AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
Experienced User
20.05.09 07:54:17
To: North43West80

Buy a DL dvd burner and burn your videos on 8.5GB disks
21.05.09 05:48:31
And not use AVS4You other than to burn videos ? Seems a waste of a terrific software ! In addition, i've found most answers on video topics to be vague and not well informed. I'm disappointed with the support from AVS4YOU! To always just re-direct me to the user guides is not why I'm posting ! Thanks anyway Shachar2
]-:)
Administrator
21.05.09 05:51:01
North43West80:
In addition, i've found most answers on video topics to be vague and not well informed.
We are really disapponited by your feedback, as we constantly cooperate with our developers concerning the issues reported by the users and are doing our best to reply in a professional and detailed manner.

Please keep in mind that it depends on your input file size and the output bitrate chosen in the program, which file size you will get on the output. For ex, it has been discussed within the following thread that in order to convert a 4.5gb DVD to a 800mb AVI file, you need to select MPEG4 Video 765kbps preset in the program. So, please specify size and format of your input file and we will advise on the preset you'd better choose.

Unfortunately, for the moment it is not possible to set the output file size in the program. However, this feature will be developed within the next versions of AVS Video Converter.

Regards
27.07.09 17:09:20
Hi I've just bought the WDTV and am converting my entire DVD collection to .avi format.

I'm having a little trouble finding the best mix of high quality screen image and file size.

A standard DVD on custom settings is about 2gb (4000kbs, home theatre setting, original screen size and original frame rate)

I've noticed some of the movies people have on the net to download are good quality and only between 800mb - 1.2Gbs - What am I doing wrong?

Has anyone cracked which settings work best?

thanks
27.07.09 17:15:44
To: mishk_z

Sorry forgot to mention I have the latest release of Video Converter 6
Support Manager
28.07.09 05:46:26

Hi,

When you convert video to AVI, there can be selected several profiles with different output settings for output file in our program. Every profile fits to different device or video screen, so you should just select which fits you. If you want to play resulted avi on computer I would recommend you to rip your DVD's to Video: (MPEG4 (Divx,xviD) profiles with 1500 or 768 kbps bitrate.
30.07.09 23:24:32
To: Vlad

Thanks Vlad - what about if it was for a 106cm LCD HDTV? - there does not seem to be anything obvious that looks like a good fit into that category of TV - especially when converting a standard dvd.

I am keen to keep file size low but high quality.

Thanks Mishk
Support Manager
31.07.09 01:24:29

To play video on 106cm LCD HDTV try to convert to HD Video 1080p profile. This profile is exactly for such screen as yours. However, standart DVD has much smaller resolution than HD 1080 profile and there may be stretch problems in the video, but just try.
08.01.10 11:25:47
Hi,

Is there a recommended bit rate to use when recording video from VHS tapes to your hard drive using the video recorder program?

The Hauppauge video capture card on my computer allows me to record the video from VHS in various bit rates. Normally it shows "average k bits/sec as 5,000" and "peak as 7,000" but it can be adjusted. I've used the 5,000 to 7,000 normally but I've tried using 7,000 to 9,000 also but I really didn't see that much of a difference in the output file except of course, that the output file is a lot larger on the 7,000 to 9,000 setting.

So is there a specific bit rate setting that would work best in creating output files that would make them more compatible when inputiing these files into AVS video converter or other AVS video programs?

Also, what about using the "constant or variable" bit rate settings? Is "variable" the best setting to use since a lot of my videos are sports with a lot of motion in them?

Please let me know.

