AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
29.07.09 16:02:54
Just a note, I also had that non-functioning project window. Changed the color setting of the computer to 32-bit, and it works fine.
Some kind of note should be in the instructions, I've been waiting for a response from AVS Support for a couple of days, and thanks to your thread, all is good.

Thanks, John
Support Manager
30.07.09 06:51:07
To: papajohnaz

papajohnaz:
Some kind of note should be in the instructions

+1
papajohnaz:
and thanks to your thread, all is good.

Welcome :-)
30.07.09 14:34:50
Everytime i try to open AVS Editor it freezes. I keep trying to open the file by closing, and trying again. Someone please help, i told people on this game i was making a vid. Now they are going to be VERY Disappointed. My dis-continued video, was about 2 mins, does the limited version have anything to do with this? :'(:-!=-O
Support Manager
31.07.09 00:38:04
To: editorhelp

Hi,

Perhaps, your computer does not meet minimum system requirements to work with our program. Could you please inform us about your PC configuration (Operating System, CPU, Ram, Video card)? Also, please specify the format of the file with which you are trying to work.
18.09.09 21:37:39
To: Dam
Hey That Steps Works Thank A Lot *DANCE**DANCE*
18.09.09 21:38:39
I am unable to edit video with the AVS Video Editor. I have been able to in the past but over the past three weeks I have been unable to do anything. When I import a file it is as if the program will not render the image / audio. All that I get is blank screen with no sound. There is no image or sound. I have updated all the software and attempted to repair but the problem still exists.
Administrator
20.10.09 00:40:13
To: nordia.brown

The solution has already been offered in this thread.

Try setting your display color quality to highest (32-bit):

If you use Windows XP, right-click on desktop and open Properties. Here follow to Settings tab and change Color quality to 32-bit.

If you use Windows Vista, follow to Control Panel > Personalization. Open Display Settings and set Colors to 32-bit.

Note the screenshots attached.

Best regards
04.11.09 16:37:01
I have been using Video Editor 4 with no problems. My project was almost ready to be saved as a movie (transitions, music and effects added and all editing completed) when all of a sudden, I could no longer play the project. The video preview screen is blank and all of the buttons (start, pause, etc) are not highlighted so they can not be accessed to begin play. I have shut down my computer and rebooted. I have saved the project as a movie. I have check everything I know how to check. HELP - this is hours and hours of work down the drain if I have to start all over! Any suggestions????
Administrator
04.11.09 22:35:08
To: oldnurse

Try using the solution offered above (in bold).

Also try setting shorter duration for your transitions, make sure it is less than the duration of the images.

Regards
05.11.09 05:16:52
Thank you for your suggestions. I did check the control panel and using Vista, we have our display setting at 32-bit. I also opened my project and on storyboard checked each transition and they are all shorter than the vldeo clip connected to them. Is there any way to remove all of the transitions without removing the video clips or image? (That is actually a question I can't find in my 'Help' index.....how to remove a transition once it has been put into the timeline).

I have also opened a previous copy of my project and neither project will play on timeline or storyboard. The preview screen is blank and the buttons are not highlighted. I have also tried using the keyboard shortcut and am still not able to play the preview....no sound....no video.
Thanks
05.11.09 11:32:56
Can I join this one?

I'm getting situations where I load a project and the audio line is silent or the audio line plays but I get no video playback despite the sound from the video playing or I get situations where there is no sound or video. Curiously if I click on to the next scene on the project screen, I get video back but no sound.

On a couple of occasions closing and reopening the programme has helped but that isn't working now.

I'm running on 32 bit.
Administrator
06.11.09 04:07:22
To: oldnurse
To: Macque

We have just updated the program, so please try using the updated version. If the problem persists, do not hesitate to inform us.

oldnurse:
Is there any way to remove all of the transitions without removing the video clips or image? (That is actually a question I can't find in my 'Help' index.....how to remove a transition once it has been put into the timeline).
You can switch to Storyboard view, right-click a transition a choose "Delete Object".

Best regards
07.11.09 03:27:42
I was already running the updated version but I've downloaded it again with the same problems.
07.11.09 07:57:26
Hello. I'm having a similar problem to that mentioned by others. The Preview screen is no longer working. It worked fine all the time I was working on the project. I saved it to DVD but had to go back and make some tweeks. All ok to start with but now it will not play - at any speed. I have re-booted and also checked that the colour is set to 32 bits but no luck. Can anyone help. Thanks
Administrator
09.11.09 00:09:32
To: Macque
To: bostonben

Try updating drivers for your video card - this solution must be helpful.

Regards
09.11.09 11:35:05
I've been having the same problem for 5 days now. I have the trial version and it worked fine, but all of a sudden the Preview screen stop working. Even though you click on Play, it just remains blank and doesn't work. I had the same trouble with the AVS Media Player, btw - all I get when I try to play any media file is a blank display.

I updated the drivers for my video card as you suggested, but nothing happened. I really like Video Editor and plan to buy it, but I need this problem solved before I decide to make my purchase. Thanks.
Administrator
13.11.09 04:06:43
To: terylene

Please also pay your attention to post#7740 above. Have you tried this solution?

If this does not resolve the problem please specify:
- the OS installed on your PC, service pack, whether this is a 32- or 64-bit version,
- version of DirectX installed: you can check it up following Start > Run and using the following command: dxdiag (click Ok).

Also please remember which programs/codecs were installed before the preview disappeared - they might have caused the failure.

Regards
14.11.09 10:21:21
Hi Nadin, Thanks for your help. I have checked the drivers are working OK. I have checked for any updated and all updated. The preview screen is still not working. Is there anything else I can do. Thanks, Ian
Administrator
16.11.09 23:46:03
To: bostonben

Do you get no preview during playback of this particular project or any other files imported into the program?
Do you hear audio? Is there the cursor moving as you try to play the video?

Are there any other AVS programs installed on your PC, ex. AVS Video Converter, AVS Video ReMaker which have preview mode or AVS Media Player? If yes, could you please check up whether the same problem persists there or not.

Apart from that, please provide the information asked for above:
nadin:
- the OS installed on your PC, service pack, whether this is a 32- or 64-bit version,
- version of DirectX installed: you can check it up following Start > Run and using the following command: dxdiag (click Ok).

Also please remember which programs/codecs were installed before the preview disappeared - they might have caused the failure.

Thank you in advance for the details.

To: dfournier948@md.northwestern.edu

Your post has been moved. Please follow this link.
17.11.09 13:48:25
To: nadin

Hi nadin. I run dxdiag and found this: DirectX Version 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904) and this report on the DirectX Tab: "The file quartz.dll is missing! You should reinstall DirectX to get the latest version."

I then downloaded "directx_aug2009_redist.exe" from the Microsoft website, installed it, rebooted, and performed a new dxdiag system scan, however the report on the DirectX Tab keeps telling the same: "The file quartz.dll is missing!".

I use Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3, 32-bit version.

How can I solve the problem with the quartz.dll file? Thank you for your help.
Online:
Users:  1  Luisa Gomez
Guests:  411