AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
19.08.11 02:41:28
I have recently downloaded and installed what I presume is the latest version of the DVD Author program.

When I insert my own background image on a menu page the image is displayed upside down and the left and right hand sides reversed.
Whilst I can overcome this by editing the image in a photo tool and producing a deliberate upside down and laterally reversed image I notice that the built-in icon images for say the home page is also upside down and reversed.

I'm running the latest version of MS Windows 7 Home Premium, has anyone else noticed this behaviour and is there a solution?
Lex
Administrator
19.08.11 08:15:56
To: fwebb10@optusnet.com.au

Helllo,

We would like to inform you that the developement of AVS DVD Authoring was stopped. So, it was removed from our webpage and we don't provide support of the software. We advise you to use AVS Video Editor:
http://download.avs4you.net/distributives/AVSVideoEditor.exe

Best regards.
19.08.11 23:16:19
To: Lex
Thanks for the response Lex, I downloaded the package from CNET & Softonic WEB sites the version is 1.3.4.56

I do have the latest version of the AVS Video Editor and it is not as useful as the AVS DVD Author package.

The AVS DVD Author allows the creation of separate tracks (Title Sets) that can be navigated to using buttons, the DVD Author has a "Startup" tab that immediately dispalys th structure of the DVD and an added "Treeview" that shows the structure of the different Tracks/Titles and chapters created in the separate Tracks/Titles. The version of the Video Editor that I have does not support the creation of Tracks/Titles but only chapters.

The benchmark software that I would compare any DVD Authoring software to is the old Codejam "DVD Composer" which is no longer supported by Codejam but is still available on various WEB sites. This package is still unsurpassed in terms of sophistication and flexibility and supports 8 x stereo audio tracks and 8 x subtitle tracks per Title Set (Track) and multiple Title Sets (Tracks).

I will stick with the AVS DVD Author that I have (even though I have to manipulate the images) as it's faster for the production of DVD's than the Codejam DVD Composer. I would urge AVS to resurrect the DVD Author package as it offers more than the AVS Video Editor.
Lex
Administrator
22.08.11 11:05:50
To: fwebb10@optusnet.com.au

Hello,

Thank you for the kind appreciations. *SUPER* Your wish will be put forward to our developers.

Best regards
24.08.11 00:14:38
fwebb10@optusnet.com.au:
I have recently downloaded and installed what I presume is the latest version of the DVD Author program.

When I insert my own background image on a menu page the image is displayed upside down and the left and right hand sides reversed.
Whilst I can overcome this by editing the image in a photo tool and producing a deliberate upside down and laterally reversed image I notice that the built-in icon images for say the home page is also upside down and reversed.

I'm running the latest version of MS Windows 7 Home Premium, has anyone else noticed this behaviour and is there a solution?

I have experienced the same a.m. problem two times on my computer Win7 due to to the AVS Video Editor updating (the same it happened with XP O.S.).
I noticed that the issue appears when I install the AVS DVD Authoring after the installation of AVS Video Editor 6. In both case, I solved it uninstalling all AVS software and clean the register of AVS items and then, I installed the AVS DVD Authoring first and, afterwards, AVS Video Editor 5 (not version 6) or other AVS software.
I suppose the problem depends just the AVS Video Editor 6.
I agree with you; the AVS DVD Authoring program is better than AVS Video Editor 6 one for the authoring.
But, since the developement of AVS DVD Authoring was stopped, we have to live with this conflict (or bug).... unfortunately:'(

Best regards to all

Giampaolo;-)
Lex
Administrator
24.08.11 09:45:40
To: kana48

Hello Giampaolo,

We took into consideration your wish about AVS DVD Authoring.

Best regards.
26.08.11 19:57:31
Hi All,

I have the same problem nearly. My pictures are inverted but not reversed, but I think I MAY have a solution for you to try. My post is long winded so please for give me I have had to spread it over two posting.