Thanks!
Administrator
10.01.10 04:27:47
rollerreftom:
I've used the 5,000 to 7,000 normally but I've tried using 7,000 to 9,000 also but I really didn't see that much of a difference in the output file except of course, that the output file is a lot larger on the 7,000 to 9,000 setting.
Basically the quality of your output video directly depends on the bitrate: the more bitrate the higher video quality. Although the difference might not be noticed at once (for instance, if you increase the bitrate just a little), the quality still changes, so if you need to record videos in high quality, we'd recommend choosing higher bitrate settings.

rollerreftom:
Also, what about using the "constant or variable" bit rate settings? Is "variable" the best setting to use since a lot of my videos are sports with a lot of motion in them?
VBR is considered to offer a higher quality than CBR, but it also has some disadvantages. You'd might find interesting to read the following article in Wikipedia.

Kind regards
10.01.10 04:35:12
Hi all - I have just started this today - I don;t even think I have reached amateur level yet so apologies if any of these things have been asked before but I have been going around in circles on the web trying to find some help with this!

All I am trying to do is make a DVD of some movie clips I have of my son from last year - I have a mixture of formats - some Mpeg, som MOV and some AVI. My latest camera shoots in MOV format and HD too so I don;t want to lose this quality but I know that I can;t burn MOV clips to DVD (right?)

My questions are;

If I change the MOV clips to Mpegs will I lose any quality by doing this?

Also, do I need to convert all the MOV's to mpegs first or can I just click the 'to dvd' tab? If I do this will this losequality? Then can I add my mpeg files to this afterwards?

Bascially, do I need to get all the clips in one format first - if so which one?

I am happy to get more software if needed, but I already have Adobe premiere elements which just won't work at all, quicktime pro which doesn't support anything other than MOV format or AVI and now AVS Videoconverter and the PIXELA imagemixer that came with my original camcorder that can't see MOV files so I hope between that lot I should be able to make just one DVD!

I would really appreciate some technical help! Thanks in advance

Louise
Administrator
11.01.10 22:53:23
To: LouA

If you would like to create a fully functional DVD movie to be able to play it in your DVD player (get VIDEO_TS structure), all your files should be merged into one video and converted to DVD. However, it seems that your input files have different parameters, such as frame size, frame rate or bitrate, so if you convert them all at once choosing one of the DVD profiles, the quality might get lost.

LouA:
If I change the MOV clips to Mpegs will I lose any quality by doing this?
It depends on which output settings you choose. Click Advanced > File Information and try setting output bitrate and other parameters as close to the input ones as possible (by choosing between the profiles available or by following to Edit Profile window and adjusting them manually). To preview the movie prior to conversion, follow to Edit window and use the player.

LouA:
Also, do I need to convert all the MOV's to mpegs first or can I just click the 'to dvd' tab? If I do this will this losequality?
Converting files more than once is not preferable, as with each conversion the quality decreases.

LouA:
Then can I add my mpeg files to this afterwards?
In case you have converted some files to DVD, new MPEG files can be added to this DVD structure only by reconverting the DVD with the other files together.

LouA:
Bascially, do I need to get all the clips in one format first - if so which one?
Probably you should try using AVI, as this is a common format supported by different programs and DVD players. You can convert your files one by one choosing one of the DivX profiles. Again, choose output settings as close to the input parameters as possible. Then you can burn all the output files to one DVD (create a data DVD) in AVS Disc Creator.

Regards
26.01.10 06:08:22
Hi, I am currently evaluating the free versions of the video editing and conversion. I want to edit some of my concert DVDs to just have certain songs available for a playlist. I am currently streaming them to my PS3 via TVersity. I was able to edit and save a video using a few different file formats, but it seems to lose much of the original video quality. I see the video converter has a sony PS3 HD format, but the editor does not.

What is the best file format I should use for optimum video and sound quality to steam or load on my P23?

Would I need to then use the converter to convert it to the Sony P23 file format?

It appears the PS3 compatible format is 480P, is there a better resolution wide screen format available?

Thanks!

rkc
26.01.10 12:08:39
To: Road king Cole

I think what I need to use is "AVS Video ReMaker" which will not convert the file to a different format and then just stream the cut up VOB files to the PS3....
Administrator
26.01.10 23:28:38
Road king Cole:
I think what I need to use is "AVS Video ReMaker" which will not convert the file to a different format and then just stream the cut up VOB files to the PS3....
Yes, I think that would be the best way to preserve the original quality.

