AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
17.10.08 08:15:18
Hi Guys

I am extremely new to this conversion lark of video making and editing to FLV and SWFs.

Thanks to the brilliant software I have managed to produce some basics which I have converted to SWF and Flv Files

However (there always is a however)!!! I would like to put a controller panel on the SWF file (and Flvs) as it loops and short SWFs become menotanous after a few plays.

Can anyone out there in WWW - Land advise how I attach a controller panel to SWFs???

Old Man (well gettin there)

Joe M *SOS*
Dam
Administrator
20.10.08 01:55:44
To: candorweb@googlemail.com

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the nice words about our software.

candorweb@goo...:
I would like to put a controller panel on the SWF file

Frankly speaking I do not know any software of the type, but you can google it.

I'd recommend you to use AVS Video To Flash, that will allow you to create FLV video together with swf player, so it will allow you to set up looping, video size etc...

For the detailed information, please follow this link to AVS Online Help.

Best Regards
lzr
20.10.08 13:54:59
To: Dam

It is a brilliant idea to write one fully controllable swf player (no fli, flv, flc bypassing)
20.10.08 13:55:59
Hi
Anyone can explain these paramenters not explained in the help for the swf object?
1.- so.addParam("wmode", "window"); Options and meaning
2.- so.addParam("scale", "none"); Options and meaning

Also we would like to know if there is anyway to program the object not to start playing until it is buffered for example 2 minutes of the flv video.

Also is any way to disable the links of the menu context to your website? I mean the menu that appears in the object when you right click.

I have read that a new player is on development, any ideas when it will be available and with which new features?
Dam
Administrator
28.11.08 05:28:34
To: felix@itsltduk.com

Hi,

felix@itsltdu...:
1.- so.addParam("wmode", "window"); Options and meaning

wmode - Possible values: window, opaque, transparent. Sets the Window Mode property of the Flash movie for transparency, layering, and positioning in the browser.
window - movie plays in its own rectangular window on a web page.
opaque - the movie hides everything on the page behind it.
transparent - the background of the HTML page shows through all transparent portions of the movie, this may slow animation performance.

felix@itsltdu...:
2.- so.addParam("scale", "none"); Options and meaning

scale - Possible values: showall, noborder, exactfit.
default (Show all) makes the entire movie visible in the specified area without distortion, while maintaining the original aspect ratio of the movie. Borders may appear on two sides of the movie.
noorder scales the movie to fill the specified area, without distortion but possibly with some cropping, while maintaining the original aspect ratio of the movie.
exactfit makes the entire movie visible in the specified area without trying to preserve the original aspect ratio. Distortion may occur.

felix@itsltdu...:
Also we would like to know if there is anyway to program the object not to start playing until it is buffered for example 2 minutes of the flv video.

That is impossible.

felix@itsltdu...:
Also is any way to disable the links of the menu context to your website? I mean the menu that appears in the object when you right click.

That is impossible.

felix@itsltdu...:
I have read that a new player is on development, any ideas when it will be available and with which new features?

I can not tell you the exact date of the release at the moment. As for the new features, we would like to know your suggestions about the program.
03.12.08 00:16:38

My suggestions are:
- More control capability to interact with the player from the page that have it allocated for example: events that can be captured and managed like events when the player has finished or when the user click on stop or play, etc.
- To introduce links inside to move to the next flv file. IF you have a file broken in chapters to offer the link to go to the next one when the curren is finished.
- Or to use playlists
- To wait play until some percentage of the flv file is already loaded.
Dam
Administrator
04.12.08 00:32:11

I see.
I will forward your suggestions to our developers.

Thank you.
04.12.08 03:15:02

One more question

Is any way to place the object in the webpage just with html code (no javascript code). I mean using the html tag <object=...>
We are working in a webpage using AJAX and we want to change the html code of part of this page to insert the flash object but once the page is loaded we can not add any more scripting .

Thanks
Dam
Administrator
04.12.08 06:05:27

As far as I understand, you want to place the player on the page without java script. Unfortunately that is impossible with AVS software, as our built-in player will not work without java script. So, as a solution you can use any other player.

Best Regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  55