AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
21.11.11 23:25:38
To: Vlad
Why not leave open the bitrate? It is not standard and the program can calculate the final size with it, so we can adjust to have the full lenght of the DVD used.
Also you can use Variable Bit Rate and more than one pass, so the final result will be a lot better. I think everybody will like it.
Best regards
25.11.11 08:34:51
To: ChessPlayer

Thank you for your suggestion, but as I have already mentioned we offer standard presets with output settings which fit to all DVD players. The presets were tested carefully to avoid playback problems on most DVD player. If we allow to change some settings, such as bitrate, output DVD may not be played correctly on DVD player.
06.12.11 09:05:58
Hello, We just bought a Sony Handycam HDR-XR160, which shoots in HD. REcording is done at highest possible quality setting.
The video editing works beautifully and is easy to use. Images are really nice and sharp. Once we produce the video though, the quality is very poor.

The following setting are used for output: Web>SWF Best Quality (with standard setting unaltered).

The clips are intended for use on Facebook & Youtube.

Does anyone have any advice on how to improve quality?

Many thanks!!
06.12.11 13:26:05
To: bublesss99

Hello,

SWF is poor quality format comparing with HD video. You should save video to FILE>AVI format selecting special profile with output settings for Facebook and Youtube, ( it's better to choose HD video for Youtube). Here you can find more details.

Best regards.
07.12.11 08:53:46

Thanks for that. With the new settings you suggested the quality is better already. It is possible to get even better quality? Comparing the created project with the orginial shots, there is still deterioration. Could you perhaps suggest what settings to tweak? We're relatively new to this..

Thanks so much for your help so far!
07.12.11 12:48:22
To: bublesss99

Hello,

Could you please describe what exactly becomes worse in the quality after conversion? Also, please attach a screenshot of your input file properties - AVS Video Converter>Advanced>Conversion Options.

Best regards.
27.12.11 08:47:43
II purchased this product to do lossless video cutting and combining of 3gp files. I also have som mod files that I would like to edit this way. I am concerned because everytime I try to edit one of them, the output is always in a different format. I know that it is being re-encoded because the output option is always set to avi and the output video shows as a different codec when I open it in MPC. I have no way of knowing what to set it to for the output. If I open the original file to see the codec I see it is mp4 for the 3gp files. But I don't know what to set the output for as there are multiple mp4 version for the output. Is there a way to make the program automatically put the output format the same as the input? Thanks for any help. the lossless editing is the reason I purchased this porgram. Without that feature it is a waste of money to me =(.
27.12.11 09:26:21
To: cooldudeilovejesus

Hello,

AVS Video ReMaker allows to change file container, but video codec remains the same, video is not re-encoded. If you want to keep 3gp file container for your video, you should select 3gp in Video drop down list when press ReMaker Now!. Please find the details how to save files in AVS Video ReMaker following this link.

As for mod file format, unfortunately, it is not supported by our software for output. You should choose another available file container for video codec used in your mod file.

I hope it helps.

Best regards.
27.12.11 10:18:49

Thanks. the file container/codec difference is apparent to me but I dont fully understand it yet. Thanks for letting me know that the actually quality hasnt changed, just the container. I appreciate the time and realize my money was well spent because I do like the GUI of this program. While you are here I wondered if you had any articles you could post that is a good read on file container/codecs and their differences.

Thank You,
Jason
04.01.12 11:46:19
To: cooldudeilovejesus

Dear Jason,

Sorry for the late response.

You can read articles about video codecs/container on wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_codec
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_container_format

Thank you for kind words about our software. We are glad that you like using it.

Best regards.
15.02.12 03:22:05
HI, I am trying to convert a wmv, mpeg, mp3/4 to 3gp (approx5-12mb...can fiddle to get down to 5/6 if that helps) for use in MMS service....providers specs say that it must be 450kb or less. Your setting for 'minimum size with audio' is 495kb. Is there a way to get it smaller with no further loss of quality? I have tried and tried and nothing is working!!!! HELP! I love your product and I don't want to go looking for another. Thankyou, Teresa
Lex
Administrator
15.02.12 08:13:16
To: teresa

Hello Teresa,

Please follow our instructions on reducing the video file size. Please note, there is no possibility to avoid the loss of quality while reducing the video size.

Best regards
15.02.12 11:44:37
To: Lex

Hi Lex, thanks for that.
A few hours break from it all and now following your instructions I have now got it! Very excited and thank you so much! In the end I converted from WMV 12mb to 3gp Minimum size 495kb...then I followed your instructions and converted to 3gp again but with custom settings YEA! I just didn't really know which fields to play with - or not.
As I said in my first post - your product is great - now I can say that your support is too,

Cheers
Teresa
Lex
Administrator
16.02.12 07:01:28
To: teresa

You are welcome:-)
25.03.12 19:00:32
How do I prevent my edited video files from changing both format and quality? Whenever I add music to my videos, the resulting file is always lower video resolution and quality. What am I missing? Thanks.
Lex
Administrator
26.03.12 08:08:36
To: critterdoc

Hello,

Note when you edit and save the video it always looses its quality. However, you can try to select the similar parameters to the origianl video before conversion. Click the Advanced button to modify parameters.

Best regards.
05.04.12 03:19:06
My daughter shot a short film on a flip ultra hd cam and has been selected to have her film screened at a film festival. They want it delivered as a quicktime file. I am wondering which settings I should use when I "produce" the film to make sure she gets the highest quality output possible.

Her Flip cam records at 1280 x 720, 30fps with a 9Mbs bitrate. Does that mean that when I customize the quicktime settings that I should set the birate at 9mbs as well?

Thanks for any help..
Administrator
05.04.12 12:32:27
To: billyd

Hello,

We suggst you to convrt your video MOV following the instruction and select Highest Available Quality profile, 30fps with 9Mbs bitrate (in Advanced settings)

Best regards
05.04.12 19:31:26
To: Morestel

Thanks for the advice. I looked at the advanced settings yesterday and noticed that you can pick up to 50mbs bitrate. Would the quality of the output be any better than at 9mbs? Or maybe it doesn't matter because the original footage was at 9mbs. And just yo be clear it is to be theatrically screen so I want to make sure it holds up as best it can when it is blown up.

Thanks again.
Administrator
06.04.12 09:37:19
To: billyd

Hello,

I suggest you to check with the organizers of the festival the parameters of the video accepted (some players can't read the video with 50fps or the video becomes jerky etc.). In all case you can create two versions of the same video (with two bitrates) and compare the quality.

Best regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  216