AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
05.07.11 12:14:14
Hello

I am trying to convert MOV to FLV. I started with AVS Video Converter 6, and got an error about ACM codec. I read on forums then upgraded to AVS Video Converter 7, "The specified file contains no video data"

Upgraded to 8, and I get the same error.

What can I do to convert this MOV file?

Thank you.
06.07.11 04:19:48
To: LCLC

>Upgraded to 8, and I get the same error.

Which one, acm codec is not installed or the specified file contains no video data? If the first, could you please specify which exact codec is missing?
06.07.11 07:53:24
To: Vlad

No, "The Specified file contains no video data" is the error I get with AVS Video Converter 8
07.07.11 00:25:16

Could you please open your mov file in quick time player and make a screenshot of its properties - Quick Time Player>Window>Show Movie Inspector.

Attach the screenshot to your message, so that we could see which codec is used in mov file.

Regards.
07.07.11 10:17:11
To: Vlad

Hi Vlad, here is the info. It says Apple Intermediate Codec. It was created via export from FCE (an old version).
Attached files:
12.07.11 00:31:24

Hello,

Sorry for the late response and thank you for the screenshot.

Unfortunately, Apple Intermediate Codec is not supported by and file with it cannot be converted in AVS Video Converter. We are sorry if it may be of any inconvenience.

Best regards.
14.07.11 06:38:45
since my software upgrade i can no longer convert a video file (.flv or .mp4) to an audio format. any suggestions?
20.07.11 06:06:23
To: seymtlqc

Hello,

In order to solve this problem please repair AVS files:

1. Close all AVS programs and other running applications.

2. Follow Start > All Programs > AVS4YOU > Repair.

If some of the .dlls are not registered, please make a screenshot of the Repair window showing those files and send it to us.

If it does not solve the issue, please give more details. Do you have this problem with some certain flv or mp4 files or any files?

Best regards.
10.11.11 01:37:02
Trying to convert a .drg to a mp4 when I choose the file to convert it tells me file format error. Whats going on?
13.11.11 19:51:15
To: Jimmay

Hello,

Unfortunately, drg file format is not supported by our software. Please see the list of supported video formats following this link.

Best regards.
19.12.11 20:30:05
I am trying to take a video off a cd and put it on my computer. It hasn't been working so I thought AVS would help me convert it to another type of format and therefore let me put it on my computer. What am I doing wrong?
19.12.11 20:33:48
P.S. I already checked to see if .mov is compatible with AVS 8.1 and it says it is but it still won't let me convert!
21.12.11 19:56:52
To: Katie

Could you please give the details about the problem.

What kind of CD are you trying to convert? Do you have mov files on it? Which error message do you get?

Please describe your actions step by step and specify what goes wrong exactly.

Regards.
04.01.12 15:29:45
nadin:
To: BigDogYL

You will be contacted on the support page with the appropriate instruction.

Best regards

Why can't we all see the answer to this? This was a post two years ago, and I'm having this same problem two years later. Obviously this is a real problem that your company is apparently either ignoring or unable to deal with.
04.01.12 15:42:02
I would like to hereby respectfully submit that the reason that some MOV files are not opening for various people is because of AVS not willing or unable to pay for the proper licensing fees for certain CODECS. I have been taking problematic MOV files that will NOT open in either the Editor or the Converter, and successfully opening them in MPEG Streamclip (a free program!), "converting" them into MOV files and then they will import into the Editor. I don't have the time, or the patience, to test all the different CODECS that Streamclip can convert into (for MOV files there 11 different Apple-based codecs alone), but obviously this is a CODEC problem of some sort.

However, and this is a very big however, in my own experience, MOV files that were shot with the same camera (just a digital still camera with video capability), and some open and some do not. This only adds to the question, of course.

The Editor still is worth $59 (thankful for the sale) but had I paid the regular price, I'd be alot more upset with this.

PS: I have NO repair program, but I doubt very much that it would solve the problem if I did.
05.01.12 10:05:25
jiminy cricket:

Why can't we all see the answer to this? This was a post two years ago, and I'm having this same problem two years later. Obviously this is a real problem that your company is apparently either ignoring or unable to deal with.

Hello,

Actually, some solution are offered indivudually as they work only for particular files, and using the solution for other files may cause conflicts in the program.

You can find Repairing.exe utility in the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX on your computer. If you don't have it, that means that the program was not installed correctly.

Best regards.

P.S. By the way, do you have mac or windows version of MPEG Streamclip?
05.01.12 13:35:17
Vlad:
jiminy cricket:

Hello,

Actually, some solution are offered indivudually as they work only for particular files, and using the solution for other files may cause conflicts in the program.

You can find Repairing.exe utility in the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX on your computer. If you don't have it, that means that the program was not installed correctly.

Best regards.

P.S. By the way, do you have mac or windows version of MPEG Streamclip?

Both, but all of this in question is on my Windows computer.
As for the repair file, please tell your email support person, Gala, where it is located. This is where she told me to find it:

So, now that I've found it, I ran it and all DLL's were successful, save for one:
AVSMobileDevice2ActiveSync.dll
Which I didn't install because I have no mobile devices that I need to sync or connect, so that is immaterial.

So, the ball is back to you.
Again, it is my opinion that this is a licensing question that AVS will, apparently, not admit to. Otherwise, how do you explain my being able to open up MOV files that I've "converted" (in quotes because I'm converting MOV to MOV and simply regenerating it.) I should say that I'm not sure what Codec the original MOV files were shot on. The camera in question has bit the dust and I am not sure how to judge this from the file itself.

Just to be clear MOST but NOT ALL my MOV files will NOT open either in your editor or your converter, as is. However, SOME of them will, altho at this point I can't find any rhyme or reason to that or give you any percentage.
05.01.12 13:59:30
jiminy cricket:

As for the repair file, please tell your email support person, Gala, where it is located. This is where she told me to find it:

It is also they way to run repair. Seems that you have not just found it in All Programs menu.

Only those codecs for mov file were not included into our software which cannot be used on windows system (as you know, mov is apple format).

We need you mov file that will not open in our software to test it. Please upload it to our ftp-server, the instructions will be sent to you via our support system.

Best regards.
07.04.12 16:31:30
I'm getting a'file format error' when trying converting Windows Meida (TM) Video file to any file.

thanks.
Loretta
Administrator
09.04.12 08:59:43
To: Loretta

Hello,

We would like to invite you using the latest version of AVS Video Converter

If the problem persists please make sure your file is not protected, as AVS applications do not work with protected materials

If your file is not protected please specify: (1) the format of this file (2) whether the problem appears only with this particular file/format; (3) your actions step by step; (4) attach a screenshot of the error message you receive.

Best regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  412