AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
05.07.10 17:22:24
To: Nat

I tried using Verbatim with the same result. I used Memorex before.
12.07.10 02:18:17
To: dragon1986

Hello,

Please try burning the disc with AVS Disc Creator software. As you already have DVD files on hard drive, you can burn them to disc using Burn DVD-video files in Video&Photo section of the program. Here is the link to download AVS Disc Creator. Please inform us about the results.

Also, please attach a screenshot of your disc drive info, you can find it in AVS Disc Creator>Tools>Get Drive Info.

Looking forward to hearig from you.

Regards.
13.07.10 10:51:09
To: Vlad

Thanks for the advice. I'm still having the same problems that I had with DVD Authoring, it burns fine, but still unreadable by a player. Single layers are read fine, its the dual layers that are part of the problem. A quick question I've been using DVD R+DL do you know of any DVD R-DL? Maybe if I changed that could help.
Attached files:
14.07.10 07:31:06
To: dragon1986

Yes, it would be great if you try DVD-R DL disc for burning. Perhaps, there is the compatibility issue working with DVD+R DL type of discs.
15.07.10 06:00:01
I have a similar experience. I am using AVS disc Creator to make a DVD+R/DL, Maxell. The sources are video_ts files generated by AVS DVD-authoring. This is working fine on my PC but not on all pc's and also not in the DVD-player for the TV.

What I found out is the following: as soon as I use a DVD+R/DL, the filesystem on the DVD/DL should be UDF. The created DVD can be used everywhere. However Disc Creator makes a CDFS-disc; the UDF-part in the configuration is greyed out. I tested this with other DVD-writing software. This software even came up with the message: you selected video-ts files, do you want to generate a compatible DVD-layout?

Is this a feature of AVS disc Creator?
Nat
19.07.10 01:59:30
To: hans29

Make sure you use the latest version of AVS Disk Creator, follow this link to download it.

Please try to provide some additional information if the problem remains in the latest version of the software:
describe your actions step by step (specify what buttons you use in AVS Disk Creator to burn the video to your disk).

hans29:
Disc Creator makes a CDFS-disc; the UDF-part in the configuration is greyed out

Please attach the screenshot of the program window with the UDF greyed out.

Thank you for cooperation.

Regards
19.07.10 14:22:16
To be sure, I installed the version you mentioned, but it was the same version I already used.

The use is straight forward: Start AVS Disc Creator -> Video & Photo -> Burn DVD-Video Files. Drag both maps audio & video (output from DVD Authoring) into the attach-area.

See the result in the attached picture with the greyed out UDF.

If you need more info, let me know.

Regards.
Attached files:
Nat
20.07.10 01:22:15

UDF structure and finalization are not greyed out - they are chosen as default to burn DVD video, thus the disk created could be used on any home DVD player.

Do you have problems playing the created disk on your home DVD Player? Please specify its model and the type, manufacture of the disk you used to burn the video to.
We recommend you to use new disks of well known manufactures.

We'd also appreciate if you could attach .log files - probably, they'll help to clear up the reason for the problem. They can be found in the following directory:
C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Roaming\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoBurner\logs

Please zip them and attach here.

Thank you
23.07.10 11:24:24

I have attached the log-files. Also included is a capture of the screen with the end of the logfile and the properties of the just generated DVD.

As you also could see, the odd behaviour is even on a DVD-RW. Yes, default is indeed UDF at the settingsscreen.

Regards, Hans
28.07.10 07:41:02
Hi,

as addition to my previous reply. Sofar my system I used for testing has a Q9550 (quad-core) chip with Vista HP/SP2 and ofcourse 64 bit.

I have just executed the same tests with the same sofware on a different system: a T7250 based system runnning XP Prof/SP3 and 32 bits.

Unfortunately the same experience: instead of UDF a CDFS-disc is created and reproducible.

This seems to me a bug in the software. Is there a new version available to test??
Nat
29.07.10 05:03:16

Thank you for the information and the .log files.

According to the .log files, the disk was burned successfully.

DVD video disks with UDF structure are displayed in Windows Explorer as disks with CDFS structure.

Can you playback the DVD-RW disks on yor home DVD player?
Do you have any problems playing other DVD+RW (created with other software) on your home player?
Please specify the exact model of your home DVD player.

