AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
06.05.10 03:24:29
To: aork

Hello,

The error code 12 occurs if there is no enouph free space in output location for output file. It can be also that there is no enouph space on local drive c: where you have temporary directories, so free up it also and try converting again. I hope it helps.

Regards.
08.05.10 15:35:16
To: Vlad

Thanks for the reply. My system drive (Where AVS is installed) should have adequate space. Do you know where the temp files are stored?
12.05.10 05:51:59
To: aork

Hello,

You can find the path to temporary file directory in Settings>Environment option of AVS Video Converter.

And what is your output location? Does it have enough free space?

Also, please inform us about your PC configuration - Operating system, CPU, Ram.

Regards.
01.06.10 17:49:35
Hi all,

1st post here and a nooby with this software so please be gentle.

I'm trying to convert a DVD to an AVI file and it only gets to about 1% complete and I get "Internal Eror Code 12".

I tried about 3 times and each time got the same result.

I updated to the latest version of the programme 6.4.3.419 and tried again, same result.

I've attached the screenshot of the error message, my conversion setup and computer configuration.

Can someone assist with why I am getting this error?
Attached files:
Nat
02.06.10 03:53:02
To: BigBad64

The error code 12 may occur if there is not enough free space on your hardrive either for output file or for temporary files that are created during the convertion process. Please try to change the output file location and the temporary file directory (press the Settings button on the main toolbar of AVS Video Converter - choose Environment option.
Try to convert your file once again and inform about the result.
Regards
22.10.11 18:55:11
ok, I started having the same issue for the last few months and never time to see what might have happened.

Here are the symptoms I faced.
I couldn't convert any format to .flv. I could convert to MP4, to AVI, to SWF but just not to FLV
I tried tweaking with the profile settings in (FLV) tab to make the audio mono from stereo, reducing bit rate... everything but it didnt work.

so, here's what I did
I un-installed all programs on that machine that were installed after I installed AVS, and restarted the machine..
and it works :)

here's what I uninstalled
1. VLC media player
2. PublishtoGAllery addin for my gallery website
3. Mozilla Firefox.(v3.x)

Here's what I re-installed after the issue is fixed

1. Mozilla Firefox (v7)
2. PublishtoGallery add-in
3. Adobe Flash updates.

I think it could be one of the two issues
1. Adobe Flash PLayer not being the latest version
2. VLC player causing some issues with the AVS

Hope this helps someone...
24.10.11 20:49:36
goinguns:
ok, I started having the same issue for the last few months and never time to see what might have happened.

Here are the symptoms I faced.
I couldn't convert any format to .flv. I could convert to MP4, to AVI, to SWF but just not to FLV
I tried tweaking with the profile settings in (FLV) tab to make the audio mono from stereo, reducing bit rate... everything but it didnt work.

so, here's what I did
I un-installed all programs on that machine that were installed after I installed AVS, and restarted the machine..
and it works :)

here's what I uninstalled
1. VLC media player
2. PublishtoGAllery addin for my gallery website
Hope this helps someone...

Believe it or not. I am getting this error again
and I un-installed PublishtoGallery and the error gone... wow
26.10.11 13:46:17
To: goinguns

Hello,

Please make sure that you have the latest version AVS Video Converter 8.1., as the error has been fixed in it.

Please reinstall AVS software using the instructions here.

Best regards.
08.11.12 14:43:05
I am having the same issue. I am converting home movies on mini-dvds to regular. I have 3 of them converted but they all got hung at some point and I had to start over. This one now it has been hung at 56.78 % for overnight and not moving. Any suggestions or what other info might you need to help me?
Administrator
09.11.12 09:11:33
To: albrst

Hello,

Please make sure that you are using the latest version of AVS Video Converter.

If the issue persists, try to provide some additional information on the issue:

- describe your actions step by step and specify the moment the program hangs (attach a screenshot of error message if you receive any);

- attach a screenshot of the program window with conversion options tab open;

- specify whether the problem persits when you convert other files (files of other formats);

- attach a screenshot of your PC configuration: right-click My Computer, choose Properties, make a screenshot of the General tab.

Best regards
Online:
Users:  2  alisawilson, micle jack
Guests:  671