AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
Administrator
05.03.09 04:50:04
User:
I get the following error message "The conversion with the selected output settings cannot be done. Please change the format parameters or use one of the preset profiles". What should I do?

If you get this error message during to AVI conversion with the following preset: Video: DivX; Audio: MP3, 192 kbps, the problem must be that your external DivX codec settings do not coincide with the ones selected in AVS Video Converter.

Please do the following:
- Check up the resolution of your output file (in Advanced window): most likely it is 1920x1080 (HD resolution).
- If this is the case, open Edit Profile window and click on Advanced button for external video codec settings. Open Main tab and in Certification Profile set 1080HD Profile. Click OK.

After that the file must get converted successfully.

Best regards
Attached files:
05.03.09 04:51:04
I bought the AVS Video Converter 6.2 yesterday. Whn I try to convert WMV of FLV to AVI, I get the following error:
'The conversion with the selected output format settings cannot be done. Please change the format parameters or use one of the preset profiles'.
But this is the AVI preset profile I selected. I have not altered anything. The parameters are:
Video: DivX; Audio:MP3; 192 kbps

I bought the software especially to convert to AVI and need to get this working. Can anyone assist?

Thanks,
Chris
Administrator
16.04.09 23:11:11
To: christammi

Please make use of the solution offered above.

Best regards
04.05.09 16:20:35
hi. i'm tryingfirst to convert from avi to h.264 (psp) and then avi for use on my media pc. i get the same error. using the default preselections in to mp4 and to avi.

it was working fine last nite. converted a tonne of files. then video converter gave me a c++ error, crashed. and all day today i've tried to get it working without any luck. i've reinstalled and updated at least 3 times now.

please help.
Administrator
05.05.09 02:50:20
To: zero2espect

If you get the error "The conversion with the selected output settings cannot be done..." during to AVI conversion, please try using the solution offered in my first post above.

If you get this error during to MP4 conversion, try following the solution in the following thread (post #4749).

Best regards
Administrator
12.05.09 01:04:10
To: bschwartze

Your post has been moved. Please follow this link.
08.01.10 18:37:22
folks when i got to change a flv file to wmv i keep getting this message

The conversion with the selected output format setting cannot be done.
Please change the format parameters or use one of the preset profiles

does it with all the flv files I want to change to wmv
Administrator
09.01.10 04:51:29
To: mauilady

Could you specify which program you are using and its version, output preset and path selected and attach a screenshot of the program interface showing the error.

Thank you in advance
11.01.10 21:23:15
Hi,

I have the same problem,... I am trying to convert an avi file originally created in Cyberlink PowerDirector Version 8 using AVS Converter 6.3 using the Video: DivX; Audio; MP3, 192 kbps profile. When I do choose to start the conversion I get the error saying:

"The conversion with the selected output format settings cannot be done. Please change the format parameters or use one of the preset profiles."

I have used the mpeg2 profile with success, ad also used the HD Video 720p:MPEG4 (DivX, XviD) blah balh blah profile, however my Panasonic PVR XW350 cannot play either of these formats and can only play DivX from the USB. BTW, my PVR can play DivX movies without any problems..

I'm not sure how to generate any log files to attach that has all the details of the file I'm trying to convert. If you could send me some guide on how to do this I'm happpy to generate the log and send it in to you for further investigation.

Attached are screen shot taken from the properties taken out of the details tab from the file I'm trying to convert... (Capture1.jpg and Capture2.jpg)

I also use to use AVS Converter 5.3 on my older PC (I've recently upgraded) and I didn't have this issue so I suspect there is something not right with AVS Converter 6.3...

Any help would be much appretiated...

Kind Regards
Jim
Attached files:
43.99 KB
Administrator
12.01.10 02:38:13
To: JimT

Have you tried using the instruction provided in the first post of this thread? Please do, it must be helpful in your case.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  142