AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
24.03.09 15:47:02
To: nadin
I have the latest AVS Video Converter v.6.2.5.333 and I've also installed today the latest updates
and I am still getting the window "QuickTime video codec is not installed"
24.03.09 15:47:02
I am having the same problem. I bought the unlimited membership and it worked great till I restarted my Laptop. Now I get this Quicktime error. If someone could please tell me what to do. This is what the error message says exactly.

Quicktime Video Codec is not installed.
Administrator
30.03.09 22:15:25
To: natetopaz1@yahoo.com
To: Dano5786

If you get this error when trying to import a particular file into the program or files from the same source/encoded with the same codec, please upload one of them to our FTP server for testing. I will contact you shortly.

Regards
31.03.09 14:45:18
I'm having the same problem
I bought the software today and i'm not happy
It converted it using the trial version but had some text in the middle.
Then the first time after buying the software it worked without any problems.
But now if l try the SAME file l get the message Quicktime Video Codec is not installed
Administrator
01.04.09 05:20:56
Manoj Bhabuta:
But now if l try the SAME file l get the message Quicktime Video Codec is not installed

That`s really strange. Please download the program once again or update it following Start > Programs > AVS4YOU > AVS Update Manager.

Best regards
01.04.09 10:09:31
I have re-installed the software and still having the same problem

I have tried using MediaVideoConverter HD Video Converter and that worked no problem.

I think your software is getting its pointers to the quicktime codec lost
Hope you can resolve this asap
01.04.09 23:58:07
more update

Right l have been playing with your Video converter software (latest build) running under vista with sp1.

It seem to work sometimes without any problem l can convert my QuickTime movie (.mov)
to mpeg, avi, divx even dvd (i.e. once its working it excellent piece of software)

Then if l exit from the software and try again 5 min later it can't find the QuickTime codec.

Exit again and try again after 5 min it might work or it might not
VERY HIT AND MISS.

Like l said in my earlier reply it’s seem that you software keeps losing its pointers to the QuickTime codec

Do you use the Apple QuickTime codec or are you using your own .dll files?
Administrator
02.04.09 23:26:19
To: Manoj Bhabuta

You will be contacted shortly. Please check up the support page.
04.04.09 12:04:42
Hello,

I have an issue with this Photo Jpeg conversion. My camera produces those .mov files that are actually Moting JPEG inside, that is a suite of stand pictures that make a very large video file. I was formerly using AVS Video Editor 3.5 to convert them into divx files and it was working like a charm.

3 days ago I bought AVS Video Editor 4. The conversion is still working, but I have noticed a very annoying bug. The conversion now produces files where some frames are doubled in the output. As an example, frame 17 and frame 18 are exactly the same then everything is fine from frame 18 to 60, then it happens again : frame 61 and 62 are the same, then everything is fine until frame 117, etc... As an effect, the output looks jerky.

I can not find any setup that will fix the issue. I made may tests, econding exactly the same .MOV file with version 3.5 and version 4, to exactly the same divx and the result is clear : doubled frames appears only in V4 output.

During my tests, I found that AVSquicktimefile3.dll is the one used by AVS video editor V4 to read the .MOV file. When I delete this DLL from C:\Program Files\Comm Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX, AVS Video Editor V4 is not able any more to import .MOV files but AVS Video Editor V3.5 is stil able to import them and encode them correctly, i.e without doubled frame. From this, I know that the importing algorithm has changed between both versions and that it is not a goo idea !

Do you also notice this issue, and do AVS have a fix ?

Br

Laurent

PS : by the way, I did encounter the "Quicktime Codec is not installed" and I found the trick : you have to uninstall AVS, delete this C:\program files\AVSMedia that is not deletes during the uninstall process. When you reinstall AVS, the quicktime codec is put back and it works.
04.04.09 23:14:38
getting the same error as all the rest.
Quicktime Codec not installed

I do have Quicktime on my PC I updated my Quicktime when I saw this error

I updated my Quicktime and I downloaded a codec for Vista

Neither has changed anything

Interestingly, I am trying to convert a .mp4 file that I already had converted a couple weeks ago and it worked fine

Now I get the error on every file I try to convert
05.04.09 11:45:36
To: dgreer

Hello gdreer,

Have you tried what I suggest in my previous post ?

Laurent
Administrator
07.04.09 01:37:45
Laurent AMSEL:
I found that AVSquicktimefile3.dll is the one used by AVS video editor V4 to read the .MOV file. When I delete this DLL from C:\Program Files\Comm Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX, AVS Video Editor V4 is not able any more to import .MOV files but AVS Video Editor V3.5 is stil able to import them and encode them correctly, i.e without doubled frame.
AVSQuicktimeFile3.dll is really used by Video Editor 4 to read quicktime files. However, we would not advise you to delete this .dll for a couple of reasons. Firstly, some format settings have been changed in this .dll and some bugs corrected. Secondly, if you delete this file from the mentioned folder other newest AVS programs will not function properly.

