AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
03.07.08 05:52:18
hello............this is my frist time with this forum.........i am having trouble getting this avs program to work..it vomes up with this..EAccessViolation...i already registered it but it does not want to work..any suggestions??
Dam
Administrator
03.07.08 06:41:00
To: drkdezires

Hi,

To solve the issue described in your topic (not in the informative way though), I'd recommend to follow

Local Disc (C:)\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVS4YOU\Licence

and rename licence folder (to Licence_1 for example) and launch the software. It will turn into unregistered version. Then inform us about the result. Does it give any error?

You can also follow
Local Disc (C:)\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVS4YOU\Licence

And in the Licence folder choose and delete your old registration file (to detect the old file you can sort them by date) if there is one. That must solve the problem.

Hope to hear from you soon.
10.07.08 08:04:59
To: Dam

Neither of those fixes worked. I renamed the licence folder and the program had the exact same error.
This has been going on a week. I paid for a program I can't use. I want a refund.
12.07.08 21:07:20
I'm sure I am regurgitating this subject and I apologize up front. I have just registered my copy of AVS4You software after a test trial for a few days.
I am sure I can use the product for I am looking for and frustrated I can't make the software work.

I have done the most I can find online to fix the problem:

Problem: the software keeps wanting to shut down and not allow me to convert a video at all. Not a problem in the trial test period.

Attempts to fix issues:

I have downloaded several other softwares offered by AVS4You and it seems to be consistent with the same error, closing product and error message.

I have also re-installed the program twice with no success and same error message that it can not finish and will need to close.

Any suggestion will be grateful.....

Frustrated in the West...
13.07.08 17:36:56
I get this messeage now also

I have uninstalled and re-installed.

I was able to get the older version to install and no error. Version 5 works. Version 6 gives the error. It worked for 1 day.
13.07.08 17:44:50
To: drkdezires

tried the rename and delete of folder. reinstalled, uninstalled, reinstalled. no luck with version6

version 5 works
Dam
Administrator
15.07.08 03:13:36
To: avs4me

To solve that problem, please follow:

C:>>Program Files>>Common Files>>AVSMedia>>Licence and delete Licence folder

Then,

Go Local Disc (C:)>> Documents and Settings >> All Users >> Application Data >> AVS4YOU >> Licence

and rename licence folder (to Licence_1 for example) and launch the software. It will turn into unregistered version. Then inform us about the result. Does it give any error?

Dam
Administrator
15.07.08 06:20:03
To: zebtar99

To solve that problem, please follow:

C:>>Program Files>>Common Files>>AVSMedia>>Licence and delete Licence folder

Then launch the software and inform us about the result. Does it give any error?

13.08.08 10:28:33
That worked perfectly for me. Thanks!
17.10.08 12:06:06
I have been running the program for about 2 weeks and it worked fine until a few days ago. Now I get an "eaccessviolationi" message ...I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing works...any ideas....Thanks..
Dam
Administrator
22.10.08 05:33:31
To: william.mckinney

Please, try the solutions above.

Best Regards
16.11.08 15:23:15
HI I have been using AVS software successfully until now. Whenever I try to open a programme I Get the Eaccess violation error. The solutions posted don't apply as I can't locate a licence folder in any of the locations.
Any advice gratefully received
Dam
Administrator
17.11.08 05:01:03
To: mike1958

Hello,

If you are under Vista, to find the necessary folder, please follow:
С:ProgramData\AVS4YOU\Licence\

Best Regards
17.11.08 11:49:09
Hi
I'm on XP Professional and can't find a program data folder.
Dam
Administrator
18.11.08 04:43:49
To: mike1958

Did you activated the AVS software?
25.11.08 09:12:55
:-( I have the same: EAccessViolation", I also tried the fix as per above. The program opened & functioned ok until I ask it to "Remake Now" I was informed the time was only 6 Minutes because the license was unregistered. That poses a proplem when the video is for 1 hour.
I need to get my regestered license restored. I have contacted "AVS Support" several times over the past two weeks, to no avail.
My regestered e mail ie: lewk2@tampabay.rr.com
Dam
Administrator
26.11.08 06:14:50
To: squaw

Hello,

Please precise, whether this error occurs with this only file, or wile converting any other files.

If the error repeats with one file, please upload it to our FTP server. That will allow us to reproduce the error. I will send the FTP details to your e-mail.

Best Regards
26.11.08 10:57:07
This "EAccessViolation" occurs on all files. As mentioned, I renamed my licence and Video Remake opened, I removed all junk an tried to do "Remake" the time limit was 6 min. due to the Unregistered version.
Would you like a copy of my licence?
27.11.08 09:50:40
Regarding my dilemma using AVS4YOU, I will be specific! After purchasing the "Unlimited Version" from Online Media Thechnologies Ltd. Oct. 2nd, 2008 all went well for several weeks. Two weeks ago, each time I opened either "AVS Video ReMaker" or "AVS Software Navigator" I got "EAcessViolation. I contacted AVS Support over and over again, without any results, or reply from support. I located the AVS4YOU forum and noticed the reply's made to others with the same problem. Following the instructions, AVS Video ReMaker opened, I completed the necessary functions to a 1 hour video, I then requested: "Remake Now" a pop up apperaed: "Warning! you are using unrigistered version of AVS ReMaker the output file will be only 5 min in length, are you sure you want to continue?"
The suggested fix has a serious flaw it, is there a software problem in AVS that a solution has not been determined?
Please advise as to the plans for a fix regarding "EAccessViolation"
My Registered e-mail address is: lewk2@tampabay.rr.com:-(
27.11.08 11:20:36

Hello Dam,

I received today an updated Licence Key from you such that I can install latest version of AVS SW. Unfortunately I have still tremendous problems getting the latest SW running regarding th EAccessViolation issue.
1st I uninstalled old AVS DVD Copy 1.4, then installed the new version 2.1. After activation with the new licence key everything seemed to go well. But then I removed the former video tools V5.6 package and tried to install AVS Video Converter 6.2 and ended up in the EAccessViolation problem when starting the VC (it crashes already during splash screen displayed).
Then I removed ALL AVS programs and folders from my PC, cleaned up the complete registry with CCleaner and installed VC 6.2 again. No success, the problem still appears. Then I activated AVS SW with the registration program but still no change. In a former forum post I found a potential relation to Quicktime, so I installed latest QT as well, but no change. I also tried the removing/renaming proposal for the licence key paths with no positve effect. As I still can not use the new versions of AVS SW I urgently need some hint from you, how to continue. B.T.W. I am using Win XP SP3, a single core AMD XP CPU, and the former Versions of AVS Video Tools 5.6 and AVS Copy 1.4 did work with no problems at all. Hope to hear soon from you, regards pinocchio35745
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  17