AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
Administrator
10.06.09 03:27:57
To: bjykl

In order to help you, we'd need some more information on the problem. Please provide us with the same details asked for in my previous post. Are you getting an error when saving the movie? Please attach a screenshot of the error.

Hope to hear from you soon
21.06.09 17:05:09
To: nadin

here are the attached files you requested! please help!
28.06.09 11:37:15

Hello!
I have got a similar problem. Trying to create a video from a project. It dumps at 26.5 %. Window is kicking it out. I have this reported to the support with case number 85794 but have no answer. I also have added it here on the forum but neither has given me a response. The forum link http://forum.avs4you.com/posts.aspx?lng=ENG&t=1268.
The video is 45 minutes. HP Compaq dc7700p, 2 CPU 6400 2,13 GHz, Memory 2,4 Gb, Windows XP SP 3.
Trying to create a PAL video with high performance.
I am enclosing screendumps from the stop. The Windows logfile and the project. The last one ZIP:ed. The screendump and logfile does not match, I lost the logfile when the program was ended and had to recreate a new one.
I am just enclosing the project here You will get a new message with the two other files in a couple of minutes. I am close to the maximum in Mb.

Hope you can support me!

Regards!
28.06.09 11:49:37

Okey here comes the rest!
__DUMP.... is the screenshots.

Regards!
Attached files:
Administrator
29.06.09 05:58:35
To: bjykl
To: Flyer

Please try saving your projects with the new version of AVS Video Editor (4.2) which is now available on our website.

Would be great if you wrote back on the result.
29.06.09 12:25:07

Made the installation. Forgot to take the HIKEY:s away. Tried to create the Film. In the beginning I got Access Violation at adress 042CAF3D in module AVSVideofile3.dll Read of adress 31FD200. I pushed OK. The program was not canceled. The screen was left with the program. I pushed Pause and the Create button showed again and I pushed the Create button. The conversion continued but did not show any Preview. After 6 % the preview started from the beginning.
The video was created and I saved it to a DVD. No problems.

I tried once more. This time I got "Abnormal program termination" when starting the creation.

I reinstalled the program completly, did not forget the HIKEY:s.
Tryed again. But got Abnormal termination.
Opened again, made some minor changes of the audio files. The editor is extremly slow. I did not find it slow before I loaded this version.
Tryed once more to create but still gets Abnormal Termination.

So this is it. I am closing this. I can not use more hours for this, I have used enough. You will get the same files as last time. But I must find a more safe Editor.

Regards
Yngve
Attached files:
Administrator
30.06.09 04:50:53

We are really disappointed that the problem persists with the new version and would be glad to offer you a solution, however, in order to reproduce the bug we'd need the source files you have used in your project. If you could send them to us that would be really great. I'll submit the appropriate instruction on the support page.

Best regards
21.08.09 05:13:25

Nadin!

Please look at message at the support page please!

Flyer
21.08.09 18:25:42
To: Carl Tongberg

If you have Windows Movie maker installed, disable the program or uninstall.
There me be a problem with windows and to many transitions.
I do not know why!

Traker
23.08.09 01:54:30
To: bobscott

Sorry but I do not know how to disable or uninstall movie maker.
Administrator
24.08.09 23:55:04
To: bobscott

Actually conflicts between AVS programs and Windows Movie Maker should not persist, so uninstallng WMM does not seem to be a reasonable advice. Anyway, we do not claim that this must be a solution to the problems reported.

Best regards
14.01.10 07:12:07
I too have the same issue trying to save a move file to quicktime HD, Using the latest download version of the video editor on Windows 7 home edition on a HP P300 touchscreen computer. It worked fine for the first 3 movies saves, then I get this windows message that says the program stopped working, search for a solution, program had to be closed. I tried using different formats and it varies how much it processess before closing. I used the repair feature and thought that solved my problem because it nearly completed saving movie before crashing. I also, notice that when using the internet during the saving process, that it drops my internet connection quite often. Something must be in conflict with windows 7, because I switch from corel's video editor for the same reason.
Administrator
14.01.10 22:47:31
To: fifthave

Could you please zip and attach your project (.vep4 file) here. Also please follow to the support page for some additional instructions.
We'll do our best to help you resolve this issue.
24.05.10 10:09:33
I have created a 14 minute "project" using the latest AVS Video Editor software. When I try perform the "Save Movie", the process takes hours and never gets past 30%. I have tried to "save" the project to a "file" or DVD with no success. I have dropped down when saving to a "file" to MPEG4 (DivX, XviD), 768 klbps, Audio MP3, 96 kbps. I've also dropped down when saving to a "Disc" to DVD PAL Good Quality (GQ 90/162 min. at DVD/DL DVD Disc). My laptop specs are:
Intel Core 2 Solo CPU 3500 @ 1.40GHz, 4GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit OS. No other programs are running when I am performing the "Save Movie".

Are there any suggestions or tweaks that can resolve this issue....Thanks!
Nat
25.05.10 04:53:04
To: 6010tampa

Do you have the same problem when saving any other projects?

Please specify which files your project consists of, describe your actions when editing your movie step by step.

