AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
08.04.12 05:33:02
I have several video players on my computer(s), Windows Media Player, Roxio's CinePlayer, HP MediaSmart DVD Player and Apple's Quick Time Player. I recently completed a big video project with AVS software that required adding 15 chapters and a main menu to a large, 1.5 Gb WMV file that had to be converted to a DVD video file. The project completed successfully and I burned two DL DVD's. Each one was 5.38 Gb.

I watched parts of all the chapters on the HP DVD Player. The menu and chapters displayed and played correctly but the last two chapters of this 5 hr 23 min DVD appeared to have the audio out of sync with the video. I played them on a Digital DVD player and an old analog dvd player successfully. Then I played them with Windows Media Player and Roxio's CinePlayer with no problems, audio and video in sync.

I then retried these same two DVD's using the HP MediSmart DVD player and bingo the audio synch problem re-appeared. 2 computer based players and two commercial DVD players connected to a digital TV showed no problems, only the computer based HP Media Smart DVD player showed a problem.

I learned that not all computer DVD players are created equal. This is a good thing to keep in mind when evaluating the results of your projects also.
Administrator
09.04.12 11:43:17
To: PastorBob

Hello,

Thank you for ypur information. It seems that HP Mediasmart DVD player's out of sync problem is known.
We suggest you to visit HP Support Forum.

Best regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  206