AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
22.07.09 17:19:30
Hi.

I have just bought this software just over a week ago, and i am already frustrated.

The preview is very very choopy, the sad thing is When i put the same footage in windows movie maker its fine.

i have installed and reinstalled, i have a quadcore PC, i also downloaded the free version to a normal dualcore and it has the same problems.

I have had no response from VLAD on the help desk on the help desk in days.
Dam
Administrator
24.07.09 00:35:58
To: jmagicuk

Hello,

Sorry indeed for the inconvenience occurred, bur as far as I know, Vlad already responsed you. Please check your account.

Best Regards
24.07.09 09:02:40
To: Dam

I now am waiting for a response on the refund because it cant be solved ?
Support Manager
24.07.09 12:00:15
To: jmagicuk

I can assure you he will contact you as soon as possible.
That's strongly recommended to contact avs people concerning license/payment issues via avs4you support system only.
11.08.09 19:53:42
I have the same problem any solution to the problem.
Administrator
12.08.09 05:13:53
To: kayaker72

This problem has also been discussed in the following thread. Note the comments given there.

Unfortunately, problems as regards to playback of HD files in AVS Video Editor might really persist, as the preview player requires sufficient system resources. Our developers are currently working on this problem trying to improve the program efficiency for good.

However, the problem might be that your PC is not powerful enough to play HD files in AVS Video Editor. So could you please provide the detailed information on your PC system: processor, RAM, video card etc.

Best regards
12.08.09 05:14:53
Hi

The playback of .m2ts files in AVS Video Editor are really jerky/slow/unsynced audio etc
So i have been converting them into other files (AVI, or MPEG) to use in Video Editor but the quality is really poor and quite pixel-looking...

The HD Writer AE Video Editor playsback .m2ts files fine so i assume the computer is up to it. This editor also converts them to MPEG files which also plays them fine (but look quite blurry) in HD Writer AE. In AVS Video Editor the converted mpeg files playback fine but still looks pixely?!

Any help appreciated...
12.08.09 05:15:53
Oh, BTW

Here is my Spec...

Dell Inspiron 1520
Windows Vista Home Basic SP2 32bit
Intel Celeron 540@1.86GHz
4GB of Ram

I have installed various codec packages but nothing has made much difference, the one installed at the moment is: Shark 007 codecs.
Administrator
20.08.09 22:34:09
To: drummingman

Do you use the latest version of AVS Video Editor (4.2.1.165)?

Could you please send us a small m2ts file which is previewed jerky in the program, so that we could do some testing. I will contact you on the support page.

Best regards
30.08.09 12:02:07
:-D
I have good news for some...
Its done my head in trying to sort out video editing in Avs Video editor..
Like the above I have had endless trouble with choppy video's which makes it virtual impossible to edit any movie.
Out of pure frustration I have started to experiment !!!!
with very good results....
First let me tell you my computer's hardware....

Home comp

Vista rating for my comp 4.3

now the detail's of hardware.....

=========================================================
Motherboard
Motherboard manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
Motherboard product: P5N32-SLI PREMIUM
Motherboard version: 1.XX
Motherboard serial number: 123456789000
BIOS
BIOS vendor: Phoenix Technologies, LTD
BIOS version: ASUS P5N32-SLI PREMIUM ACPI BIOS Revision 0401
BIOS date: 09/20/2006

System manufacturer: System manufacturer
System product name: System Product Name
System enclosure manufacturer: Chassis Manufacture
Processor
Number of cores: 2
Family: 6
Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
Version: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz
Voltage:
External clock frequency:
Processor clock frequency: 2399 MHz

memory
Installed memory: 1.5 Gb
Available memory: 171 Mb
Used memory: 88%

Memory slot: DIMM_A1
Memory slot maximum size: no memory installed
Memory slot form-factor: DIMM
Memory slot speed: unknown

Memory slot: DIMM_A2
Memory slot maximum size: no memory installed
Memory slot speed: unknown

Memory slot: DIMM_B1
Memory slot maximum size: 1024 Mb
Memory slot speed: 533 MHz

Memory slot: DIMM_B2
Memory slot maximum size: 512 Mb
Memory slot speed: 533 MHz
Video

Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc
Processor: ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series
DAC type:
Video memory: 1 Gb
Model: ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series
BIOS string:

Codecs
Audio codecs: Microsoft IMA ADPCM CODEC
Microsoft CCITT G.711 A-Law and u-Law CODEC
Microsoft GSM 6.10 Audio CODEC
Microsoft ADPCM CODEC
Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec (decode only)
Microsoft PCM Converter

Video codecs: MS-RLE
MS-CRAM
MS-YUV
MS-YUV
MS-YUV
IYUV codec
IYUV codec
Toshiba YUV411
Cinepak Codec

Version: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz

TAKE NOTE OF SPEED..........

any way I converted my MOV,WMV FILES...THEY WERE ALL IN HD TO START WITH...

EXPERIMENTED WITH IN AVS VIDEO CONVERTER...TO AS FOLLOWS

AVI..........HD 720 MPEG4(DIVX XVID)...29.97FPS..

