AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
Administrator
12.02.09 02:47:03
To: jljensen

Actually the solution offered might work only in case this exact application is installed on a particular PC. When this is not the case, we would advise to upload the files to our FTP server for testing.
Anyway, thank you for the post. It might be really useful for some of the users. *SUPER*
20.02.09 11:08:59
To: jljensen
Alas I do not have CTSyncU.exe so suggested fix does not work for me. I too am running Vista (Ultimate). If you need a mov file look no further than sample.mov which is in the QuickTime folder of Program Files.

This is an exceptionally frustrating problem .. have reported to support with no luck other than to completely uninstall/reinstall VideoConverter - which does not help.
20.02.09 22:17:27
I am having that same "QuickTime video codec is not installed" error. I tried all the soultions suggested in the posts (i.e., downloading/replacing 2 dll files) and still have the same problem. I do not have CTSSyncU.exe. Any other suggestions?
23.02.09 04:01:05
Hi,
I have the same problem, I have been attempting to use some Quick Time "MOV" videos sourced from a Royalty Free supplier and Video Converter 6.2.4.330 & Video Editor 4.1.1.111 will not import them. All I receive is an error message "Quick Time Codec Not installed" .

I can open the videos with Quick Time and when I activate the "Movie Inspector" in QT, it reports the videos are Photo-Jpeg 1280x720, 25fps. To make this story even better I have a copy of Video Converter 5.6 and which will import these "MOV" videos with no problems. So, currently if I wish to use my Royalty Free Video I have to convert them to another format using an older AVS Program. I have attached a list of all the Video Codecs on my PC sourced using AVS System Info.

I have checked previous similar issues in the forum http://forum.avs4you.com/posts.aspx?lng=ENG&t=610 and have an up to date version of Quick Time (v7.6) and also AVSRMFile3.dll in C:\Program Files\Common Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX.
I will be looking forward to a response, I hope I have been specific enough.
Administrator
24.02.09 00:50:00
To: ajl07a

To: phil norris

Please upload the files to our FTP server. The instruction will be sent to you shortly.

Regards
25.02.09 10:36:56
This is a really dumb problem. I also am getting the "Quicktime Video Codec is not Installed" message when trying to convert a .MOV file. Has this problem been going on for months with no resolution? I just bought program yesterday. Very frustrating. All these conversion softwares say they handle all these different file types and they never work right. Why can't they fix this problem?
25.02.09 18:45:01
I am also getting the "Quicktime codec not installed" error. I am trying to convert from .flv to .avi
I have tried installing the Quicktime codec multiple times. I have read the forums and tried replacing AVSQuickTimeFile3.dll and I'm still having issues.
Administrator
26.02.09 01:23:55
To: handrutty

We are working on this problem at present and really apologize for the inconveniences caused. We would appreciate if you uploaded the file to our FTP server as well. The instruction has been sent to you, so please log in to our Support System.

To: Rembrandt33

If you get this error message with FLV files, please try to download and install the program anew. The newest version can be downloaded following the link.

Best regards
26.02.09 09:20:44
What the hell was that email you sent me. Are you kidding me? What difference would sending you the file make? Take any .MOV file. It won't work. Also those are the worst instructions. How am I supposed to upload to you? I click on the link you sent me and then what? Some support team you have there. And I like the 24 hour response time to thats great, much better than being able to call and actually solve my problem. Send me a real solution, or issue me a refund.
26.02.09 19:46:41

I have the latest version. I just bought the software last night.
Administrator
27.02.09 00:01:44
To: handrutty

handrutty:
What difference would sending you the file make? Take any .MOV file. It won't work.

Most likely all of your files are encoded with the same codec, therefore the problem persists when importing them into the program. It would be nice if you checked up the codec: open the file in QuickTime Player, click on Window > Show Movie Info and make a screenshot of the window. Please attach it here. Thank you in advance for the information.

handrutty:
And I like the 24 hour response time to thats great, much better than being able to call and actually solve my problem.

Unfortunately, for the moment we do not offer phone support service, as it would cause product price increase. Our Support Team you can reach on the support page is always ready to help you with any kind of problems you have.

Best regards
Administrator
27.02.09 00:14:24

Actually we have just released the new update which includes .dll files that have been corrected recently, so you can try using AVS Update Manager in order to make sure that all the recent program components are installed on your PC. Please follow Start > Programs > AVS4YOU > AVS Update Manager in order to launch the tool and download the update. If the problem persits afterwards, please write back and I will send you directions for uploading the file to our FTP server for testing.

Hope to hear from you soon
27.02.09 22:25:06
I also have the same problem. I downloaded Video Converter 6.2 this week, got the error.

Just did the following after reading this thread so please don't ask me to do it again:

- updated quick time to 7.6
- run AVS update manager, which downloaded "system" and "Software navigator." Still, when I try to open ANY mov file I get "quicktime codec not installed."

