AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
20.12.11 15:06:07
Hi ... I want to convert my PowerPoint (2007) slides to a video to upload to YouTube. I just completed my PPT slide presentation with embedded sound using Windows XP. When I used AVS Video converter, it did convert my slides and embedded music to an AVI file, however the timings were all wrong. In PowerPoint, I made certain that each new slide appeared "automatically after x seconds" so that the PPT presentation would run without the need to click a mouse. Can you please tell me why these slide transition timings do not transfer using your software. For example the first slide has a 4 second display, yet the converted AVI seems to stay on this slide for at least 20 seconds. The timing is critical as the particular slide display must coordinate with the embedded narration and audio track. I even reduced my 40 slide PPT presentation down to 10 slides for testing with no improvement. It appears as though the conversion process does not recognize built-in slide advance transition timings.

I'd appreciate any help that you can provide.

Thank you for your assistance ... Brian
22.12.11 11:28:34
To: Brian Metcalfe

Hello Brian,

Unfortunately, animation in Power Point files is not supported by our software. It may cause the problem with slide timing during conversion. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Our developers are working to fix the problem in the next version.

Best regards.
29.10.13 18:15:55
To: Vlad
It is now two years later and I still don't see powerpoint support. Was this ever added?
Nat
31.10.13 10:48:06
To: tisher

Dear user,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

Power Point presentations can be processed in AVS Video Converter or AVS Video Editor, however the animation can not be saved.

The information is being reviewed in our development team.

Unfortunately for now we can not tell you when this feature may be implemeted.

Sorry for the inconvenieces.

Kind regards
16.07.14 06:02:46
To: Nat
Further to previous posts on the matter of converting PowerPoint presentations to WMV or MOV, can AVS Video Converter now handle the conversion of a PPT (or PPTX) that has recorded voice-over on each slide? Can it handle converting music files that have been attached to the slides? I just tried to convert a PPTX that has either music or voice-over recordings attached to each of the 11 slides. When the PPTX file is converted to WMV or MOV the recorded sound on all but one slide is not heard. What do I need to do differently?
16.07.14 05:48:00
I am trying to convert a PowerPoint presentation to WMV or MOV so that I can upload to YouTube as a "movie" podcast. There is a music file attached to the first and last slides. Other 9 slides have recorded voice. When converting from PPTX to WMV, only slide 2 has the sound of the recorded voice. All other slides are silent but moving forward with the recorded timing. Does Video Converter not allow for PPTX conversion?
Nat
21.07.14 10:00:05
To: phoenixdistributor@bell.net

Dear user,

Unfortunately there is a problwm with Power Point presentations conversion to video format: you can lose sound after the conversion.

Our developers are working on this issue now.

For now to avoid the problem you can import the recording or sound separately from presentation to AVS Video Editor and place it on the timeline.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
24.08.14 14:17:40
To: Nat

Thanks for this confirmation. I couldn't pinpoint the exact issue until I read your answer.
25.08.14 14:33:43
To: mikewashtm

Dear User,

You are always welcome. Should you need any further assistance do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  284