AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
17.06.10 11:55:50
To: glenn@2ndstage.biz

Hello,

As far as I know our support manager Maria has already been working with you on the issue in our support system. Please follow her advices to find the solution.

Regards.

To: HiTechKoke

Thank you for the file provided. You were right there is the problem with this particular mov file.
Our developers are currently working on the problem and as soon as there are any news, I'll get back to you asap. Please wait.
08.07.10 02:37:02
Hello,

I'm using Video Editor 4.2.1.188.
When I'm simply editing movies, the program worked just fine, apart from a couple of times that it had crashed.
Though, when I use "Save Movie", it crashes every time. I noticed that if I choose lower resolution it works longer, but eventually it stops as well.

I read a couple of other posts here in the forum and I tried reinstalling (with deleting the registry), but it didn't work as well.

Is my computer not good enough maybe?
What else can be done?

Thanks
Y.
Nat
08.07.10 06:04:03
To: yonatansheftel

Does the problem occur with every project you save as a movie file?

Specify please to what format you save the video to and what settings you select. Can you successfully save the video to some of the formats available?

Try to use single-thread building process: press Ctrl + Alt + Delete at a time and choose Task Manager - find AVS Video Editor in Processes tab - right click on it and press Set Affinity... please select only one CPU and try to use AVS Video Editor once again.

Inform please about the result.

Regards
08.07.10 11:27:15
I am having the exact same problem when trying to save a movie in video editor 4.2.1.188. I am trying to trim a section of the video off. When I hit save movie in crashes at anywhere from 0.7% to 10%. Just recently upgraded to Vist 64 bit machine. Editor was working fine for awhile however converter wasnt. Initiall install was done with Installpack download. Downloaded & updated converter. Now converter is ok & editor crashes. Did complete uninstalll & re-install with same problems. Even tried uninstall then cleaned registry of key "AVS". Editor still crashes when save movie. ANything else I need to try?

Tks
Nat
08.07.10 23:08:47
To: dtdhill

Please inform what format you save the video to and what settings you select? Can you successfully save the video to some of the formats available?

Specify the origin of the input file, its format and if it can be viewed on your PC players without any problems. Do you get any problems with other files of the same and other format?

Regards
09.07.10 15:48:32
To: Nat

Thank you for your response. The original is a .vob file. It plays in windows media player. I have it saved on the desktop. I trim half of the movie out and save file. I choose File then DVD NTSC High Quality with all the defaults. I uncheck enable DVD menu and that is it. Everything was fine until I updated the video converter software. Attached is the error I get. I got a response from Xenia this morning and provided the same file.

Thanks for your help.
Attached files:
211.35 KB
Nat
12.07.10 02:49:33
To: dtdhill

Your question has been answered in AVS4YOU Support System.
Please use your e-mail address and password to track the answers.
Regards
12.07.10 10:50:03
The video editor has not being able to function fully without bringing a message of error. From what I have seen from your forum and my experience, I can see that the program does not work. Please arrange refund.
12.07.10 10:57:36
The original is a .vob file. It plays in windows media player. I trim half of the movie out and save file. I choose File then DVD PAL High Quality with all the defaults. I uncheck enable DVD menu and that is it. It crashed after that. There after it will not even allow the file to open in the edit area. over 60 hours of work no results
Nat
14.07.10 00:44:58
To: winners

Your question has been answered in AVS4YOU Support System.
Please use your e-mail and password to log in and track the answers.
Regards
31.07.10 10:22:45
To: Nat

HELP Please!!

I purchased the video editor last summer a year ago and have been working on a project using this product. I am now ready to convert the project into an avi or mpeg file, but the program always crashes before it gets to 1% completion on any of these options.

A popup comes up and says that the program has an abnormal program termination. It says abnormal program termination c++ runtime library and then makes the program crash.

I just renewed my program because it was about to expire. I don't want to uninstall the program and then reinstall it becuase I am afraid that the project I was working on will be erased. I f i have to reinstall the programs, do I need to reinstall ALL my avs programs? I really don't want this project on video editor to be erased and I saved it to my desktop as a vep4. Please let me know what to do.

I have a PC Windows XP.
31.07.10 10:25:25
To: ecz4

Forgot to add that I have used this program succesfully before, but now it just keeps crashing. Please let me know how to fix it!
02.08.10 02:20:19

Hello,

To avoid the problem please completely uninstall AVS4YOU software from your PC. Instructions below:

1. Go Start > All Programs > AVS4YOU > Uninstall.

2. Go Start > Run... > Type regedit in the opened window and click Ok. In the opened Registry Editor window please find and delete all AVS4YOU folders:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > AVS4YOU (delete it).

HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > AVS4YOU (delete it).

3. Go Local Disc (C:) > Program Files > AVS4YOU (delete it).

Go Local Disc (C:) > Program Files > Common Files> AVSMedia (delete it).

Go Local Disc (C:)>> ProgramData\AVS4YOU (delete it).

Download the latest version of AVS Video Editor from this link.

Now install the program on your PC anew and try saving your project again.

I hope it helps.

Regards.
02.08.10 16:06:01
To: Vlad

Will doing this erase the vep4 project that I have been working on? I have the project saved to the desktop, but I 'm not sure if uninstalling the program will get rid of all me audio and video downloads in to the program.

Thanks.
03.08.10 03:18:24

If you saved your project as vep4 file it will not be erased during installation. Don't worry about it.
28.08.10 08:54:09

I have done your suggested way to solve the problem, but it don't works. The Video Editor crashes during the build process. I tried different output-formats with the same result: The Build-Process stops after 3 - 4 % with a general windows program error message.

I have a Win7 Prof x64 system with a Core i7 920 processor.

Do you have another solution?

Greetings
30.08.10 04:03:14
To: mysteryboard

Hello,

First of all please make sure that you have the latest version AVS Video Editor 5.1.

If it does not help, please give more details about the problem:

- specify the format and size of your source files for the project;

- do you have this problem with one certain project or with any project?

Regards.
31.08.10 01:10:39

Hello,

I'm using the newest version of the Video Editor. My project has a TS-Format (a recorded movie with the program DVBViewer). The size is 4 GB. For the build process I used the default output formats for a mpeg-file.

Can you help me?

Greetings

Michael
31.08.10 01:11:46
mysteryboard:

Hello,

I'm using the newest version of the Video Editor. My project has a TS-Format (a recorded movie with the program DVBViewer). The size is 4 GB. For the build process I used the default output formats for a mpeg-file. I Have the problem with any other projects.

Can you help me?

Greetings

Michael
02.09.10 02:41:17
To: mysteryboard

Dear Michael,

Sorry for the delay and thanks for the info.

As far as I know our support manager Tanya has been working with you on this issue in our support system. Please use the solutions she offers to solve the problem.

Best regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  52