AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
20.12.12 23:44:05
I'm not having any luck with getting a fix for my problem with the freeze function in Video Editor. When I first got the program and started using it, I was able to use the freeze frame function by right clicking on the frame marker and clicking on freeze. This would freeze that frame and put a picture in the current project media library, then I could do an undo to eliminate the frame that was froze and still have the picture in my library for use in the video to put it where I wanted it, in the video. I used it mostly as a still where I would put text before the video would play. Here is an example from a Youtube presentation I put together: http://youtu.be/2a98KMRwQkE Notice that video starts with a froze frame and then the video starts.
I can no longer do this and was told to uninstall all of the AVS4You programs and reinstall them. I did this to no avail. I still have the same problem.
Then I was told to do a repair by the repair tab in the AVS4You folder. I did this and all .dll's read under status as Success. I still have the same problem.

Has anyone been using this Freeze frame technique and is it still working for you?
Nat
21.12.12 09:24:45
To: jss459@aol.com

Dear User,

I have passed all the information over to our developers team. As soon as we got any solution I will let you know.

Please specify if you can use the Snapshot option on the preview window toolbar (see the screenshot attached).
You need to place the cursor on the position you need to shoot - and press the Snapshot button.

Thank you for understanding and cooperation.

Kind regards
Attached files:
2083.37 KB
12.07.13 01:59:06
I-m also having this same problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program and no good. Please help me get this sorted.
Nat
12.07.13 04:47:16
To: infra1010@hotmail.com

Dear user,

Thank you for the information.

Please specify if you can use the Snapshot option on the preview window toolbar (see the screenshot attached).
You need to place the cursor on the position you need to shoot - and press the Snapshot button.

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards
Attached files:
2083.37 KB
26.07.13 22:21:57
To: infra1010@hotmail.com

Hi, I'm just wondering if you've found a work around on this yet?
Nat
29.07.13 09:25:03
To: doncht

Dear user,

Have you enconuted the same problem?

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards
28.07.19 18:35:40
To: doncht
I know I'm replying in a 7yo thread, super ridiculous but I had the same problem for the past 2 days without any solution and I literally hated it. Maybe I have some good news. It seems that the program doesn't allow you to have more than 99 .png in your AVS folder. Yes, all freezed frames you made are stored in a folder and stay there even if you uninstall the program any number of times. The folder is C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoEditor\Temp and you can delete them all or the ones you're not using anymore. Then the freeze frame function starts to work again. At least it worked for me. I've attached a screenshot. Notice that the last file is called "freezeframe_099", that was my last frame before the function stopped working. Hope this helps someone.
Attached files:
16.3 KB
16.10.19 08:21:06
Thanks. Been looking for months for a fix for this problem.
Mines working again. Appreciate you taking the time to
post the solution:)
28.07.20 22:08:21
To: sphynx_SR2
This is a solid gold response that solved the issue. I encourage the AVS support team to take notice that the glitch continues and as we all become power users we will each exceed the 99 png files. It is sad because when it happens we (the users) have no clue that some pre-determined limit has been exceeded. All that we know is that the feature no longer works, yet we were just getting used to using it in our editing process. sphynx_SR2, it took your reply to the issue that was first reported back in 2012. You provided this solution on July 28, 2019 and here I am stumbling onto it a year later on July 28, 2020. I found nothing by way of the internal AVS Forum searches, but had to rely upon a general Google search for the link back to the AVS Forums. Am I frustrated? Yes, just a bit. I feel that this glitch should be addressed immediately! Michael Leavitt - Orem, Utah
26.08.20 09:34:39
To: peaceofmind@TheHomeInspector.com

Dear user,

We apologize for all the inconveniences caused!

The issue has been forwarded to our developers. It will be resolved in one of the future versions of AVS Video Editor by increasing the limit up to 999.

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  196