Prior to saving the movie please launch Task Manager and make a screenshot of the Performance tab at the beginning of saving movie process and a little while before the problem occurs. Attach it here.

Also it would be great if you attached the project file (.vep) here as well. We`d recommend to zip it first.

When the program fails, press Click Here on the error report and make a screen shot of the error page.

Regards
25.05.10 07:29:20
First, I've attached the screen shots you requested.

Here are the steps I took for creating a movie. I took a .VOB file (882MB) and imported it into the AVS4YOUEditor software. From there, I used the “Automatic Find Scenes” to find all the scenes. Next I switched to “Storyboard” to delete “objects” (scenes). The movie was reduced to 14 min. Next, I switched between “Timeline” and “Storyboard” adding transitions and text. Last, I used the “Save Movie” option to convert the project to a AVI file.

I did notice since I downloaded and installed the newest version os AVS4YOUEditor, the “Save Movie” process did finish instead of getting hung at 40%. I also noticed the AVS4YOUEditor process did not utilize 100% of my systems CPU.

One other note. I noticed when I reviewed the properties of the project, (Right clicked on the “Line for Main Movie”) project, it displays information for the .VOB file. (See last screen shot of the attached).

I’m starting to wonder if I do not understand the functions of this software and that I may not have an issue. I had thought that when I imported the .VOB file and reduced the “movie” (I’m assuming it’s the .VPE file) down to 14 minutes, the file I am using in the “Save Movie” IS NOT the .VOB 882MB file. Yet, from the screen shot, it looks like the “Save Movie” process is indeed using the .VOB 882MB file…which is why the process takes 40 minutes. Can you summarize what I might be doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your great support.
Attached files:
25.05.10 14:17:47
Hello Carl.
I'm new to forum , and not brilliant with pc jargon so bear with me if i ask how to do it, with the answer you give me.

I've tried saving a movie in wma format , tried others but not as good in quality, my problem is it brings up this error message every time.

I have recorded the error message that comes on after about 1 hr and a half it is saving the movie in an wma file. The error message on the box is :- micosoft visual c++ run time libary
:

in the box is program c:/ program files avs4you\ avs video editor\avsvideo editor.exe.
I m frustrated as ive spent months trying to get to know the program, now that ive got the hang of it , i was going to purchase it this week.
Please help me sort this out as ive heard nothing yet from support, and its the only video editing program i like that uses mov. files.
Ive tried saving in other formats but the quality is poor , the best is wma file, it takes a lot longer but its worth it.

it just keeps jumping out, i don't know how to do a screen shot sorry!
Ill be gutted if you software doesn't work.
Thanks
John
Nat
26.05.10 06:03:21
To: 6010tampa

So, if I understood you right, the problem did not occur in the latest version of AVS Video Editor.
Concernign your question: if you right click on the main video on the timeline and choose Properties - you will see the properties of the input file used for creating the project (in your case it is .VOB file). The properties of the output file are set when you press the Save Movie... button and choose formt and profile.
In case you are not finished with the video (need to do some more editing) and not ready to save the created video as a video file, but need to close the program (to return to it next time), you can save the video as a project file (go File - Save Project as). Note that project files .vep4 do not contain any video or audio files used in the project, only the information on transitions, effects used and links to those files on your PC.
If you get any problems saving the movie please send us the .vep4 project file.
Regards
25.05.10 12:15:27
Ive been using avs video editor, its the trial version 4.2 im on windows xp nivdia graphics card .
When saving a movie , ive tried all formats but i found wma to be the best.
it keeps coming up with this message..
I have recorded to error message that come on after about 1 hr and a half it is saving the movie in an wma file. The error message on the box is :- micosoft visual c++ runtime libary.
in the box is program c:/ program files avs4you\ avs video editor\avsvideo editor.exe.
I m frustrated as ive spent months trying to get to know your program, now that ive got the hang of it , i was going to purchase it this week.
Please help me sort this out as ive heard nothing yet , and its the only video editing program i like that uses mov. files.
ive tried saving in other formats but the quality is poor , the best is wma file, it takes a lot longer but its worth it.

Ill be gutted if you software doesn't work.Can you help avs cusotmer service is rubbish, i havent even heard of them .
or can anyone recommend another editing program that uses MOV.file
Hope you guys can help.
Nat
26.05.10 06:15:09
To: jdman123

Do you have the same problem when saving any other projects?

jdman123:
I've tried saving a movie in wma format

Do you mean .WMV format? Please also specify the Profile (properties) you select to save the movie to.

Specify also which files your project consists of, describe your actions when editing your movie step by step.

Prior to saving the movie please launch Task Manager and make a screenshot of the Performance tab at the beginning of saving movie process and a little while before the problem occurs. Attach it here.

To make a screenshot, please,
- press PrtScn to copy the screenshot to the clipboard
- open a graphics editing program (e.g. Microsoft Paint, select Start\Run..., enter 'mspaint' and press OK to start it)
- press Ctrl+V to paste the screenshot from the clipboard
- save the image in PNG format
- attach the image file

Also it would be great if you attached the project file (.vep4) here as well.

Regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  364