AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
22.06.09 22:44:52
I purchased this software because of its similarity with ms windows movie maker (mine has a glitch and the program is embedded in the vista os) and im not about to invest in a full os overhaul. The problem I am having at this point is I
cant find pan/zoom (ken burns) effects and with out them slide shows just dont work. Am I blind and stupid and are just hiding from me or they available as an add-on?
I build a lot of slide shows with stills and video combined and am currently building a grad night party for my daughters
entire class so I would very much appreciate help. Thanks in advance,
Alan
Administrator
22.06.09 22:55:08
To: rayson6041@comcast.net

The zoom effect is available in AVS Video Editor under the Transform effects tab. You just need to drag and drop the Zoom icon onto the video effects line (see screenshot). Here you can more information on how to change the effect properties according to your wish.

Best regards
Attached files:
96.99 KB
Experienced User
10.08.09 17:22:06
To: nadin

yes - this works ok
but is very labor intensive
may I suggest a feature that has a RANDOM zoom properties between each slide
some zoom in
some out
and the xy shifts different each time as well

imho
Administrator
10.08.09 22:56:48
To: greggustin

We'll consider implementing pan effects in the next version of the program. Thank you for your notes.

Regards
25.03.10 01:09:04
i didnt find zooming in effect to a frame (getting "in" the image) in the evoloation version. is it came in the fuul ver?
Administrator
26.03.10 00:01:11
To: gabi

Note the posts submitted above.
Please do some search on the forum before posting next time.

Kind regards
27.03.10 19:44:27
To: nadin
Hello: I just explored this zoom operation. I have one observation and one suggestion.

Observation. I had used the trim to cut out some unwanted time in a scene, and put in a transition between them to smooth that change. (The transition was one of the page turns.) I put in a zoom which spanned both trimmed sections and this transition. The X & Y values of the zoom jump during the transition. It looks like the zoom value stays the same, but the zoomed area jumps to the lower left of the full picture for the duration of the transition, and then back to the XY value I want.

Suggestion. I notice that the zoom jumps instantaneously to & from the zoom value. Is it possible to have the zoom "zoom" between initial and final values, taking a second or two to make the change, like the transitions?
Administrator
30.03.10 04:22:57
gdrenkes:
Observation. I had used the trim to cut out some unwanted time in a scene, and put in a transition between them to smooth that change. (The transition was one of the page turns.) I put in a zoom which spanned both trimmed sections and this transition. The X & Y values of the zoom jump during the transition. It looks like the zoom value stays the same, but the zoomed area jumps to the lower left of the full picture for the duration of the transition, and then back to the XY value I want.
This problem has been reported to our developers. Hopefully they will correct this little bug soon.

gdrenkes:
Suggestion. I notice that the zoom jumps instantaneously to & from the zoom value. Is it possible to have the zoom "zoom" between initial and final values, taking a second or two to make the change, like the transitions?
You can apply fade in out areas for the zoom effect in the editing window. Note information provided on the following page.

Regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  129