Part 1

I had the problem using any of the latest versions of DVD Authoring (mine is 1.3.4.56), when you imported an image/picture, the picture would appear upside down and the project would complete with it in this inverted state.

With a clue from AVS I found that an upgrade of any application or an install of new applications could overwrite a DLL file with a newer version, these newer versions are not compatible with the old DVD Authoring programme.

If you have this problem you may wish to try my solution shown below, but please note two important things.

First THIS IS NOT an approved AVS solution and they have played no part in its development and as such YOU will be trying this AT YOUR OWN REST.
Second, the solution involves the replacement of a DLL file, please, PLEASE keep a copy of the newer file somewhere as a backup in case this doesn’t work or you need to revert back to it for one of the other applications.

The Solution (please read all first)

AVS software install DLL’s files in the “Program Files” or “Program Files (x86)” folder, which, depends on your system, 32 or 64 bit and possible if it a newer than Windows 7 system is used. In the “Common Files” folder, “AVSMedia” folder and “ActiveX” folder there are some common DLL’s, over a 100 in my case. There is a DLL file called “AVSImageFile3.dll” this seems to be the offending DLL.

The file information relating to my version (1.3.4.56) of DVD Authoring as reported by Windows as size = 200kB, Date = 8th Oct 2009, Time = 12:35, file version (via properties) 3.3.3.1625. I made a BACKUP of the newer version I found in the “ActiveX” folder and called the backup “AVSImageFile3, Post DVD Authoring, v1.3.4.56.dll” use any name which makes sense to you and keep it in there for future use, may be a second copy elsewhere too.

I copied to that folder, with a BACKUP name, a copy of the older DLL from my DVD Authoring installation (see below on suggestions of how to get a copy) naming it “AVSImageFile3, DVD Authoring, v1.3.4.56.dll” again use any name which makes sense to you, may be a second copy elsewhere too.

These two BACKUP files now live in the “ActiveX” folder acting as backups and gives the ability, if needed, to switch between them, see comment later. Now delete the newer version with the original name of “AVSImageFile3.dll” from the folder and copy the older “AVSImageFile3, DVD Aurthoring, v1.3.4.56.dll” version renaming it to “AVSImageFile3.dll”. At this point you should now have three related files and stated below.

“AVSImageFile3, DVD Authoring, v1.3.4.56.dll” Old version from DVD Authoring
“AVSImageFile3, Post DVD Authoring, v1.3.4.56.dll” Newer version of the file
“AVSImageFile3.dll” copy of the older file with the correct name

The first two make have different names depending on what you used, but the third is needed to match AVS applications.

You should now be able to use DVD Authoring without the inverted picture problem.

See Part 2 below (I hope)
26.08.11 19:58:13
Hi Again,

Part 2.

Reasons for keeping copies of both the older and newer versions. You may find that one of the other AVS applications doesn’t work properly. Video Converter and Video Editor did on mine OK for menu creation. If so you may have to swap between the two as and when needed. I believe there may be a method of forcing DVD Authoring to look for the older version elsewhere, but if so I do not know of it as yet. Also as AVS applications are updated or newer ones are added it may overwrite the older and this solution would need to be repeated.

To get a copy of the older DLL, you could try to install DVD Authoring as trail programme on another clean machine then look for the DLL (see above for location) and copy it to a safe place. Then clean the another machine up. You can check the file version with the information I gave above. I will also see if I can upload to the forum a copy or you may like to try and beg AVS for a copy, otherwise it’s the install of the DVD Authoring application, possible after un-installing others so you end up with the older version Then re-install all other applications again, long winded I know but sorry.

Hope this post helps others and if anyone know how to re-direct an application to look for other DLL’s in different locations I’d love to know to make a better solution, in the meantime I’ll have to go on hunting.
26.08.11 20:20:45
Hi Again,

Part 3

Sorry forgot to upload my version of the DLL.
28.08.11 23:42:46
To: private61

Many Thanks private61 & Kana48 for your help in tracking down this behaviour of the DVD Authoring program.

