AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
Administrator
30.04.09 00:48:28
Hardhat:
I had created a video with a bunch of photos. In creating the video you try to syncro the photos on the beat of the music, by constantly positioning the visuals.
So you used AVS Video Editor, not AVS Video Converter?

Hardhat:
wondered if you can damage the sound track by constantly re-positioning the pictures? Obviously in my case you can.
This is a known problem already dicussed within the following thread . As mentioned, in the next version of AVS Video Editor there will be an option to disable audio mix line. This way editing will be more convenient.

Regards
15.04.10 11:00:28
Hi everyone.

I have just purchased AVS Video Editor and used it to make a film on one of my recent trips. It was my first time with such a tool, and I have to say I really liked how smooth things went... until the moment when I decided to watch the film the Editor had recorded for me.

Here is the problem : as the film is on, the video and the audio slowly go out of sync - it is hardly noticeable - and then, after 59 seconds (count them !), the video goes back a fraction of second so it syncs with the sound again. The phenomenon is reproduced *every minute* after that, which means that at 1'59'', 2'59'', 3'59'' etc..., the video kind of hiccups so the image and sound are synchronised again at the beginning of every minute.

Here is my setup :
- Laptop with Windows 7 installed, Intel Core 2 Duo 2,4 GHz, 4 Go RAM.
- Original video files : made with a HD Sony Camcorder (HDR-SR12). All files are recorded in .m2ts, 1920x1080, 16:9, 25 fps, 7416,32 kbps, H.264/AVC. Sound is on 5 channels (AC3), 48 kHz, 448 kbps.
- My film is 1h40mn long.

So far, I have tried three formats for my finalized film :
- AVI : HD Video 720p: MPEG4 (DivX, XviD), 4500 kbps, Audio: MP3, 192 kbps @ 25fps (one of the formats suggested by the software).
- AVI : HD Video 1080p: H.264/AVC, 4200 kbps, Audio: MP3, 256 kbps @ 30fps (I tried 30 fps instead of 25, hoping it would fix the issue).
- MPEG : DVD PAL compatible - (MPEG2, 4000 kbps, 720x576, 25 fps) <-- another one of the formats suggested by the software).

Unfortunately, my three films ended up suffering from the same glitch : the video hiccups at 59 seconds, then every minute.

What can I do? My film is supposed to be ready for Monday! :(
Thanks for your help.

Regards,
David

PS : I have attached one of the files recorded by my camcorder. It is only 8 seconds long, but if you repeat the video several times in the Editor, you should get to that dreaded "59 second hiccup moment" easily.
Attached files:
16.04.10 05:35:47
To: David GP

I might add that whenever I try to install a sotware by AVG, an error message pops up. It reads :
--------------------------------
C:\Windows\system32\msvcp70.dll
The existing file is protected and read-only.
--------------------------------
I have to "ignore" the problem so the installation is completed.

Could this file have anything to do with my sync problem?
16.04.10 07:40:36

Helllo,

Please make sure that your 1h40mn long m2ts video does not have sync problem originally. Try playing it in video player software for example VLC player and see if synch problem exists in it. If it plays ok, we need to test you whole video. Unfortunately, the short example which you attached does not allow to see the problem.

Please upload your 1h40min long video to our FTP server. The instructions will be given to you in our support system.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards.
16.04.10 11:47:38
To: Vlad

Thank you for your reply Vlad.

It seems you misunderstood what I meant by "My film is 1h40 long". :)
It is 1h40 long AFTER compiling all my tiny bits of m2ts films into a single AVI file using AVS Video Editor. The short example I sent you is the first m2ts file of my film. The whole film must be made of approximately 500 m2ts files!
My idea was that if you tried to compile a film made of my sample file repeated several times in the Editor, you could reproduce the glitch I get here.

I have more info though that might help us out.

First, I have had a closer look at my compiled film. The fact is: the glitch only appears at 3 minutes 59 seconds, after which it is reproduced every minute. I have checked that out until 10 minutes into the film - the glitch never fails to pop up (4'59'', 5'59'', 6'59'' etc...) For SOME reason, the glitch never takes place at 0'59, 1'59 or 2'59.
Second, I have made a fourth attempt at compiling the film using yet another format. And though the program unfortunately crashed after an hour or two of hard work, guess what? The glitch is no longer there! I used the WMV 720p format suggested by the Editor.