NO AVS TOOLS WORK WITH MOV FILES. DVD author fails, as does Video Editor 4.

I can play any mov file in quicktime on my computer.

Video converter version: 6.2.4.330
Quick time version: 7.6 (472)

So, AVS, this is what you need to do: Run your own tool in the lab, clean install, and see if it works. Shouldn't be too hard. Attached a mov file which failed. If you want me to ftp a MOV file to you email me no problem I know how to FTP. Meanwhile I will reboot & try it again & check back in
Attached files:
489.61 KB
27.02.09 22:40:12
zeryck@live.com:
I also have the same problem. I downloaded Video Converter 6.2 this week, got the error.

Just did the following after reading this thread so please don't ask me to do it again:

- updated quick time to 7.6
- run AVS update manager, which downloaded "system" and "Software navigator." Still, when I try to open ANY mov file I get "quicktime codec not installed."

NO AVS TOOLS WORK WITH MOV FILES. DVD author fails, as does Video Editor 4.

I can play any mov file in quicktime on my computer.

Video converter version: 6.2.4.330
Quick time version: 7.6 (472)

So, AVS, this is what you need to do: Run your own tool in the lab, clean install, and see if it works. Shouldn't be too hard. Attached a mov file which failed. If you want me to ftp a MOV file to you email me no problem I know how to FTP. Meanwhile I will reboot & try it again & check back in

AFTER FOLLOWING STEPS QUOTED ABOVE and a REBOOT - MOV files worked with AVS tools. Checked video converter ( successfully converted to WMV) and DVD author (successful import). THanks!
28.02.09 12:36:00
I have followed ALL of the suggested fixes in this entire thread and NOTHING has worked for me. This program WORKED FINE before the so-called UPGRADE! What a COMPLETE waste of $59.95!

I downloaded and installed the .dll files. No help.
I downloaded using the AVS update Manager. No Help.
I downloaded the so-called "Fix". No help.
I re-downloaded the software TODAY. No help.
I've checked for any updates to QuickTime. I am RUNNING the latest version. So again. No help there.

Oh, and your SUPPORT? Is NON-EXISTENT. I put in a request for assistance on February 19, 2009 regarding an issue with .flv files no longer working in this software package and as of this afternoon have received NO response what-so-ever.

I am running the latest version of
Quick Time Player pro 7.6 (742)
AVS Video Converter 6.2
Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1

I either want this issue RESOLVED, a return to the previous version THAT ACTUALLY WORKED or my money BACK so I can find a software that is more reliable.

I am attaching a screenshot from my QuickTime Movie Inspector (although what GOOD it's going to do, I have NO idea). Will gladly FTP you one of my MOV files AND flv files since NEITHER of them work in this software anymore.
Attached files:
28.02.09 14:17:13
To: nadin

I updated the system with your manager and I am still having issues.

Please let me know when you have a potential fix.
01.03.09 09:06:45
To: zeryck@live.com

PLease help me! I have the same problem and I really have to have this finished in time. I made a video, long story, and now I only have ut in a.mov file. When I try to convert it it says axactly the same! Please help me to convert it.

I diidn't understand this part :
Run your own tool in the lab, clean install, and see if it works. Huh?
could you explain!?

Thank you all very much, I hope anyone can help me
Tirz
01.03.09 18:43:44
HAS THERE BEEN A SOLUTION TO THE ERROR MESSAGES "QUICKTIME CODEC..." AND "MEMORY ERROR" YET? THIS IS REALLY CRAPPY. THE TRIAL VERSION WENT WELL EXCEPT FOR THE WATERMARK IN THE VIDEO. I PURCHASED THE SOFTWARE FOR $59 AND NOW NOTHING WORKS. MY JUSTIFICATION FOR THE PURCHASE WAS TO BE ABLE TO WATCH .MOV FILES FROM MY DIGITAL CAMERA. CAN WE GET OUR MONEY BACK OR ARE WE GOING TO GET SOME RESOLUTION TO THIS? OR SHOULD WE TAKE LEGAL ACTION????:-)
Administrator
02.03.09 00:39:58
To: angelangiekc
To: tirz93
To: BRIAN
Please could you upload the files to our FTP server for testing. The instruction will be sent to you shortly.

To: BRIAN
As for the Memory Error, please first try using the solutions given within the following topic, i.e. completely uninstall the software, save AVSAVIFile3.dll to the appropriate folder (or you can alternatively run AVS Update Manager).

Best regards
05.03.09 10:30:56
To: nadin

File has been uploaded to server, along with .flv file per my response on the individual support ticket currently running.

For some reason, the program began functioning properly with both .MOV and .flv files, but it only lasted until I followed instructions from AVS4YOU Support to uninstall and then reinstall the software, then of course, the software ceased functioning properly, yet again. However, because of my following those instructions, you can be assured that I have the LATEST software installed on my computer. Running the AVS update manager generates the message that I "do not need to update my program."
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  256