AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
01.02.14 02:28:28
95% of the reason I bought this program was for the screen capture function, which does not work. I read your support forums extensively and found no solutions to the problem. The recording is of low quality and produces a highly speeded up result. There is also no permutation of my audio settings that will produce sound on the recording either. I purchased an unlimited license but have not tried the other programs (because it was just the screen capture I was after). But again scoured the forums and no solutions have worked.
Nat
04.02.14 10:28:45
To: Dave0006

Dear user,

In answer to your questions:
Dave0006:
The recording is of low quality

Please specify to what format you save your video in AVS Video Editor and what settings you select.
To get the created video of better quality please try to select the input file parameters like video bitrate, frame rate and frae size to be the same for the output, to do it press the Advanced button after selecting the format. To check the input file parameter right click on the file while in AVS Video Editor - choose Properties.
Dave0006:
highly speeded up result

Please try to record the video to different file formats (AVI, FLV) - you can do it in Screen Capture settings window.
Please also avoid using full screen mode, do you get any problems when used in a non full screen mode?
Dave0006:
There is also no permutation of my audio settings that will produce sound on the recording either

Please make sure you have chosen the necessary audio device in AVS Screen Capture settings window, after that try to follow the recommendations below:
If you have Windows XP - go Control Panel - Sounds and Audio Devices - the Audio tab - Sound Recording option - press the Volume button - in the new opened window choose Options - Properties - you need to choose (make a click) on all the devices shown on that window to make recording possible.
If you have Windows Vista - go Control Panel - Sounds - Recording tab and make a screenshot. Then Right click on that window - check the option Show Disabled Devices, Show Disconnected devices. If you will see new devices in the list after that please right click on them and choose Enable.
If you have Windows 7 - please do the same steps indicated for Windows Vista. You can find the Recording tab by following Control Panel - Hardware and Sound - in Sound - Manage Audio Devices.
If after enabling the devices you still have no sound please send us the screenshot of the Recording tab.

Inform about the result please.

Kind regards
17.04.14 15:43:50
This is version 6.5, I am still having this problem... the video plays way too fast for the audio. Is there a way for me to split the audio off the video and slow it down some?
Nat
22.04.14 12:16:33
To: fevetts

Dear user,

We are sorry for any inconvenices caused, but for now the problem can not be resolved.

Please try to record the video to different file formats (AVI, FLV) - you can do it in Screen Capture settings window.

Please also avoid using full screen mode.

Thank you for cooperation and understanding.

Kind regards
09.08.14 16:45:28
By the way, there are lots of video converters out there. Just make sure to pick a good one.
11.08.14 09:40:05
To: mikewashtm

Dear User,

If you have met any difficulties while working with AVS software or have not found the necessary features we invite you to contact us and describe the problem. We will do our best to find a solution for you.

The online help on our programs can be found under this link.

We are always happy to assist you.

Best regards.
31.03.15 23:01:50
OK I"m pulling my hair our on this screen capture thing.

AVS will not capture at the same speed and we view it. It records too fast.

I see a lot of posts going back over 3 years. Has this been addressed yet and waht is the work around

Using Windows 7
Nat
03.04.15 12:02:15
To: dcr@zbzoom.net

Dear user,

Unfortunately for now the problem is not resolved.

For now to avoid the issue please try to use some other file format for recording (e.g. FLV or AVI) and do not use full screen mode.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
02.06.15 07:00:16
To: Nat

I have been frustrated buy this issue myself and am disheartened to learn that no solution has yet been found.

I would like to propose, for the consideration of the developers, a possible solution:

The addition of post-possessing options including the ability to adjust the speed of the video relative to the audio and the start time of the video relative to the audio would allow a user to manually correct any synchronization errors that occur during or after a screen capture.
Nat
02.06.15 07:28:45
To: ThePalePony

Dear user,

Thank you for the suggestions, I will surely pass it over to our developers.

Kind regards
26.07.16 03:46:45
I need some help. When I record a video using the screen capture, the video becomes really fast but the audio stays normal. The video looks like it is being fast forwarded but the audio stays at a normal speed. How do I fix this????
Nat
26.07.16 09:19:09
To: AnujDave

Dear user,

For now to avoid the issue please try to use some other file format for recording (e.g. FLV or AVI) and do not use full screen mode.

