio Output and HD Audio Input as default devices (see the screenshot attached). Then try recording something playing on your computer selecting Stereo Mix input in AVS Screen Caputre. Plug your speaker and try playing resulted file. Please inform about the results.

Best regards.
Attached files:
03.08.11 06:35:22

I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers for the Realtek HD sound card.

I unplugged my Logitech USB Speakers from the computer. I might add that this left me with no sound at all as I only get sound through these speakers. There was no set HD Audio Output that appeared only "Realtek HD Audio Output" in the Sound Playback as shown in the Attachment below. in the Sound Recording is"Realtek HD Audio Input". However, I can't hear sound because the Logitech USB Speakers have been removed.

The only way I get sound is for Logitech USB Speakers to be plugged in and for "Logitech USB Speakers" to be selected in the Sound Playback box. Even with the Logitech USB Speakers plugged in and "Realtek HD Output" selected in Sound Playback box no sound is forthcoming. So in deducing it, I can only get sound if the Logitech USB Speakers are plugged in and selected in the Sound Playback box.

Also, I note when double clicking on the Master Volume symbol in the Startup Menu at the bottom of the page and selecting option -> properties in the Mixer Device "Realtek HD Audio output" is selected for Playback with Master Volume, Wave SW Synth and CD Volume 'checked' for volume controls. "Logitech USB Speakers are also checked the same way. In the Mixer Device I have "Real HD Audio Input" selected for Recording with Recording Control, CD Volume, Mic Volume, Line Volume and Stereo Mix selected for volume controls. "USB "PnP Audio Device is checked for Recording Microphone.
03.08.11 06:48:36
To Vlad

I might add to my last post that after selecting the Master Volume Window -> Options -> Properties and selecting '"Realtek HD Audio input" for Recording the CD Volume, Mic Volume, Line Volume, and Stereo Mix although 'checked' come up as opague and volume controls don't respond. The only response is from the Recording area as I've mentioned in previous posts.

Regards

Paul
09.08.11 10:25:42

Dear Paul,

Thank you for all the info. The reason of the problem is still not clear.

Therefore we need to know if you are able to record from Stereo Mix input with other programs, for example windows sound recording or smth like that. Kindly asking you to test it.

Best regards.
18.08.11 14:59:12

I have finally deduced the problem with not capturing video sound using
Screen Capture in Video Editor. After trialling different methods, I finally decided to change my USB (only) speakers that did not have an audio line into the computer. With new speakers and a line into the audio, the Screen Captured both audio and video. The USB Speakers will work with audio in using some forms of software, including AVS Software, but not Screen Capture un AVS Vdeo Editor. So, if people have this same problem, I'd recommend not using USB only speakers.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Pau
Lex
Administrator
19.08.11 11:52:08

Hello Pau,

Great *SUPER* I'm glad the issue was resolved.

Best regards.
31.08.11 11:12:35
To: pamela.k.barrett4.civ@mail.mil

Your post has been moved to another topic. Please follow this link.
30.10.11 18:39:29
Sorry to be repetative, but I have the same problem. I am using Windows XP Media Edition, and there is no "Sterio Mix Input" option nor the "What you hear" option.. The only options are: "Realtek HD Digital Input", "Realtec HD Front Green Jack", "Realtek Front Pink Jack" and "Back Line in/mic, Front Line In". When I play a video with sound, I could only capture the video with no sound. I tried plugging the headphone green jack into the microphone pink jack to pass the sound back in (works for other video software), but still nothing. I have the latest version (as of today) and reinstalled it using the instructions you provided. I have not used your patch as it was several versions ago (Dec 2010), and I'm not sure it will be comaptable with my newest version.
Win XP Media Edition SP3
1.5Gig Ram
CPU 3GHz Pentium 4 Dual core
HP m1170n Media Centre

Thanks for your help
01.11.11 17:19:37
I am a newcommer with same problem... no audio during Win7 Machine screen capture. No change to the SOUND input helps (I get two different pull down selections) and, Yes, I have the RECORD SOUND tickbox checked. Can you pls assist me as I bought all this specific for screen capture work. Thanks, Dk
02.11.11 21:55:16
After installing the new version I still cannot get audio to record with screen capture. Do not have a choice but use my Creative USB Xfi card/box.. with the What you hear selected.

I DO like the new version 6 of the editor....

ALso I need to change my email address and do not see where to do that... I NO LONGER have access to my old address....
03.11.11 07:33:18
jwalker@toh.on.ca:
I am using Windows XP Media Edition, and there is no "Sterio Mix Input" option nor the "What you hear" option..

Hello,

That means that this option is disabled on drivers level by hardware manufaturer. It is usually made because of copyright issues.

Best regards.
03.11.11 07:40:49
To: daveK

Could you please inform us about the model of your sound card and specify what source you are trying to record audio from?
03.11.11 08:27:38
To: Bubba_in_NV

Hello,

Unfortunately, the issue with Creative USB Xfi card was not fixed in the latest version of our software. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. As for changing e-mail, you can do it in our support system - http://support.avs4you.com in Settings option. If you change e-mail there, it will be also changed on the forum.

Best regards.
07.11.11 02:26:56

Thanks for the reply and the email address is now current...

Guess I will still plug along with the Microsoft Expressions4 for my screen capture.....

I did try looping the audio from the speakers to the line in and mic in on the USB card but the audio no matter what level I lowered the speakers to over drove everything and the audio is terrible....

I DO like the version 6 video editor.....

Thanks....
09.11.11 11:40:51
To: Bubba_in_NV

We are sorry about the problem in our software working with your sound card and apologize for the inconvenience caused!
14.11.11 15:55:00

Just as long as I know you guys are working on it.

Thanks....
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  198