AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
04.05.16 05:10:01
Okay, are we going to actually get some support on this program? Because the continuous "Just reinstall and everything will be fine" is tiring and could be copy-pasted by a trained howler monkey.

Yes, I have reinstalled. Yes, I am using the most recent version I downloaded not twenty minutes ago from your site. I have even rebuilt my C runtime libraries from the ground up and still receive access violations that range from various MSVCR[x] dll files to AVSVideoEditor.exe itself.

Replication happens mainly on files that are greater than 500MB in size during either editing or converting. Based on my review of dump files it appears your program has issues with memory addressing in a x64 architecture and keeps stepping on C runtime components.

At this point I am frustrated and just dumping this waste of money in the bin. Maybe I'll be back when your programmers actually fix the memory addressing problems.
Nat
04.05.16 11:12:40
To: R0AHN

Dear user,

To avoid the issue please try to follow the recommendations:

- download, unzip and run the file "economy mode".

- download, unzip and place AVSVideoEditor file to your harddrive folder C:\Program Files\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoEditor replacing the old one.

Inform about the result please.

Kind regards
Attached files:
18.10.16 08:53:59
I have just bought AVS video editor 7.4 , but I have problem with importing any video files, the process doesn‘t start - there is no response.

(I have windows 7)

I also tried AVS video converter 9.4.

If I wanted to add some video files then this message occured:

Access violation at address 040C12D0

Read of address FFFFFFFF

Please, do you know , where is the reason ?

Kind regards
Nat
18.10.16 09:17:40
To: vonkape

Dear user,

To avoid the problem pleas reinstall AVS4YOU software following the instructions below:

1. Follow this link and download the utility that will automatically remove all AVS software components from your PC. Save the utility on your computer and launch it.

2. Download and install the latest versions of the necessary programs from our website.

Inform about the result please.

Kind regards
19.10.16 08:48:50

Hi,
unfortunately, it is still the same.
I'll try to uninstall some redundant programs from my PC. They can cause conflict with AVS.
I'll inform you about the result
Kind regards
Nat
19.10.16 10:52:43

Dear user,

Thank you for the information.

Please try to repair AVS files:

1. Close all AVS programs and other running applications.
2. Copy the following link to the address bar of My computer window and press <Enter>:

If you run 32bit PC: %COMMONPROGRAMFILES%\AVSMedia\ActiveX\Repairing.exe
If you run 64bit PC: %COMMONPROGRAMFILES(x86)%\AVSMedia\ActiveX\Repairing.exe

If some of the .dlls are not registered, please make a screenshot of the Repair window showing those files and send it to us.

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards
31.12.17 15:38:27
To: Nat

I googled my error message and ended on this thread, i've had the same problem that everyone experiences:

I've been using Video Converter since 2013 without any problem but now i've got a Acces Violation message.

I've tried every solution mentioned

- I've desactivated my AV.

- I've downloaded and installed the lastest version

- I've tried to uninstall both manually and with the uninstaller and reinstalled several times

- I'v checked my dlls.

- I've user the repair exe program

All those manipulations with no result whatsoever.

I finally rolled back to a older version which used to function on my PC (9.5 downloaded from an old version site) and hurrah it works ... at last.

I'm glad it works now but i haven't got a clue on what happened?

Hope this trick works for someone else.
Nat
03.01.18 12:11:38
To: Dotter

Dear user,

I will pass it over to our developers team.

I will let you know as soon as we find a solution.

Kind regards
ad
24.01.18 10:31:50
Hi,

Just like previous visitors, I confirm that I have the same problem: Windows 10, 64bit, complete installation of AVS.
De-installed, cleaned - still receive "Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000." (See screenshot).
There a shallow consolation: after clicking on several error-windows when I start the program again, it starts up an functions regularly.
I sincerely hope you are able to fix this obviously disfunctional programming-problem, as user Roahn (2016) and user Dotter (2017) already indicated.
At least let us know that you acknowledge your responsability and share some serious communication with your view on this.

Sincerely,
ad
Attached files:
Nat
24.01.18 11:28:20
To: ad

Dear Ad,

There are several reasons that may cause the issue.

Please try to repair AVS files:

1. Close all AVS programs and other running applications.
2. Copy the following link to the address bar of My computer window and press <Enter>:

If you run 32bit PC: %COMMONPROGRAMFILES%\AVSMedia\ActiveX\Repairing.exe
If you run 64bit PC: %COMMONPROGRAMFILES(x86)%\AVSMedia\ActiveX\Repairing.exe

If some of the .dlls are not registered, please make a screenshot of the Repair window showing those files and send it to us.

Please also specify the antivirus system you have.

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards
ad
26.01.18 09:52:39
Thanks, Nat.

Your last suggestion seems te be relevant.
I excluded AVS from viruscontrol (F-secure) - repair-tool had already been done, few days ago, after googling the problem.

Now trying to repair again (following your suggestion), the repair-tool itself gave an Access violation message, twice. Still I managed to activate the tool afterwards: no errors, all repaired smoothly.
Then trying to run one of the AVS-applications, I got the same message again: Access violation, twice, followed by the Win-10 message that the app would be closed.

At that point I have changed the anti-virus settings, allowing AVS to be excluded from control.
The few applications I tried so far, gave no moe error message.

So far, so good!
Kind regards.
Nat
26.01.18 11:13:03
To: ad

Dear user,

I am glad the issue is resolved.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
03.06.19 17:40:59
Trying to convert 2 videos into 1 in the same exact format it is originally and I got 9 seconds in and then Access violation at address 00535306 in module 'AVSVVideoConverter.exe', Read of the address 00000028, seems AVS keeps messing up no matter what, paid customer for years and this is the garbage I get? One issue after another after another after another and no fixes previously mentioned have worked. Think it's time I take my money elsewhere if you guys can't fix this garbage. All this uninstalling repairing and installing again and again is wearing out my SSD and unless you want to pay me for a new one I suggest fixing the numerous bugs that keep plaguing this software
Nat
05.06.19 08:41:51
To: Davidinlv

Dear user,

You have been assisted in AVS4YOU support system.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  210