I will try out your suggestion of using the substitute DLL to see if this corrects the problem of inverted images on my Windows 7 machine, I'm sure if it worked for you then it will work for me. Kana had noted that there was a compatibility issue which occurred when the latest version of the Video Editor was loaded.

The other most useful AVS program that I regularly use is the Video Converter which does a better job of converting video formats, especially resolution changes from HD formats to SD than the freeware FFMpeg does and its much easier to use than FFMpeg.

I will check to see if there are any compatibility issues with the Video Converter and the DLL used for the Authoring program, hopefully unlikely as the converter program is not really used for disc authoring.
29.08.11 05:10:35
Thanks to private61 I have swapped out the offending DLL (dynamic linking library) with the DLL that comes with version 1.3.4.56 of the AVS DVD Authoring software and it now works fine, images are no longer upside down or laterally reversed and that applies for your own bit map images (.bmp files) as well as the in-built images included in the package (home image for example).

The DLL in question is named AVSImageFile3.dll and the DLL version that comes with version 1.3.4.56 of the DVD Author that works is 3.3.3.1625

On my laptop which is running 64 bit Windows 7 this DLL resides in the following location (path)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX

There is also a subdirectory C:\Program Files (x86)\AVS4YOU but this is not relevant for this problem.

If you are running 32 bit Windows 7 or say Windows 32 bit XP then the location will probably be C:\Program Files\Common Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX

I have archived the original DLL before swapping it out just in case I may need to use it for some other AVS application, so far I have used the AVS Video Converter version 7 successfully with the DVD Author version of the AVSImageFile3.dll file without any problems, perhaps the incompatibility is limited to the new version 6 of the Video Editor.
29.08.11 13:26:57
Hi,

Glad my solution worked. I should have added for info that I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium, Video Converter 7 and now 8, Video Editor 6 too.

If anyone else tries this solution add your success or otherwise to this thread to help others to and may be AVS themselves.
04.09.11 11:28:09

Very good...*DANCE*

I have found out the same workaround two weeks ago, but you preceded me.*DANCE*8-)

Very good job... of course we cannot have the "blessing":-D of AVS4YOU's developers due to the AVS DVD authoiring is no longer supported *SORRY* .....

Giampaolo
04.09.11 11:39:13
I forgot to tell you and as @private 61 says .......

THIS IS NOT an approved AVS solution and they have played no part in its development and as such YOU will be trying this AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Giampaolo ;-)
14.02.12 17:41:11
Thanks a lot private61.. I will try this today itself..

But.... Guys at AVS!!!
DVD Authoring is an excellent software.. Everyone who looks at my DVDs appreciates it so much and they say the DVDs look so professional. Why did you stop supporting such an excellent, working software? I recommend you resume supporting DVD Authoring or enhance your Video Editor or Re-Maker to support all functionalities of DVD Authoring. None of these two are comparable to DVD authoring software.
Lex
Administrator
15.02.12 07:49:29
To: girish.belandur@hotmail.com

Hello,

Your opinion is important for us. We will put it forward to our developers.

Best regards.
01.07.12 09:28:27
To: Lex

Can I add my $0.02 as well I would also like you to resume supporting this software (DVD Authoring) I have tried several others since you stopped, and nothing comes close.
01.07.12 09:39:13

Hi I've just run into this problem on windows XP running on a VM on Windows 7 Untimate.

Your solution works for me as well.

Oddly, I used this software 3 weeks ago to generate a DVD, and it worked fine. As I only use the VM for creating dvd's nothing should have changed.

But obviously it did.

Anyway, thanks again for the fix

And AVS: Please ressurect DVD Authoring
Administrator
02.07.12 12:05:36
To: indigomage

Hello,

Unfortunately AVS DVD Authoring is not compatible with the new components of latest versions of AVS programs. I'll forward the information to our developpers.

Best regards.
06.09.12 17:08:17
Private61, Great help! Thank you!
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  136