We greatly appreciate your help.

Regards
30.07.10 05:51:18

Your statement: DVD video disks with UDF structure are displayed in Windows Explorer as disks with CDFS structure.

I have attached two screenshots of the properties of a disc DVD/DL, both burned with the same data but different programs used.
The first has been burned with the AVS4YOU- disc creator: this shows clearly CDFS.
The second is burned with other software and the properties shows me UDF.

This is in contrast with your statement.

I also take a look at several commercial DVD's: they all show UDF within their properties.

And yes, back to your question, the first cannot be read in my home dvd-player and the second can (the same behavior for some other PC's!). The player is a Sony DV 360.

For testing purposes, to show the created filesystem structure, I used DVD/Single Layer rewritables. The only reason to use these is that I do not have DVD/DL rewritables. A single layer DVD with CDFS or UDF, shows no problem on my home dvd-player:both are accepted. But as soon we go for DL, then the difference is clear.
04.08.10 06:03:00

Actually, it is a known problem that Windows may recognize some UDF dvd disc as CDFS (ISO 9660 ), because UDF bridge format used for DVD-video disc is a hybrid of UDF 1.02 and ISO 9660 (Level 1). We will investigate the issue.

hans29:

The player is a Sony DV 360.

Is it the whole model? Unfortunately, I cannot find specifications for it in internet. Does it support DVD+R DL discs?

Regards.
05.08.10 15:30:35
To: Vlad

Here you can find the manual of the DV-360: http://pioneer.ipapercms.dk/Manuals/DV_360_VRB1310_manual/

There is no distinction in the manual about DVD+R or DVD-R, just DVD.

I only know that I have always used sofar DVD+R and DVD+RW from multiple vendors without any problems on this player. Only now, with DVD+DL disc, I see problems with the disc-layout: UDF recognized disc is played by DV-360, but the CDFS not.

With ISObuster I see differences on the disc's, both are indeed bridged and UDF 1.02. But for example no Operating System is mentioned at the AVS-version created.

Regards.
13.10.10 12:09:36
I'm using the video converter and I convert the video to dvd format. When I use AVS Video Burner and burn the video to a dvd I will test it on a dvd player on my computer. I will get a playback error or read error. I would think I'm doing everything right, but is there a better way to do this, because I would really like to play my videos on a dvd player that isnt on my computer.

Thanks
14.10.10 06:46:03
To: sib250

Hello,

Please make sure that you have the latest version AVS Video Converter 7.

To avoid the problem, please reinstall AVS Software using the instructions here and install new version of the program.

Best regards.
18.11.10 04:25:39
I am having issues too with playing the DVD on my dvd player. It plays fine on my computers, but ejects it from my dvd player with a read error. I downloaded the current software, but still have the issue. I am using Memorex dvd-r dvds and I am playing it in a Zenith XBR413 dvd burner/player. My Sony software that converts my .mts HD videos to SD format plays fine in my dvd player. I need the editing software so I can add to the videos for a dvd. That is why I got your software. The software is great, I just need to be able to play it on dvd players. Thanks
22.11.10 07:11:08
To: Towertester

Hello,

Sorry for the late response.

Please try reinstalling AVS programs using the recommendations here.

If it does not solve your issue, please attach your log files, they can be found in the following directories:

Win Xp: C:\Documents and Settings\Current User\Application Data\AVS4YOU\DiskCreator\logs

Win Vista, 7 - C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Roaming\AVS4YOU\AVSDiscCreator\logs

Best regards.
19.12.10 00:20:52
Has anyone run into a problem where a burned movie won't play. The menu appears and when I click on the "Play" button, the DVD goes into Pause mode and I can't play the movie. Out of 5 discs that I have burned, 2 of them does not play. All 5 were created and burned with Video Editor in the same way so I am really confused as to why 3 of them plays ok but 2 of them don't. The funny thing is that, while I was "building" the movie, I burned several versions of the disc and they all played ok. Now that I want to burn the "final" version, the burned disc doesn't play. Can someone give me some idea as what is worng?
20.12.10 07:55:25
To: hjsaka

Hello,

Could you please specify the model of your DVD player and brand and type of your blank discs? Also, which version of AVS Video Editor do you have?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  347