AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
15.04.09 11:35:47
To: nadin

I am refering to the output after the conversion stored on the hard drive. as I said the others which are identical show the output file size as 3 GB these failed ones show around 73MB. There is only a 73MB in the VIDEO_TS folder but these should be over 3G. Compared to the successfull burns.There is no file under the VIDEO_TS folder or the Audio_TS folderon the "burnt" DVD. Sometimes the DVD wil not burn just get the "Error write buffersectors".

When I say the "identical" I mean they are all 45 minute segments of the same show recorded over several weeks, they are all the same basic content and the same basic size.
Administrator
16.04.09 03:24:11
To: awsampson@eastlink.ca

Then this seems to be not the burning, but the conversion problem. We would be glad to recieve your input file for testing. Please could you upload it to our FTP server. Apart from that, we`d need the project file created in AVS Video Editor (.vep file). The instruction will be sent to you on the support page.

Thank you in advance
16.04.09 16:26:24

When you say "input file" are you meaning the edited project? or the raw recorded video from the tv which are basically the same as the ones that I have already sucessufully created into movie and burnt to DVD with the video editing program. The raw input file is over 3 GB.
Thanks
Albet
Administrator
16.04.09 22:53:42
awsampson@eastlink.ca:
The raw input file is over 3 GB.
It would be great if you uploaded this file describing your actions step by step when editing your project and saving the movie.

Regards
23.04.09 01:42:48
I saw you had an answer to the error write buffer sector. You stated that the DVD was bad. I just opened a new pack of memorex DVD's and tried about 10 of them. I promise you they are not all bad what other answers do you have for this problem?
26.04.09 07:03:06
HELP! I'm getting the same error 'error write buffer sectors'.
My DVD is new (4.7GB 1-4x), what I'm trying to burn is 3,95 GB.
The .avi file is correctly converted into dvd format, but when trying to burning it I get this error.

When I run the repair option I see an error there.

Please take a look to the attachments and give me a tip *SOS*
Attached files:
25.31 KB
26.04.09 07:07:45
Sorry... I forgot one attachment
Attached files:
20.79 KB
Administrator
27.04.09 04:14:35
To: Skeeter
To: sonia.busini

Please note the below recommendations:

If such a problem appears with the same disc or with the discs from the same lot, you should try and use a different disc for the recording. To assure the compatibility with the different drives, it is recommended to use low-speed discs from known manufacturers:
a. DVD-RW 1x-2x, DVD-R 4x and slower
b. DVD+RW 2.4x, DVD+R 2.4-4x

It is right for most of the DVD-RW drives produced before 2005.

3. Please make sure that the discs you use are compatible with your disc drive. For that please launch AVS Disc Creator and press Get Drive Info button. Then pay attention to the Burn discs field, to make sure the discs type you use are compatible with your disc drive.

If the problem still remains, please provide us with more information:
1. the burning settings you selected to write the disc;
2. the disc type used (type, manufacturer, speed);
3. the model of your burner;
4. please also attach the log. files, that were created after unsuccessful burning.

To find them, please follow:
Local Disc (C) >> WINDOWS >> coredw.log
Local Disc (C) >> WINDOWS >> discwriter.log

Thank you in advance
28.04.09 02:56:00
First of all I have sent many email requests to avs .. why no response ?

I still have yet to see a good answer for "error write buffer sector"

After 6 months of burning and being very pleased with AVS- I have a big problem.

I have purchased this software 2 x's because I was never sent the email with my license code after 7 -10 requests.
Mind you, I needed my license code again because after 1 week of trying to fix this problem and getting nowhere-
I recovered my computer - deleting everything and starting over. I was never sent my license retrevial code. So i purchased the product again. Like i said I was pleased with avs but not receiving those emails should have been my 1st red flag.

]Now, after converting an avi file and it says conversion complete .. burn to disc .. I hit start burning
The timer moves and it looks like it starts to burn but no blue line appears. then a box pops up that says
"error write buffer sectors" at about 2 minutes. burn is cancelled

Now many other people have asked the same question and i have yet to see a helpful reponse

I'm sure the response i get will say something like -
"we need exact detail and specific info about when this happens" - which i gave above

or "there is a problem with the disc" - using verbatim .. new package .. got halfway through the package last week before problem started... opened up another package .. same problem.