We would appreciate if you provided us with some more information, so that we could correct the issue:
- please upload the source file to our FTP server for testing (check up the support page for more information);
- specify the output settings used in Video Editor 4;
- specify players used to playback the edited file.

Thank you in advance
Administrator
07.04.09 02:12:16
Manoj Bhabuta:
Then if l exit from the software and try again 5 min later it can't find the QuickTime codec.
Exit again and try again after 5 min it might work or it might not

This is really strange. Much as our testing team tried to reproduce this problem based on the file you have sent, they have not managed to. We are really looking forward to correcting it, however, for the time being there is some additional information required.

So in case you get this error with the SAME file you have converted successfully before, apart from sending us the file, please specify:

1. the OS you are using: XP or Vista (for Vista: its version), service pack, 32- or 64-bit;
2. whether you have administrative permissions on this PC;
3. for Vista: whether UAC is enabled: follow Control Panel > User Accounts > Disable or Enable UAC.
4. video and audio codecs installed on your PC:

For XP: right-click on My Computer icon on your desktop; choose Manage; in the window opened choose Device Manager on the left, then Sound, video and game controllers on the right (double-click it) > Video Codecs; double click on Video Codecs, choose Properties and make a screenshot of this window.

For Vista: follow Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Information and choose there Components > Multimedia > Video Codecs and make a screenshot of this window.

5. the exact version of QuickTime Player installed;

6. the exact moment the error "quicktime codec not installed" appeared the first time;

7. antivirus programs or firewalls installed on your PC (programs and their versions).

Hope to hear from you soon
07.04.09 12:26:23
nadin:
Laurent AMSEL:
I found that AVSquicktimefile3.dll is the one used by AVS video editor V4 to read the .MOV file. When I delete this DLL from C:\Program Files\Comm Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX, AVS Video Editor V4 is not able any more to import .MOV files but AVS Video Editor V3.5 is stil able to import them and encode them correctly, i.e without doubled frame.
AVSQuicktimeFile3.dll is really used by Video Editor 4 to read quicktime files. However, we would not advise you to delete this .dll for a couple of reasons. Firstly, some format settings have been changed in this .dll and some bugs corrected. Secondly, if you delete this file from the mentioned folder other newest AVS programs will not function properly.

We would appreciate if you provided us with some more information, so that we could correct the issue:
- please upload the source file to our FTP server for testing (check up the support page for more information);
- specify the output settings used in Video Editor 4;
- specify players used to playback the edited file.

Thank you in advance
Hi,

I have uploaded the file right now. On the FTP, you will find "Laurent Amsel.zip" that contains three files : "original.mov" is the movie made with my Konica-Minolta DimageZ5 digital camera. It is a Motion JPEG at 30fps video. "Encoded via AVS Video Editor 30fps.avi" is the result of the encoding via AVS Video Editor V4.1.1.111. "Encoding setup.jpg" is a screenshot of my encoding parameters (in french, I hope it is not an issue). Now the bug : if you read "Original.mov" with Quicktime, you will not notice any problem. If you read "Encoded via AVS Video Editor 30fps.avi" with any player, you may notice some jerkyness. Now, open this latest encoded file with VirtualDub for instance, and check frames 6 and 7; then frames 12 and 13; then frames 18 and 19 ; then frames 24 and 25 ; etc... : they are exact twins, when there is nos similar twins in the original file. That causes the jerkyness.

One important thing to know : to reproduce this bug, you have to manually choose an "Image frequency" equal to 30fps, which is the same as the original file. I made some tests using 25fps as an encoding frequency, and the bug is still there, though appearing a lot less (like one every 100 frames).

This bug will appear whatever codec you choose, provided the input file is 30fps Motion JPEG and you select 30fps in the encoding parameters.

Let me know if those informations are sufficient for you to fix this issue.

Br

Laurent
08.04.09 06:00:22
Same problem with VideoConverter 6.2.5.334 on Vista 32 bits. It is a movie file from a Canon PowerShot G10.
File format is H.264, 640 x 480, Millions, 16-bit Integer (Little Endian), Mono, 44.100KHz.
Can upload a file if needed.
Administrator
09.04.09 03:16:49
To: vanree

Yes, please upload the file. I will contact you per e-mail.
09.04.09 11:54:46
To: Laurent AMSEL

Hello,

Any chance that someone from support team has a look to my files and provide us with a feedback ?

br

Laurent
09.04.09 18:47:49
I tried to convert .mov file. Warning said, quick time codec not installed? Please tell me where I can get the codec or what I need to do to get this problem fixed. This is in addition to my last request. I am running a Vista Home Premium SP1. HP model m8330F media computer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled quicktime. I have also downloaded and installed AVS Video Converter version 6.2.5.334
10.04.09 02:06:39
To: vanree

Just Uploaded a small test movie from our lovely buddha.
I am sure you can work out a solution, good luck!
And ... I am very hapy with your software and do not want a refund ;-)
Administrator
10.04.09 02:47:41
To: Laurent AMSEL
Thank you for the files. They are being tested by our testing team. I will inform you on the result asap.

To: csduzan
Could you please also send us the file. Check up the support page for more information. Thank you.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  380