AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
Administrator
01.06.09 00:36:14
To: sjhouston@earthlink.net

Have you tried using discs from another manufacturer? Actually, as a rule, there is a certain procent of defective discs in every brand new disc package. The error means that the disc surface is damaged, so you should try using a different disc.

Also check up if you have any problems when burning discs using any other software on this burner, as the problem might be that your burner does not function properly.

Best regards
18.07.09 20:02:32
I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW YOU GUYS KEEP SAYING IT THE DISK, ITS THE DISK, THEY ARE CORRUPTED, SCRATCHED, OR DEFECTIVE. I DON'T THINK ITS THE DISK WHEN THE ERROR KEEPS HAPPENING TO EVERYONE ON THIS PARTICULAR FORM. UNLESS WE ARE ALL BUYING THE SAME EXACT TYPE OF DVDS WHICH I FIND HARD TO BELIEVE. I HAVE BOUGHT 5 DIFFERENT BRANDS OF DVD AND HAVE OVER 100 COASTERS. WHY DONT YOU GUYS CREATE SOME TYPE OF UPGRADE THE AVS PROGRAM THAT WONT HAVE PROBLEMS WITH DIFFERENT TYPES OF DVDS OR DRIVES. I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO MAKE 1 DVD OUT OF ALL THE PACKAGES I PURCHASED PLUS PAYING FOR A PROGRAM THAT DOESN'T WORK. @=@=@=@=@=]-:)
19.07.09 15:40:02
To: nadin
I have read this entire section of the forum. You have many different people using many different brands and lot # of disks. I suspect that the program is giving false corruption messages, then giving the error. I am having the same problem, converts flawlessly, then it might burn or it might not. I have tried different brands with the same luck. I have no desire to ruin 100's of perfectly good disks just to be trying a different kind or lot #. I have purchased an unlimited subscription, so would like to know the product will work on a consistant basis.
Dam
Administrator
21.07.09 03:20:19
Hello,

Sorry indeed for the inconvenience occurred.

We always keep improving our software and are ready to solve this problem, but for that we need more information:

Please attach log files, that were created after unsuccessful burning. To find them, please follow:

If you used AVS Disc Creator:
(XP) C:\Documents and Settings\[USER NAME]\Application Data\AVS4YOU\AVSDiscCreator\logs
(Vista) C:\Users\[USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\AVS4YOU\AVSDiscCreator\logs

If you used AVS Video Burner:
(XP) C:\Documents and Settings\[USER NAME]\Application Data\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoBurner\logs
(Vista) C:\Users\[USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoBurner\logs

Best Regards
04.09.09 23:39:49
I'm having the same problem too. Any fix besides try another disk?

Thanks.
Administrator
07.09.09 06:16:55
To: yvonne

Make sure 1) you are using the latest version of the program, 2) your burner is functioning properly and you can burn discs successfully using the third-party software (if not, you might need to clean up its head), 3) the disc is not damaged (try using other disc types, i.e. discs from another manufacturer).

If all the answers are positive, we'd need the .log files created after unsuccessful burning. This would help us to analyse the problem. The path has been provided in the previous post submitted by Dam.

Best regards
22.09.09 17:14:36
I am having the same issue. I know it is not my dvd's because they burn fine with my other software. I do not want to waste anymore dvd's. I can not figure out how to get the logs. Can you please tell me again when on a Vista operating system how to get to the burn logs. Thank you
Administrator
23.09.09 00:50:30
To: V1TEONEILL

You need to follow to disc C: > Users. Here find the name of the user currently logged in, then follow to AppData > Roaming > AVS4YOU. In this folder find the burning program you have used, open the folder and find the logs. Attach them here.

Best regards
23.09.09 05:24:28
I went toc then to user but I do not see appdata. am I doing something wrong?? i dont ever change who i log in as so is there a different way?
Administrator
23.09.09 23:18:06
V1TEONEILL:
I went toc then to user but I do not see appdata.