Kind regards
07.04.10 01:46:31
I've been using AVS for some time now, just a few small jobs converting a few flv and mp4 files, but recently I've looked at my file collection and decided I want them all in one easy to use high quality format. I've had a few problems with converting and I was wondering if I could get some help. I'd also like to know what video format is most suitable for a wide variety of file types.

Firstly, MKV format. Most of my MKV files have multiple languages and subtitles, when I convert them to AVI or MP4 it only one of the languages is carried across with subtitles or worse, squishes all the languages together and when I play the video back in it's new format I hear multiple languages and see multiple subtitles. Is there a way to choose what audio/subtitle information is converted from an MKV to another format? I've played around with the converter but couldn't find any thing.

VOB and ISO format files. What's the best way to convert them to say... AVI? I've tried to mount them on a virtual drive and then copy it as if it were a DVD, but that's an extremely long and slow process and usually ruins the playback with DVD menus and the like. Is there a way to isolate each individual episode from the DVD into individual files?

Also, generally when converting videos what's the best way to maintain quality? Is it better to stay within the same file type?

And lastly, is it possible to speed up the converting process in any fashion? Say for converting large files or numerous files?

Sorry for the lengthy post. If I could get some help with it or any part there of I'd greatly appreciate it.
07.04.10 07:58:04
To: Jader7777

Hello,

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any assistance.

First of all, you can select languages and subtitles tracks you need in Advanced setting of AVS Video Converter. For it you should click Advanced button and open File Information tab. Now you can select language in Audio>Track option and subtitles in Subpicture option.

As for converting VOB and ISO files, you don't need using virtual drives, etc. You should just open the files in our progran and select conversion to AVI. Please note that VOB files are usually from DVD's disc and we recommend to open VIDEO_TS.IFO files, not VOB's to convert such disc. Here you can find the detailed instructions how to convert DVD's in our software. Quality and speed of conversion depends output settings you select in the Profile list of AVS Video Converter. When convert to AVI I would recommend you to select profiles with Divx or H.264 codecs, for example VIDEO: MPEG 4 (Divx;xviD) 1500 kbps; MP3 192, kbps. Please note that if your source videos are not HD orginally, you should not convert them to HD Video presets with output settings as it will extremely slow down conversion.

Finally, to convert several videos at once you can use batch mode, to boost conversion you can set Highest conversion priority, see the screenshot attached.

You can learn more about AVS Video Converter feature reading help manuals on our Online Help website and special User Guides

Kind Regards.
22.04.10 15:06:49
I need to get some clips from a longer movie and wanted to save in native .MP4 format but I don't see a choice so I use the 1280x720 option. How can I best get the 1280x960 after I clip a piece of the movie using the editor? Or any other way?
Thanks,
schemer
26.04.10 08:59:13
To: schemer

Hello,

When you choose to which format AVI, MPEG and others save your video, you can click Advanced button and select another frame size you need.

Actually, you can save video to .mp4 format choosing the option Device when saving movie. In the Device you should save to Playes selecting the profile for iPod and choosing mp4 file type in Advanced option.

Best regards.
26.04.10 09:38:42
To: Vlad

Ok, thanks for the info. I guess i should have mentioned I want to use the video's on YouTube in the HD format. I read somewhere else that one of your other products, Video ReMaker, is good for this. I will check it out and see how it goes. Otherwise if I use the ADVANCED settings, will the video be exactly as the original seeing it is 1280x960 in the first place? If I am confusing you it is because I don't see an option for the 1280x960 in any of the drop down menu's. I thought 960p was a standard resolution. I guess I should mention the videos are taken with a GoPro HD Wide camera.
Thanks,
schemer
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  469