AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
17.12.10 04:59:16
To: d146287

Vlad, After reinstalling once more I finally was able to go through the "AVS Burn session successfully. Still, the copied DVD won't play in my DVD player: there's no error message, the player simply will not start the DVD.
What I'm trying to do is copy a European format DVD to play in any American DVD player. Am I on the right track?
17.12.10 05:12:53
Vlad, After reinstalling AVS4you once more I was Finally able to get through the "AVS Burn" successfully. Still, the copied DVD won't play in my DVD player: there's no error message, the player simply will not start the DVD.
What I'm trying to do is copy a European format DVD to play in any American DVD player. Am I on the right track?
17.12.10 07:56:39

Hello,

Could you please give mode details about the problem:

What is the model of your DVD player?

Once you have converted your PAL DVD to NTSC color system you can burn it to disc without re-converting again using AVS Disc Creator software. Just find output DVD folder on your hard drive and burn it with AVS Disc Creator using "Burn DVD files function". Then try playing resulted disc on DVD player. Please get back to us with the results.

Regards.
17.12.10 19:56:26
To: Vlad

I have a Panasonic DMR-ES46V player that has no problem with any local discs. Before I follow your copying suggestion can you tell me if Disc Creatorcan access my source DVD directly instead of requiring a huge file created on the hard drive?
19.12.10 02:55:52

Yes, AVS Disc Creator can access DVD files directly. Just find "Burn DVD-video files" option in Video&Photo section of the program and add your VIDEO_TS folder for burning.
19.12.10 14:45:56

Vlad, AVS Video converter "successfully made a DVD from my original Euro DVD. Nevertheless, it wasn't playable in my DVD player. In addition, when I tried the copied disc on my computer it had no sound.
Once more, my goal is to copy my Euro format DVD (which is playable on my computer but not my DVD player) to a DVD playable on any American player.
Do you have any other ideas?
20.12.10 06:54:44

The only difference between european DVD and american DVD format is color system, ie. PAL and NTSC. So you should select NTSC when convertin DVD to american format, otherwise, DVD will play black and white. This is not the case I suppose.

The problem is that resulted disc is not readable by your DVD player. Have you tried AVS Disc Creator for burning DVD's? What were the results? Please kindly specify this information, it will allow you to assist you further.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards.
20.12.10 11:32:32

I have just finished trying AVS Disc Creator. The burning process was aborted with the message "Error #59. It went on to say this error is often caused by media incompatible with the drive. Vlad, this isn't a compatibility issue. I use 2 popular drives made by ASUS and Atapi. Also, it's not a media issue; I'm using high quality HP DVD's and I've tried some other generic discs with no improvement. What now?
22.12.10 07:35:38

There exactly seems to be compatibility issue.

We have just released new version AVS Disc Creater 5.0, so I'm kindly asking you to try it, as several bugs with certain models of burners have been fixed in it.

If it does not help, please attach your log files, you will find them in the following directories:

for Xp: c:\Documents and Settings\Current User\Application Data\AVS4YOU\DiskCreator\logs

for Vista, 7 - C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Roaming\AVS4YOU\AVSDiscCreator\logs
Experienced User
30.12.10 11:15:26

I don't want to butt in, but my very strong advice is not to use AVS Disc Creator at all. I wasted many hours and lots of DVDs and CDs until I finally gave up. Yes, it works sometimes (but even when it does jobs take a very long time), but it is completely unreliable.

No amount of uninstalling, reinstalling, or anything else ever solved the problem for me (and I have very good kit and discs).

What I did was download free disc burning software from the web, and used it to burn the files created with AVS software (including DVDs). I've had NO PROBLEMS since, and very fast burning times.

Sorry AVS/Vlad, but AVS Disc Creator is very poor indeed.

James
02.01.11 06:30:04
To: jcthomson

Yes, we admit that AVS Disc Creator can work unstable on some disc drives. However, we are improving the program from version to version and the bugs working with several disc drives have been fixed in the new one.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  278