The AppData must be hidden on your PC. In order to make the folder shown, please open Windows Explorer, click Organize > Folder Search Options in main menu, switch to View bookmark > Hidden Files and Folders. Enable the option "Show hidden files and folders".

We really need the .log files in order to clear up the problem.

Thank you
22.12.09 02:31:37
I am having the same problem. Here are my logs. I am using Maxell DVD+R 4.7gb 16x dvds.
Please let me know something.
Attached files:
22.12.09 10:27:11
To: Dam
Willing to help my ass! I've sent you multiple help requests with info and have not received one bit of help. Based on what I've seen so far, this software is a scam designed to steal money from unsuspecting consumers. While converting from AVI to DVD, the first conversion and subsequent burning works, then after converting the second file, the burner crashes (cancel message in burner status window) destroying the blank DVD as well as the conversion so I have to start over. It took me 20 DVD's to convert 10 files from AVI to DVD. Piece of shit!
22.12.09 10:39:06
Here are the burner logs. Everyone is having the same problem, quit making excuses and fix it

This post has been edited, as refund requests should not be posted on the forum, according to the rules.
Attached files:
961.26 KB
1292.45 KB
22.12.09 11:12:15
There are people who have complained about this for over 8 months now and it's still not resolved which means either AVS are intentionally stalling because they know their software doesn't work or they are a bunch of fucking incompetents. I'm guessing a bit of both. Is there a similar software package out there that actually works? Please post your suggestions, at this point I'll take the hit for what I spent and move on to something that works.
Administrator
24.12.09 01:32:30
To: NC Rahvin

According to the .log files, you have burnt discs successfully first, but later on defected discs were used, so therefore the burning process was canceled. Have you had this problem when using Maxell discs only? Try using discs from other manufacturers, ex. TDK or Verbatim.

To: alden21

Unfortuantely, the files you have attached cannot be opened. Please could you zip them and re-attach.

alden21:
There are people who have complained about this for over 8 months now and it's still not resolved which means either AVS are intentionally stalling because they know their software doesn't work or they are a bunch of fucking incompetents.

Every case is individual, in most cases this error occurs due to damaged disc surface or burner not working properly, so this is not a bug. We are always ready to do our best to work out a solution to every problem reported and, as a rule, we find a fix promptly.
03.05.10 18:47:53
Hello,

I just wanted to sign up and post here, as I have just spent about the last 6 hours trying to deal with this exact same problem and in my search for an answer, I came across this forum discussion.

I see that a lot of people are suffering the same problem I have had, so I thought I would just post to say how I solved it, in case it works for anyone else.

The problem had nothing to do with discs, as I (like many here) went through many different discs and brands trying to get this working. In the end, I uninstalled my dvd writer, rebooted my computer and then reinstalled the dvd writer. After that everything worked fine and there is no problem with burning discs now.

I hope that helps others out. Good luck.
04.05.10 05:10:15
To: Sleekk

Hello,

Thank you for sharing the experience. *SUPER* I'm sure your post will be useful for other users.

We also recommend to install the latest version AVS Disc Creator 4.1.1.473 to avoid the error.

Regards.
15.12.10 18:15:51
After sending my Video_TS folder to AVS Video Burner and the Burning Files window opens the program recognizes the file and seems to go normally. It reads Start Burning, Method Detecting, Opening session. Then things go wrong. The next line reads D:\Video_TS\VTS_01_VOB, twice. Then the messaqe "Error Write Buffer Sectors." That closes the session. What can be wrong?
(This was inadvertently posted to another topic. I hope this correction will speed a reply).
16.12.10 04:31:38
To: d146287

Hello,

Please make sure that you have the latest version AVS Video Converter 7.1..

To avoid the problem, please completely reinstall AVS software using the steps here.

I hope it helps.

Best regards.
16.12.10 11:25:06
To: Vlad

Hi, Using the same procedure after downloading the latest version I now get about 50% through the burning session when I get the message that the session is closed due to corrupted or incompatible disc. The disc is a high quality HP. I tried again using another brand and got the same message. What now?
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  25