RESULT...MY VIDEO@S NOW PLAY 98% UN CHOPPEY

*SUPER*
Like I say take note of my procceser....
30.08.09 12:04:02
any question's i will glady answer...but at present so long as I convert my HD vids into AVI HD 29.97 fps...they work
15.11.09 01:18:55
Can anyone explain why a cheap, high definition camcorder like the Toshiba Camileo S10 can play 1080p videos through HDMI to a TV without a stutter, yet my 3.2 GHz PC with 2GB memory plays the same files jerkily no matter what is used to play them? In each case they are on the same SDHC card and even on copy to a hard disk drive they are still jerky.
Administrator
18.11.09 04:53:18
To: wrong email

Have you tried using AVS Media Player to play your files?
Are you using the latest version of AVS Video Editor?

If the problem persists when you edit files using our newest software, please send us an example of the original file for testing. I'll contact you per e-mail.

Best regards
05.02.10 11:36:53
Greetings all,

I'm having problems with the video preview playback being extremely choppy. The output files play just fine but the preview itself is so choppy it's unusable. This is basically making it impossible to edit video since I can't preview my work until I export the final movie.

My system:
AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core
3 gb RAM
Windows Vista
Sony HD Camcorder shooting AVCHD (.mts) files at 1920x1080

I tried setting preview quality to low but this didn't help.

Any suggestions? Thanks,

Josh
Administrator
08.02.10 06:36:29
To: joshuacripps

Please note my previous post. I will also send the uploading instructions to your email address.
08.02.10 10:39:03
To: nadin

Hi Nadin,

Thanks for getting back to me. I see that the latest version of video editor is 4.2.1.166. The version I have installed claims to be 4.2.1.167. Is this normal?

On the subject of AVS media player, can that be used to preview the movie made in Video Editor? My raw .mts files can be played smoothly using Splash Lite Media Player. They only become choppy when I'm trying to preview them in Video Editor. This is where I need playback to be smooth so that I can verify that my clips are trimmed and edited correctly.

I uploaded a sample .mts file to your ftp server. "JoshuaCrippsAVSVideoEditorSampleFile.MTS"

Thanks,

Josh
Administrator
11.02.10 05:23:51
To: joshuacripps

This problem will be corrected in the next version of AVS Video Editor we are planning to release in spring. In the new version preconversion of HD files will be implemented, so that on preview you will be able to view files preconverted in lower quality, but save from the original high definition video.

What you can do at the moment, is convert your file to a lower quality preset and only then edit the videos in AVS Video Editor, but this will reduce the quality, unfortunately.

Regards
17.02.10 16:57:39
To: nadin

Ok. Good to know you guys have a fix in the works. Sounds like a good one too, since during preview the video quality doesn't need to be great; it just needs to be smooth so that clips can be trimmed correctly with good audio and transition timing.

I assume that the new version will be covered under the $59 unlimited license I already paid?

Lastly, do you have a release date planned for this new version?

Thanks much,

Josh
Administrator
18.02.10 01:08:21
joshuacripps:
I assume that the new version will be covered under the $59 unlimited license I already paid?
Note that purchase and activation questions are not discussed on the forum, according to the rules. To learn more about our model of sales, please read the following post under the F.A.Q section.

joshuacripps:
Lastly, do you have a release date planned for this new version?
The deadline is not fixed yet. As soon as the new version is available, we'll drop a note in News/Annoucements.

Best regards
25.06.09 13:54:43
Hi

I'm using AVS Video Editor to edit MP4 (mpeg4) AVC HD video 1280x720. This is video recorded on a Sony T500 camera.

I've loaded the cccp codec pack, which includes the relevant h.264 AVC codec (using libavcodec).

Windows media player plays the files perfectly. Zoom player (comes with the cccp codec pack) plays perfectly.

However, when playing video on the timeline, the preview window video is really poor - as if it can't keep up. It's not unusable (but close), and not nice and smooth. I've tried all 3 settings in the preferences for high/medium/low quality, with no real difference. The video created once you save the video is fine. In fact, all is well except for the video preview.

I've done some tests to try fix things:

I installed the AVS Media player but it doesn't playback well (again it judders the video as if it can't keep up with decode - not a lot, but not smooth video as you'd expect, and as you get from wmp and zoom).

I've tried the k-lite codec pack instead of the cccp codec (seen that in a post on this forum somewhere) but no difference.

I've tried other video formats (mpeg2 at about 4 mbits) which previews ok. It's just the mp4 h.264 avc files that struggle.

I've ensured that my video display is set to 32bit (not 16bit) - again seen in a post here somewhere.

Files are stored locally - not network involved.

I don't think that either avs video editor or avs media player is using the installed codec at all. It's as if the video codec is built-in. Can I force AVS video editor to use the cccp codec (which I know works great)?

Can anyone tell me how the video in the preview window is decoded, and what I can do to fix the choppy blayback?

Please please help - it's driving me insane. I'm moments away from getting a apple mac power book with final cut express, such is the frustration :-)

I've attached a couple of sample videos.

Thanks in advance.
Marco
Attached files:
4663.13 KB
7044.25 KB
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  108