AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
10.03.13 21:03:48
Hi guys. Having returned from a snowboarding trip this weekend, I downloaded AVS Video Editor so I could create a compilation of my videos to a MP3 soundtrack. I was actually really pleased with the software to start with and I spent ages cutting the videos so they matched the audio. The final thing looked pretty cool. However, when I "produced" the video output, the audio out-lasted the video so the music just came to an abrupt end - despite the fact it matched perfectly in the editing software. So I went to the troube of stretching-out the vide so it was a few seconds longer than the audio track, hoping this would work, but now the audio just cuts off before the video has finished, which makes even less sense. Does anybody have any ideas what's happening?

If it helps, I'm compiling MP4 videos and adding a single MP3 soundtrack. I've tried out-putting to both MPEG and WMV so far. Do I need to do something specific so that the output matches the alignment in the editor?!

I hope somebody can help. Thanks in avance! Chris
Nat
11.03.13 06:26:42
To: christrinder

Dear Chris,

To analyse the problem we need your .vep AVS Video Editor project file and the files (video, image and audio) used in the project.

Please send them to our FTP server, I have sent the instructions on how to do it using AVS Support System.

Use your e-mail and forum password to track the answer.

Kind regards
11.03.13 09:27:47
To: Nat

Hi Nat. Thanks for your reply. I could upload the project later for you but it would be a VERY large file (200MB+).

Having experimented more last night with different output versions, I think I can see what is happening... at least from a general point of view. Basically, it appears that the software creates a "container" for the soundtrack when you drag the MP3 file in. That container originally stretched to the end of the video, and then in my later attempts it stretched to just before the end of the video. It appears that the MP3 soundtrack "plays" only within that "container" but at a different rate (slower) within the editor than in the final output. So in my first attempt the music hadn't finished before the video ended. In my later attempts, the container ended before the music had actually finished.

So in conclusion, it seems that the MP3 file plays marginally slower in the editor than it does in the "produced" output... or perhaps it is the videos that play at a different speed?
11.03.13 15:11:19
Do I need to convert the MP3 to an MP4 or something first so that the "frame rate" is the same at the point of rendering the ouput?
12.03.13 11:16:10
To: Nat

Hi Nat. Do you still want me to upload my project or is this enough information for you to go on? Thanks, Chris
13.03.13 09:25:39

Please can I get a refund then - because the software isn't fit for purpose. If the output doesn't match what you create in the editor, it basically doesn't work. Nat, can you please reply to me so we can arrange a refund... I'm afraid that I'm not satisfied with the product that I have purchased.
Nat
14.03.13 06:15:41

Dear Cris,

I am really sorry for the delay in reply.

We are ready to give you a refund, but we'd greatly appreciate if you could help us to resolve the issue.

Actually we need your project file, if there are too many video files used there, please send us only the images, audio file that is cut at the end the .vep project file.
You can do it by attaching to your next forum message, if you do not mind, of cause.

We greatly appreciate you help and understanding.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  100