AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
23.03.11 02:49:31
To: bobdu

Hello,

I'm sorry to say, that we cannot fix the problem right now, it will be corrected in the next version of AVS Video Converter.

Regards.
23.03.11 05:49:58
To: Vlad

OK, thank you for trying*SUPER*
gah
07.08.11 08:04:05

Maybe AVS4You should remove advertise that file can be converted to dpg (for Nintendo DS).
10.08.11 04:55:19
To: gah

Do you also have problems with sound converting to DPG?
30.10.11 08:12:55
I know this is from a long time ago but I thought I would just tell you how I fixed the problem of the sound that wasn't compatible with AVS Video Converter.

First I extracted the sound in .wav format using a Virtual Dub program that works with mpegs. I then used TMPGEnc DVD Author to join the .wav to the video file. So I made the same file but with a more user friendly sound format which works in AVS.

I was then able to convert using AVS to remove the black lines. But not to a .dpg file. I either converted to avi or mpeg (it was a while ago).

Then I converted this file to .dpg using a BatchDPG program.

AVS Video Converter is superb at normal file converting but sometimes you need to improvise when special instances occur.
31.10.11 09:20:20

That's valuable experience.:-) Thank you for sharing it. I think it will be useful for others.
30.08.11 14:54:01
I'm using AVS Video converter for .ifo, .vob files. The video converts, but it's not picking up the audio. The files came from a Canon camcorder, copied to DVD+RW disk on a Sony DVD Recorder and then copied from the disk to my hard drive. We have to do this because we are not allowed to place a thumb drive or any type of compact flash, SD Card, etc., into our hard drive. We have to copy to disk first. Anyway, can you tell me what my problem is with the audio not converting over? I have tried to convert both the VIDEO_TS.IFO, and the VTS_01_1.VOB. They both convert to .wmv, but without the sound. I tried to convert to .avi, but couldn't get video or audio on it to play on Windows Media Player.
31.08.11 11:19:10
To: pamela.k.barrett4.civ@mail.mil

Hello,

Seems that our software does not recognize audio track from your DVD. Could you please upload DVD files to our ftp-server, so that we could test them? The instructions will be given to you in our support system.

Best regards.
26.09.11 21:15:01
I uploaded the video to FTP - Pamela Barrett. Have seen no reply on this forum. Please advise. Thanks. Pam
28.09.11 12:11:48
To: pamela.k.barrett4.civ@mail.mil

Dear Pam,

I've responded to you in our support system. Could you please provide the information requested?

I asked you to make sure that you have the latest version AVS Video Editor 6.0 and specify which settings you select when save to WMV format.

Best regards.
08.03.09 22:52:08
Hi, I tried to use your AVS Video Converter and Editor, but the sound in my video wasn't being converted with the video. I can play the original video (in MOV) on my computer (Windows) and the sound works. But, when I go to use it in the editor or converter, there is no longer sound. The strange thing is that my programs have worked before with converting and editing video. I've already checked to see if it is on mute, and it is not. I went in my program files, and AVS4YOU has a folder that says Output, then Audio. The audio folder has nothing in it (but the video folder does). Also, I've already updated all my AVS4YOU programs. What should I do?
Administrator
11.03.09 04:39:44
cposeria:
But, when I go to use it in the editor or converter, there is no longer sound.

Do you mean, there is no sound when you preview the file? Does this happen with one particular file/files with the same extension/all the files? Or does the sound disappear after the conversion, but can be heard when you preview the file in the program? Please specify the preset you have chosen when converting the file and upload it to our FTP server for testing. The instruction will be sent to you shortly.

Regards
08.04.09 13:49:29
I am having trouble with the AVS Video Converter 6.
The movie file plays fine until I convert it to burn to DVD and then I get just video and no audio.
I have made several attempts at this (read: hours wasted) but to no avail. The last DVD had sound while showing the menu but as soon as I select "play" the sound disappears.
I opened the converted file in Editor 4 and the preview mode has sound.
I opened the converted file in AVS DVD Copy and the preview mode has sound.
What's going on?
Administrator
09.04.09 00:28:51
To: livn4christ

Please could you specify when exactly the sound disappears, as it is not really clear from your post:
1. when you open the source file in AVS Video Converter and play it in a preview window,
2. after conversion, when you playback the DVD video saved on your hard disc (select VIDEO_TS.IFO file to playback the movie),
3. after the disc is burnt, when you playback the disc on your PC,
4. when you playback the same disc in a DVD player?

Hope to hear from you soon
09.04.09 06:36:02
To: nadin

Numbers 3 and 4 in your reply.
10.04.09 18:08:22
livn4christ:
To: nadin

Numbers 3 and 4 in your reply.

3. after the disc is burnt, when you playback the disc on your PC,
4. when you playback the same disc in a DVD player?

Hope to hear from you soon
Administrator
14.04.09 01:26:29
To: livn4christ

Please could you copy the DVD from the disc to your computer and try to playback the movie from there. What is the result?
Also try converting your source file to DVD without a menu and specify whether there is sound when you playback the movie from the disc on your PC / in a player.

This information is required to find out what is causing this problem.

Thank you in advance
19.04.09 18:05:18
HI I'm using converter 6 to burn Dvd's and I'm getting no audio. I'm very new at this and don't understand alot of whats going on. I'm getting a beautiful picture but no sound when I play in in my dvd player. There is sound when I preview it in the convertver and on my hard drive but not on the disc. Also when I (select video_TS.IFO) it doesn't show me that it says( DVD IFO) and there are no pull down boxes in the advanced options for video format and audio format. and my edit proflie button never give me the option to use. I'm so clueless! I've been over the help section alot and still can't figure it out I hope you can help me really eager to learn GINA
Administrator
21.04.09 01:58:41
gina stephens:
I'm getting a beautiful picture but no sound when I play in in my dvd player.
Please try to playback the disc on your PC. What is the result?

gina stephens:
Also when I (select video_TS.IFO) it doesn't show me that it says( DVD IFO)
Could you specify what exactly you mean. VIDEO_TS.IFO contains all the information on the movie. In case you would like to playback DVD, please double-click this file. In order to convert DVD, you need to import this file into AVS Video Converter.

gina stephens:
there are no pull down boxes in the advanced options for video format and audio format. and my edit proflie button never give me the option to use.
Output format settings cannot be changed when converting to DVD. Edit Profile option is disabled. The only thing you can change is the quality and size of the output video (in Profile field).

Best regards
21.04.09 13:25:39
nadin:
Please try to playback the disc on your PC. What is the result?

nadine its playing fine on my PC. It seems to be playing fine everywhere else but in my dvd player?

nadin:
Could you specify what exactly you mean. VIDEO_TS.IFO contains all the information on the movie. In case you would like to playback DVD, please double-click this file. In order to convert DVD, you need to import this file into AVS Video Converter.

Yes. when I'm importing in to the converter it dosn't show me (Video_TS.IFO) it shows me (DVD IFO)dose that make a differenance?
Online:
Users:  1  Helga
Guests:  501