I need some help= this software is useless to me unless i can burn
Administrator
28.04.09 03:58:12
To: lab28

Please first note that according to our Forum Rules, we do not discuss any activation issues on the forum. You will be contacted on the support page shortly.

We are really looking forward to resolving this issue. Still could you please attach the .log files - they contain all the information on the burning process and must make it possible to clear up this issue.

You can find them in the following directory:
C:\Documents and Settings\[User]\Application Data\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoBurner

Thank you
28.04.09 17:55:46
hi nadin
First, I apologize for breaking forum rules. I never been on a forum before and didn't know there were rules. I couldn't even figure out how to get to the forum. I googled "error write buffer sectors" - I clicked on the link and got to the forum. I really only use my computer for downloading and I use the AVS video converter... I'm not computer savvy at all. Again, I apologize for my ignorance.
Now I know you gave me the info for where to find the log files.. C:\Documents and Settings\[User]\Application Data\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoBurner ... but I can't figure out how to get there. Again, I'm showing my ignorance- could you tell me where to look?
Administrator
29.04.09 01:54:25
That`s no big deal, don`t worry! Just contact our Support Team with the activation issues in future.

lab28:
C:\Documents and Settings\[User]\Application Data\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoBurner ... but I can't figure out how to get there.
1. Follow to Disc C: on your computer and open Documents and Settings folder.
2. Click the folder with the name of the user who is administrator on this PC.
3. Make sure all the folders are shown. Click on Tools > Folder Options in main menu. Then in Folder Options > View enable the option "Show hidden files and folders".
4. Then follow to Application Data folder > AVS4YOU > AVSVideoBurner > logs.
5. You will see a couple of files in this folder - these are files that we need in order to analyse the problem. Please attach them here.

Hope to hear from you soon
29.04.09 08:19:19
hi nadin-

Thanks, I got it!
Attached files:
14.24 KB
Administrator
29.04.09 23:10:35

Unfortunately, the files attached cannot be opened. Please could you zip them first. Save them to a folder, then right-click it and choose Send To > Compressed (Zipped) Folder.

Thank you in advance
30.04.09 04:59:41
hi nadin

Ok, I think I got it now
Attached files:
1.09 KB
Administrator
04.05.09 03:05:21

Thank you for the .log files. Actually they clearly show that the disc surface was damaged, so we`d recommend using another disc for burning, i.e. a low-speed disc from another manufacturer, ex. TDK. Make sure it is not scratched.

Best regards
04.05.09 03:06:21
I too am experiencing "Write Buffer Sector Problems". I am using Verbatium DVD+R discs Speed 16X.
I am able to burn roughly 5 discs ok, than on the 6th disc I get the "Write Buffer Sector" error and the disc pops out from the burner. I have lost about 8+ discs due to this problem. I was using Sony discs before with a write speed of 4X and experienced the same problem. So I am a bit confused as to your recommendation to use a slower write speed. Whose discs do you recommend? Who has a disc with a write speed of 2.4 to 4x?
I figured that there was a problem with the movie that I downloaded. It was by accident that I found this forum, I was unable to connect using your program that was originally down loaded that I use for converting.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I too had difficulty getting a reply from your orginazation.
Administrator
04.05.09 05:31:24
tj chmielewski:
I am able to burn roughly 5 discs ok, than on the 6th disc I get the "Write Buffer Sector" error and the disc pops out from the burner.
Obviosly, the disc was defective. Try using a disc from another manufacturer.

Regards
04.05.09 06:45:54
hi nadin

I was halfway through a pack of 100 Verbatim Discs when this started to happen. I purchased another pack of 100 at a different store. While I was waiting for an answer to the log files, I bought a 5 pack of memorex - same thing... I have used RW discs in the past that actually did have some scratches on it and there was no problem burning. So I can't understand this. I will try the TDK discs as my last option. I hope it works.
31.05.09 12:46:26

I am getting the same errors and it IS NOT corrupted media. Has anyone come up with a fix?
Online:
Users:  1  justinwilliams
Guests:  467