AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
07.05.09 23:53:48
Before buying I tried the trail version of the video-editor4.
My camera creates .MOV files and it worked great.
So I decided to buy the editor.

When I'm trying to import MOV files from my camera, the program protests.
"Quicktime video codec is not installed"
How is that possible (and how can I repair this lack of codecs)

PLEASE HELP I'VE TRIED EVERTHING!!!!!!!
07.05.09 23:54:48
I've already installed quicktime player and tryed to download codec packs too..
unfortunatly with no success!!!
This is very fustrating too me I've been on the computer ,seems like for 2 days straight tryin to fix this problem.
I have a project comin up soon and all my important clips are in avs4
somebody please help me a.s.a.p!!!!
07.05.09 23:55:48
I, like many others have this issue with Video Editor 4 and .mov files. I've searched and unsuccessfully found no fix. This is dissappointing, after I spent $59 and I can't get any AVS4you program to work with my .mov files.

Sure, I can suck it up and go somewhere else, but I try not to just give my money away.

The trial worked great. Exactly what I needed. The registered software worked twice.

I appreciate any ideas on this.

Joe
Administrator
13.05.09 05:24:11
To: phil norris

Actually, as outlined in the e-mail sent to you the codec your MOV file is encoded with (Apple DV) is currently not supported by our software. Most likely it will be supported in the next version of the programs we are currently working on.

To: Manoj Bhabuta

As our testing team has not managed to reproduce the problem, we have asked you to provide us with some more information. We are really looking forward to resolving this problem, but for the moment given it has not been determined what exactly is causing the error. Please note my post #4788.

To: MeOMy

The codec your file is encoded with (DV/DVCPRO-NTSC) is not supported, unfortunately. However, we`d be glad to receive an example of such a file, so that we could consider possibility of supporting such files in future. Please check up the support page for more info.

To: borgata
To: jnlfortino@mchsi.com

Please could you send us an example of your MOV file. I will contact you shortly.

Best regards
13.05.09 07:15:18
HERE IS THE INFO YOU ASKED FOR

1. the OS you are using: XP or Vista (for Vista: its version), service pack, 32- or 64-bit:- SEE PC.PNG
2. whether you have administrative permissions on this PC; YES
3. for Vista: whether UAC is enabled: follow Control Panel > User Accounts > Disable or Enable UAC. : ENABLED
4. video and audio codecs installed on your PC: SEE AUDIO.PNG AND VIDEO.PNG

For XP: right-click on My Computer icon on your desktop; choose Manage; in the window opened choose Device Manager on the left, then Sound, video and game controllers on the right (double-click it) > Video Codecs; double click on Video Codecs, choose Properties and make a screenshot of this window.

For Vista: follow Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Information and choose there Components > Multimedia > Video Codecs and make a screenshot of this window.

5. the exact version of QuickTime Player installed; VERSION 7.6 PRO

6. the exact moment the error "quicktime codec not installed" appeared the first time; WHEN I SELECT THE .MOV FILE

7. antivirus programs or firewalls installed on your PC (programs and their versions). : NORTON INTERNET SECURICTY 2007

Hope you here from you soon
Attached files:
33.17 KB
Administrator
13.05.09 23:23:14
To: Manoj Bhabuta

Thank you very much!

Please could you still attach screenshots showing the list of video and audio codec installed on your PC.
Additionally, attach a screenshot of the Device Manager window with all Sound, video and game controllers (see the example attached).

Also please specify the source of your MOV files. Have they been created with a video camera? Specify its model. Have you installed any software supplied with the camera on your PC? We'd appreciate if you specified these programs.