Now I could try to compile the film in WMV again (hoping the program won't crash on me a second time!), but I really want to know why AVI and DVD formats won't work, but WMV will.

Try to compile a film made of my sample repeated several times until you go past the 4 minute time mark, then play the film after recording it. You should see the glitch. If you not, I can send you the beginning of my own compiled film in AVI 720p so you can see what happens exactly.

Let me know if I can do anything else for you to help me out and solve the problem.

Regards,
David
16.04.10 11:53:55

Oh, and to answer your first question, none of my original m2ts files shows any sign of sync problem when played individually via a player like VLC player.
18.04.10 06:36:03

More tests this week-end, and (unfortunately) more problems.

1. AVI, DVD and QUICKTIME formats all suffer from the sync issue mentioned above.
2. WMV format does *not* suffer from that problem, BUT Video Editor constantly crashes when saving is about 20% complete in 720p mode. I have made three attempts, and the software terminated when the file had reached 1.15Go, 1.16Go and 1.18Go respectively (Video Editor assessed that the complete film should be about 5Go).

A few remarks:
- I *have* managed to save the whole film in .wmv and without a single sync glitch. However, I had to pick "Zune 320x200 Best Quality". Problem: I really want to save my film in HD and, possibly, in AVI.
- My laptop has never crashed in any of the other formats that I tested. It successfully saved a 1080p avi version of the film (though with sync glitches) in six hours. In 720p wmv, Video Editor crashes after about 2 hours.
- I have tried to "set the affinity" of the program to only ONE cpu, but the laptop seemed out of breath all the time (the Video Editor window kept appearing and disappearing, suggesting that the cpu simply had too much work to handle by itself. I closed the program after just a few minutes).

I have attached to this post a video of Video Editor crashing during my third attempt at saving a 720p wmv version of my film.
I will also attach to the following post a video of the sync problem I have been talking about since Thursday. This is the first sync glitch of my film (3'59''). Notice how the voices are slightly not in sync with the video, and notice how the video rewinds just a little so everything is in sync again. This phenomenon is reproduced every minute afterwards.

With all these problems, my project will not be finished in time. I really need to find a solution quickly.
Thanks for your help.
David.
Attached files:
18.04.10 06:41:14

Attached file is the video exemplifying the sync issue.
Attached files:
6816.13 KB
18.04.10 06:50:36

Oh, and I launched the repairing.exe tool : everything but "AVSMobileDevice2ActiveSync.dll" was successful. So I guess the installation of AVS Video Editor on my laptop was also successful (there is only that "msvcp70.dll" message I keep getting when I install your softwares and which I simply ignore).
20.04.10 00:43:44

Thanks for all the details provided and the examples attached, I see sync and crash issues. We need to test your source m2ts files to solve the problem. Could you please create short project in AVS Video Editor from your m2ts files, for example 10 minutes long movie which includes 3'59 and other sync glitches, save it as vep4 project file and as avi video file., then upload your source m2ts files for it, the project file and the resulted avi file to our FTP-server? This will allow us reproduce and analyze the problem.

Thank you for your cooperation.

As for msvcp70.dll error, please download it from the attachment and save in the directory C:\Windows\System32 if you have 32 bit operating system. If you have 64-bit operating system, you should save the dll in C:\Windows\SysWOW64.
Attached files:
119.09 KB
23.04.10 10:13:39

I have just uploaded all the required files on your FTP.

I have spent the last few days dividing my 100 minute video into 7 different parts so I could save my movie into 7 "small" wmv files. The trick worked - though my computer crashed once and I ran into another glitch of sorts (sound tended to go mute two or three seconds before the actual end of some of my saved movies), I now have my whole movie edited in 720p 5.1 wmv format.

The content of the directory you will find on your FTP corresponds to part 1/7 of my film. It is about 13 minute long. I hope all the files are there. Should I have forgotten to upload a file or two, please tell me asap.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks.
27.04.10 05:48:16

Hello,

Thank you for the files submitted.

We've received them all and developers are already working with them. As soon as there are any news, I will get back to you asap.

