AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
01.09.15 01:27:16
Hello everyone. I'm a complete beginning when it comes to video so this may seem like a stupid question for some of you. I just bought a canon camcorder and am recording videos in MP4 format. I bought AVS video editor because I basically just want to take all the little MP4 files from my camcorder and create one big file that I can store on a flash drive and watch at one time. The problem I am having is that when I hit produce, then choose MP4 the finished product isn't nearly as clear as playing the files right from the camera. They're not nearly as clear as the original files. Could someone tell me how I can get the same exact finished product that's on the camera?
01.09.15 18:57:56
You need to match up the bitrate, or choose a higher one.

Re-encoding video to these formats always loses some quality, but a higher bitrate can better reproduce the original video footage.

When I check my video footage, it's 30mbit. The default profiles in AVS are somewhere around 1.5 to 9mbit. You'll have to tweak them to get the same quality as your source footage. You should also make sure that you're not downsizing your video, for example from 1080p to just 720p.

1080p looks reasonable at anything over 20mbit, but you'll want more if you want to preserve as much detail as possible.

-Kramy
Nat
03.09.15 10:07:35
To: mountainman

Dear user,

To get the output file of high quality please select the input file parameters like frame rate, frame size and bitrate for the output by clicking on the Advanced button after selecting the format. To check the input file parameters right click on the video in media library - choose Properties.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
Nat
03.09.15 10:08:07
To: Kramy

Thank you for the answer, it is very usefull and professional.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  493