AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
18.03.09 05:33:01
To: nadin

Hello Nadin, it seems that you are close to the solution now :-)

I did step 1) (unregister avsavifile3.dll & avswmvfile3.dll) and VC 6 then starts w/o problems
Then I did step 2) (register avswmvfile3.dll) and VC 6 still works
Finally I registered avsavifile3.dll again and the problem re-appears.
-> so it must be connected to the avi codecs

I have attached once again the list of video and especially avi related codecs which are installed on the PC which is showing the EAccessViolation problem.

Regards, and hope to hear soon from you :-)
Attached files:
18.03.09 09:40:27

Hi Nadin again,

I combined all the information which was posted so far here and have found a solution !
Earlier in the post AVS proposed to use the k_lite_codec_pack to get rid of the problem. As I am not a friend of installing complete codec packs I combined now the recent infos with the content of the codec pack above and the installed codecs on my PC.

Finally I found the match from all input information on the ffdshow codec. I installed ffdshow rev 2732 (video codec part only, no audio) AND VC 6.2 starts now *YAHOO**OK*

Now I will start checking, if this change has any other effect on my PC.....

regards
18.03.09 09:41:27
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP..........I HAVE EMAILED SUPPORT THREE TIMES IN A WEEK AND THEY WON'T RESPOND. EVERY SINGLE VERSION OF THE AVS4U PROGRAMS I HAVE DOWNLOADED KEEP GIVING ME AN E ACCESS ERROR CODE. I AM VERY BACK LOGGED WITH WORK AND NEED HELP FIXING. HAVE USED THESE PRODUCTS FOR 6 MONTHS WITH NO PROBLEM. ONLY OCCURRED WHEN I PURCHASED UNLIMITED ACCESS AND UPLOADED NEW VERSION.*SOS**SOS**SOS**SOS*
Administrator
19.03.09 23:06:41
To: pinocchio35745
We are really happy the problem is solved now :-)

To: jettie

Please use the solutions offered above.
20.03.09 04:44:57

Hi nadin, me too :-)

I have done several checks now and could not find any negative side effects on any video file format after upgrading the ffdshow codec. VC 6.2 runs stable now and I already could convert 2 medium size video files into avi format w/o any problems.

regards
Administrator
20.03.09 05:33:41

That's absolutely great news. Thank you for writing back *SUPER*
21.03.09 09:19:04
Can you please help. I don't understand any of these issues regarding the EAccess Violation.
24.03.09 19:01:53
Can anybody put the fix in nice easy terms. I just can't seem to follow. I'm running Vista. Thanks
Administrator
25.03.09 00:20:46
To: jettie
To: nepahomes@yahoo.com

This must be codecs issue, so try updating video and audio codecs installed on your PC, i.e. download the latest codec pack.
Free codecs can be found here.

Best regards
25.03.09 13:32:11
Installed the codecs...no help. I still get the "EAccessViolation" message. What happened? The program was working flawlessly for months. Now, all of a sudden, it doesn't. I don't understand. Can you provide older versions that worked?
Thanks
Administrator
25.03.09 23:51:35

Would be great if you tried following the procedure described on page 2 posted on 16.03.09. This would help us to clear up the problem (the screenshots attached must help you to understand what to do exactly).

Thank you in advance
26.03.09 17:37:11
Hello:

The pictures were helpful, thanks. But I never made it past step 1.

I got another error message when I copied & pasted the following code into the Run box:
Code pasted into run box: regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX\AVSAVIFile3.dll" /u

Error received when I pressed "enter"

The module "C:\Program Files\Commom Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX\AVSAVIFile3.dll" was loaded but the call to DllUnregisteredServer failed with error code 0x80070005.

Help. Please?

Thanks
Administrator
29.03.09 22:33:51

It seems as if you do not have the appropriate permissions to access the registry. Possibly your Firewall blocks the access.
In this case try running the opposite command in order to register the .dll:
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX\AVSAVIFile3.dll"

Best regards
Administrator
29.03.09 22:43:06
Here is the latest recommendation regarding possible ways to avoid EAccessViolation error.

This problem is connected with the external codecs (codecs that are not controlled by our software): as soon as the program starts to check up the codecs, some of them are causing the error due to incorrect installation or outdated version.

First try updating the codec pack.

In case the problem is not solved, it must be helpful to uninstall the old codecs from your PC completely, then clean up the registry (you can use AVS Registry Cleaner) in order to delete the non-existent entries. After that install the latest codec pack, but please do not select the default parameters (do not choose "select all"), but install the codecs you will definitely need (DIVX, XVID, MPEG2 etc.)

Please inform us whether this recommendation is helpful.

Best regards
31.03.09 17:41:26
Is there a way we can get the older version back where the codecs weren't an issue?

Thank You
Administrator
01.04.09 05:03:52
nepahomes@yahoo.com:
Is there a way we can get the older version back

It is insistently recommended not to use the previous versions of AVS software, as they might cause severe problems when installed along with the newest programs offered by our company. For this reason only the current versions of the programs are available on our website and we do not provide our customers with the download links for the older versions.

Regards
02.04.09 17:02:31
Hello:

I'm still getting the eaccesserror. Please understand that I'm just a guy that bought a program that could convert video files from one format to another. I have no idea what codecs, what they do, where they reside on my computer, or how to either register or un-register them. I've tried to follow the directions provided in this forum but have had no luck. My "codecs didn't cause the problem...the updated version caused it. You should be looking at the program very intensly.

I've purchased programs from other vendors. If there is a problem, they workout a solution & provide it to me. I have never been asked to make changes like the ones described here. The bottom line is that the updated version of Video Converter has a problem. I don't know what it is...I'm not a programmer. I do know it doesn't work...many people have experienced the same issue. You guys need to come up with a fix...not rely on users to come up with it for you. The entire program needs to be re-written. Maybe you can create an update that worked like the previous version...I don't know. As I said, I'm not a programmer.

I am totally frustrated by this whole dilemma. I don't think you guys are handling it the right way. Please find a fix ASAP...meaning redo the program so that it works.

Thanks
Administrator
03.04.09 01:02:51

We do understand your frustration and our developers are disappointed as much. The recommendation offered here is just an interim solution. The problem has already been cleared up thanks to the information given by pinocchio35745 and other users who followed our instruction concerning unregistering dll files. However, although we are close to resolving the issue, it should take some time before the program is rewritten. We will do our best to offer a fix at an early date.

Thank you for understanding
04.04.09 11:47:47
Hello:

That's all I really wanted to hear. I appreciate your efforts. Please let me know when the corrected program is ready.

Thanks
06.04.09 17:39:33
To: drkdezires
I had the same problem ... I deleted ALL the programs... then... restarted PC.... clicked the windows icon at the bottom left... clicked all programs.... went up to AVS4YOU... clicked on it ... then click on ACTIVATION and put my activation code in..... then downloaded AVS VIDEO CONVERTER 6... RESTARTED PC... and now it works! You will now be able to download all the programs you paid for... I wish some-one would have told me all of this... And walked me through, step by step... It took me 2 mos. to get it to work... It all works now... Hope you find this and it works for you... ALWAYS RESTART YOUR PC, WHEN YOU ADD A PROGRAM! "You have a great day" MJ
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  427