Regards.
03.08.10 02:41:39
Hi all,

I have a small project in Video Editor that is just 2 minutes of footage ripped from a DVD. It all playes okay in the editor as a VEP4 file but when I save as a movie the sound and video are out of sync. So out of sync in fact that the audio is coming from a totally different area of the DVD.

Any pointers?

Cheers for any help
04.08.10 05:32:02
To: PigpenUK

Hello,

Make sure you have the latest version AVS Video Editor 4.2.1.188

Could you please specify to what format you save video and what output settings do you select?

Regards.
17.08.10 17:45:05
Problem: After trimming out the first 10 minutes of a 19 minute dvd vob file and the last 7 minutes from my camcorder and then saving a two minute portion the video playback is fine but the sound skips and races and even covers sound from beyond the two minute clip I trimmed.

Environment: Intel duo-core PC with 4 gig memory, All latest Vista updates, v4.2.1.188 video editor

Background: The 19 minute dvd plays fine in two different PC's, as well as two different standalone DVD players. It also plays just fine in preview in video editor and even after trimmed two minute version in video editor. Only the saved file sound is out of sync.

What I have tried so far:

I have tried saving in all file formats (AVI,WMV,MPEG). The sound is off in all of them.

I have tried playing back in numerous up to date players: Windows Media Player, WinAmp, Real Player, Quicktime, and VLC Media player. Sound is out of sync in all of them.

I have tried changing some of the default settings in the save file pop ups and advance settings (different codecs) - nothing works.

Just to further test all scenarios I could think of, I actually saved the first two minutes, rather than trimming out some material first, and THAT works. But that doesn't help me because I want just a middle portion of the long video.

I also followed some of the threads in this forum and completely UNINSTALLED and then reinstalled video editor. Same problem with sound in saved files. I also made sure I had the latest dll's.

In desperation I downloaded AVS video R maker, which doesn't let you edit like I used to be able to do with earlier versions of video editor, which I want to be able to do, but out of desperation I split out my two minute segment and with video maker the saved file (.mpg) and (.avi) sound and video were fine!. But I can't do more sophisticated editing...so I still want to solve the problem with video editor.

Hopefully I gave enough clues for someoen to figure out what is wrong. I used to use video editor with no problem but somewhere along the line (maybe an update) sound wnet out of sync - I used to trim with no problem with sound.

Thanks, vince
18.08.10 06:53:01
This morning I installed the new version released yesterday and that solved the problem, as suggested by support. AVS Video Editor 5.1.1.128

However, to anyone else experiencing this, you might have to delete certain registry keys, and certain files manually (I'll let the experts comment on this as it could be dangerous) and if you saved any projects or movies in those folders be sure to save them somewhere else when deleting recommended folders. Most users will save in user/documents or user/videos but be careful just in case/

When you go through this process you will have to reactivate your license so be sure to have that handy.

Also, in this new version I could not open my saved projects so I had to start them from scratch.

But bottom line the sound sync problem is solved and now I will explore some of the new features.

Thank you.
19.08.10 05:53:16
To: vtunger

Hello,

We are glad that the latest version solved the problem. We always advice users to make sure that they have the latest versop of the program.

Please note that uninstalling cleaning registry entries is not dangerous for your system.

As far as I know our support managers has already been working with you on the project issue in our support system. So please follow their instructions.

Best regards.
18.01.13 22:06:49
An alternative that never fails is to [1] make a note of how much the sound is advanced or retarded and the duration of the video, [2] demultiplex (separate the audio from the video), [3] use an app to the correct the asynchrony (has a feature to correct even audio drift), and [4] re-mux (rejoin) the audio with the video). The process doesn't take very long once you become familiar with these tools. In this manner you can use any format in AVS Video Converter and not be limited to converting to the MPEG format that can result in a huge file size. I hope this helps you.
Nat
21.01.13 04:24:23
To: Djard

Dear User,

Thank you for the detailed description of the features that are quite essential for AVS4YOU software. I will surely pass them over to our developers' team.
However according to our forum rules, you are not allowed to post any reference to other programs here.

For now using AVS it is possible to extract audio from a video file, and mute the audio on the video in AVS Video Editor by right clicking on the file while on the timeline - choose Mute.

Should you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards
02.02.13 17:57:16
With so many people having asked how to accomplish this tack it would make sense for you to give a hint as to how to separate the video and audio and then nudge the audio track until they are in sync.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  286