Looking forward to hearing from you
14.05.09 00:21:39
To: nadin

I have attached a file showing the video/audio codec installed

The MOV files are created by Panasonic DMC-FZ28 Digital Camera. And l have not installed any software for the camera.
I upload the MOV files using the internal card reader on my laptop

Manoj
Attached files:
96.82 KB
15.05.09 11:24:05
HOW AND WHERE DO I SENT THE INFO YOU NEED AND WHAT EXACT INFO DO U NEED?
I'M WILLING TO HELP FIX THE PROBLEM , BECAUSE IT IS VERY FUSTRATING, I ALMOST LOST MY JOB BECAUSE THE PROJECY WAS A LITTLE LATE
Administrator
18.05.09 01:20:42
To: borgata

We`d need an example of your MOV files you have tried to import into the program when you got this error. I have sent you an e-mail with the instruction how to upload the file - probably, it has been rejected by your spam filter. I'll try again.
18.05.09 01:21:42
After waiting an average of 8 days per response from customer service, and a month after attempting to use this software, I am still unable to convert a simple .mov file to flash. I click browse, click the flash icon, and double click on the quicktime file and I get the same message "Codec not installed".

I have sent the file to customer service, downloaded the fix they sent 2 weeks later, followed the directions exactly and still "codec not installed".
Administrator
20.05.09 23:02:09
To: cj11772003@yahoo.com

We are really sorry for the delay occured! Our developers have done their best to correct the problem occured due to specification of your particular file and finally it has been fixed. The solution was sent to you yesterday on the support page. We'd recommend following the instruction sent and informed us on the result. We are very particular about feedback from our customers and would appreciate your cooperation.

Best regards
21.05.09 07:36:03
I am BEYOND frustrated. I've read through all of these entries-- I've contacted Support TWICE-- and I get no response. What's going on and why can't you guys seem to "reproduce" the problem and FIX IT???? Every time I try to upload a .mp4 file and convert it to .flv-- it gives me this error until I uninstall... reinstall... and then reboot my computer. This is ridiculous.

FIX IT!
21.05.09 13:11:07
The very same is happening to me. Anytime I try to start the programm I am getting the note that "Quicktime Video Codec" ist not installed. I´ve already installed every codec and codecpack I found, still the same!
The Converter worked fine 2 or 3 times, but now the note shows up as soon as I am trying to import a Video!

Has anybody an Idea how to fix this problem?
(I am running Vista home premium)
Thanks
Administrator
22.05.09 03:14:46
To: jnlockett
To: fritz.schmid1@gmx.at

jnlockett:
Every time I try to upload a .mp4 file and convert it to .flv-- it gives me this error until I uninstall... reinstall... and then reboot my computer.
Does the error go away after reinstallation and rebooting? Or does it pop up again later? Please could you explain what exactly is happening. Also would be great if you sent us the problem file for testing and provided information specified in post#4788.
I will contact you shortly.

Thank you
23.05.09 21:26:43
I have had the exact same problem. other than the small words in the middle of the screen the demo version worked better then the full "paid-for" version. I keep getting the "quicktime codec not installed' error message. This makes no sense that a demo version would work better than a full version.

How do I fix this? I even tried installing a .mov extension codec into my computer and that didn't work.
24.05.09 16:05:42
Files upoaded.

Let me know the next course of action.

Joe
Administrator
27.05.09 05:13:49
To: budoikiryu

Could you please send us one of your MOV files for testing. I wil contact you per e-mail shortly.

Best regards
02.06.09 07:10:10
To: Dam

I dont see any attached file to download... This is pissing me off..Why did this happen. I have been converting .mov since I downloaded the program and all of a sudden my quictime codec is not installed? I have quicktime PRO...
02.06.09 07:11:10
To: nadin

NOW I AM AM REALLY PISSED. I have done everything you have said in every square inch of this forum. I still get the error quicktime codec is not installed. I have bounced back and forth from post to post deleted files/uninstalled/cleaned registry/installed replaced files/ and I still get the damn same message. What seems to be the problem. I have converted .mov before and now nothing. None of the files given to replace others solve the problem. I PURCHASED THE LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP/SERIAL ON A GUARANTEE NOT "AS IS"

I am not calling names all I am asking is that you fix the problem. The last thing I want to do is post a review that the product cannot be fixed. I want to post a good review. Please help me out.
Administrator
03.06.09 02:47:58
To: DiscoverySound

We are doing our best to fix the problem, but, for the moment, we'd need some more information, incl. an example of the MOV file you fail to import into the program. Please upload it to our FTP server. The instruction has been sent to you on the support page.

Regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  209