Kind regards
30.11.16 14:46:23
Is this problem still not solved? Since 2010??? We just bought 10 licences to create Screencapture Tutorials in our company and now we have an audio delay!? How can we fix this? In 6 years of development there must be an solution!?
Nat
01.12.16 07:33:58
To: metrohm

Dear user,

Please try to update the drivers of your video card and change the output file format to avoid the issue.

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards
27.03.17 07:58:37

Oh my god...
I just sat yesterday trying to rip an old VHS camcorder recording and had the exact same experience. It playes fine, the ripping process said it created the mp4 video just fine. But when playes back on PC, audio was fine and video ran at lightning speed.

Reading this thread, it would seem to me that I should not be surprised at the haunting feeling I get now, that AVS4You have no clue on what is going on in their "own" software? Your programmers are simply not able to figure out why so many would have these problems with your ripping/capture process being *so* inept at ensuring sound/image synchronization!?
Is AVS4You si mply created by a patchwork of OpenSource tools, and the guy who did the compilation/selection of tools left your company, so there are now only marketing slots left? And support staff to auto-reply "rest asured that our developers are working on the issue". Why don't you sit down and analyze what's causing the error, and then create a sort of testfunction that prevents user from selecting settings that would cause the problem in the first place. Or start by hiring someone that is able to figure out the problem in the very very very first place ;)

And.... when you figure out why it is happening - you can sell the solution for BIG MONEY to companies like VSDC, because they obviously have the same useless bunch of OpenSource tools for capturing/ripping :P

Grumpy regards from an otherwise contend user of AVS4You
Nat
27.03.17 12:00:29
To: ryberg

Dear user,

Please try to provide some additional information about the issue so we could assist you:
- specify the program you use to rip old VHS,
- describe your actions step by step,
- specify the name of the device you use to capture video.

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards
27.03.17 12:35:17

It really doesn't matter.
You've spent the last 7 years dodging this problems fix.

Your only "solution" is to
1. "Not use fullscreen" and/or
2. Rip til FLV/AVI in stead.

That's basically the same as saying
"Heck, we don't really know what causes this, in our "own developed" software.
It's too bad that you can't explain what we do wrong to make your software fail completely, and several of the "free editor" actually also lack this basic understanding of their own solution in this "capture/rip" area.

Trying to answer your questions seems an utter waste of everyones time. You should go fix it - you had 7 years worth of reports and claim to have had your developers working hard on fixing it. Have you?

I'm thinking that you aren't really a person but simply a bot uttering the clever responses designed to cover up the hidden fact of incometence in this field.

However - the other parts of the software works grrreat, did I say that?

My rant has ended, you may pass it to all other free-video-editor-software-companies :P

I will try to rip to FLV/AVI and convert afterwards in better performing tools.
Developer
27.03.17 17:50:09
To: ryberg

Screen capture to video is a complex process. It depends on the hardware and software PC configuration (motherboard, CPU, GPU, RAM, drivers, system resources, etc.). We have a problem of fast speed only on some configurations. The screen capture and conversion to AVI/FLV/WMV is performed in real time - on the fly, not post-processing. Depending on the PC configuration and on the loading of the system resources, the problem may occur. Recording to AVI format with uncompressed data usually (but not always) helps to avoid that problem, but in this case the video file takes up a lot of space on the disk.

ryberg, you said that you ripped an old VHS camcorder recording and got an mp4 video. It is strange, because it is not "screen capture", but "video capture". And AVS Screen Capture does not create MP4 video files - only AVI, FLV and WMV. And AVS Video Recorder does not create MP4 video files - only AVI, DV, MPG. Something is wrong. Please, specify which program you are using: AVS Screen Capture or AVS Video Recorder. And if it's about the program AVS Video Recorder, then a lot depends on the capture device - please, specify the device model.
14.03.20 19:42:39
Hello, I am having this issue in 2020. I just bought the software so it should be the latest and have updated my drivers. Has this issue been solved?
19.03.20 12:18:53
To: Giomess

Dear user,

To avoid the issue please try to use some other file format for recording (e.g. FLV or AVI) and do not use full screen mode.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  335