AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
31.12.10 06:38:34
Well, that didn't work either. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS?
02.01.11 06:24:55
To: hoofstep

Thanks for all the details.

You should not connect your mic to monitor jack-in, you should connect to the mic input in your sound card (usually from the rear). After you did it, please check Control Panel>Sound>Recording tab, if there is still no inputs displayed, please click right mouse button in it and check Show Disconnected Devices and Show Disabled devices (see the screenshot attached). If some devicese appeared in the list, please attach a screenshot of them.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards.
Attached files:
12.01.11 06:44:43
To: Gilleshander

Your post has been moved to another topic. Please follow this link.
28.02.11 05:28:57
Just to give you a positive feedback.
I have had exactly the same problem with the sound on my XP with SigmaTel hardware
After installation of the patch "sound problem.exe" sound is now working.

When will this patch be included in the official software?

I would like to suggest a small extension of the sound software.
It would be nice to have a way of been able to amplify the sound before recording.
I assume it is done automatic now, but the sound on my PC is not very loud (it is a general problem on my PC).
In some other capture programs etc. you can adjust the amplification to get a better recorded sound.
03.03.11 06:58:01
To: Jørgen

Hello,

The patch will be included into the next version of AVS Video Editor which will be released soon.

Thank you for your suggestion about the audio amplification. However, you can adjust Amplify level after recording using Audio feature in AVS Video Editor.

Regards.
05.04.11 12:14:43
I normally use the Microsoft software, but I have also used AVS software for years. Thought I would try the screen capture. works fine except it does not record video audio. It does record the mouse clicks. I have the Creative USB Xfi THX soundcard. All my other screen capture software works fine with the audio. But I like the ease of AVS screen capture use over the others. When I do not need sound I use it.

I also do not have the drawing button that I see on some screen shots. The Video Editor is Ver 5.1

Customer support tells me to select stereo mix in the sound set up tab. I would but I do not have stereo mix and never had it. I ony have microphone ot "what you hear".

If I can't get it to work no big loss, but it would be nice.
Attached files:
06.04.11 03:51:07
To: Bubba_in_NV

Hello,

You should select what u hear input, it is the same as stereo mix. To solve the problem with audio recording please use the patches given in this post. Please note that we have recently released new AVS Video Editor 5.2. where drawing have been added to screen capture. You can download and install it from here, then please apply the paths to solve audio problem.

Best regards.
08.04.11 19:44:26
Thanks for the 5.2 install link...

Still no joy on audio even with patches.
11.04.11 03:44:21

As far as I can see you are trying to capture video from media player. Does not AVS Screen Capture record sound only from media player? Does it record other sound you can hear on computer, for example if you play mp3 song.

Also, please specify your PC configuration (Operating System, CPU, RAM).
11.04.11 07:17:37
No...

No matter what is going on it does not record sound.

I normally use MS Expressions which works very well but is a pain in the but because it is a several step, 2 part program process. Also my AVS audio editor will record anything playing from the speakers with no problem. Using the what you hear input.

I use screen capture to give visual answers to people having issues with a particular video editing software. I do not always need sound, but sometimes I do.

See attached Dxdiag..... I have to ask for those a lot also....

Thanks..
Attached files:
41.51 KB
16.04.11 10:36:33
I am also having the problem of no audio when recording my screen. I'm operating Windows 7 (32-bit) and the lastest version of all AVS software. I've tried most of what has been suggested here but still no luck. The only two audio device options that show up are my microphone for my Webcam and "Line WsAudioDevice_383", which doesn't work. I've attached a screencap of the options as well as my recording options in the Control Panel. Any suggestions? Thank you.
Attached files:
8100.05 KB
16.04.11 10:36:35
I am also having the problem of no audio when recording my screen. I'm operating Windows 7 (32-bit) and the lastest version of all AVS software. I've tried most of what has been suggested here but still no luck. The only two audio device options that show up are my microphone for my Webcam and "Line WsAudioDevice_383", which doesn't work. I've attached a screencap of the options as well as my recording options in the Control Panel. Any suggestions? Thank you.
21.04.11 05:54:46

Thanks for all the details. Seems that there is the issue recording from external device such as your Creative USB audio card. Our developers are investigating the issue. As soon as there are any news, I will let you know.

To: courtneypmbowie

Are you able to record sound from this WS audio device with other AVS programs, for example AVS Audio Recorder? with windows built-in sound recording program.
22.04.11 20:08:18
To: Vlad

Cool... thank you...... :-)
22.04.11 20:12:48
To: Vlad

Creative Xfi SB1095 THX
03.05.11 09:29:09
Dell XPS Studio 9100
Installed Ram 9GB
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Service Pack 1
Video: ATI Radeon HD 5900
Audio: ATI High Definition Audio Device
Audio: Creative SB X-Fi
AVS Video Editor: 5.2.2.173

I have also run the fix that was posted on page one. I have the same problem as the others in that I can record video but no audio.

This is my full system information (Created with SIW):

http://dorsai.servequake.com/hardware.html
Attached files:
689.35 KB
04.05.11 03:53:00
To: dorsai

Hello,

Seems that it is also the issue with Creative X-Fi card. Our developers have been working on the problem. I hope it will be fixed in the next version of the program.

Regards.
07.05.11 17:40:03
Vlad:

Are you able to record sound from this WS audio device with other AVS programs, for example AVS Audio Recorder? with windows built-in sound recording program.

No, I actually bought a sound card since my last post and I still cannot record any sound from AVS Audio Recorder or other AVS programs. My new sound recording options in Screen Capture are attached.
Attached files:
10.05.11 07:10:15

Hello,

Seems that it again the problem recording sound through external audio card. I hope it will be fixed in the next version.

Best regards.
27.07.11 00:03:29
To: Viad

I am currently using AVS Video Editor 6.0 and using the Screen Capture mode am able to capture screen, but not audio. I have read all the previous submissions to this thread and even downloaded 'sound problem.exe' and followed your instructions, but still no audio. I did get audio once, but like others don't know how. On the next occasion it did not work and still doesn't no matter what combination I put in the settings or in the computer 'sounds and audio properties.

The attachment at Settings shows how my sound devices are selected. My soundcard is 'Realtek' and think it has the latest driver. Also, attached is a list of my System Properties that may help you in determining the lack of sound. I might add that i receive sound in all other software and can play videos, play CD's and download YouTube clips using 'vdownloader' that captures sound. So, all other sound works. Why not in AVS Screen Capture which captures video ok.

I have been continually getting advice from AVS Support, but none of this advice works.

I'll try anything

Regards

Paul
Attached files:
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  79