AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
07.12.10 15:54:15
I posted a few tutorials for AVS Video Editor on Youtube and got asked if it was possible to do the Skew Effect and use a background colour other than black. I figured out the following workaround that will allow you to put any colour in the background:

1. Create the transition/effect as usual;
2. Produce as an AVI/whatever and trim resulting video (using external editor like VideoDub) so that only that transition/effect remains;
3. Import video; and then use as an overlay. Set the chromakey to eliminate the black (tough luck if there's black in the clip);
4. On the main timeline insert the colour wanted.

I haven't actually done this myself yet, but it should work. The main thing is using the chromakey function to eliminate the background, which you can only do in an overlay. I've also added a suggestion in the wishlist to add a color button for effects and transitions. I guess too that this procedure - making an effect/transition, exporting it and then re-importing it as an overlay - might work for other problems as well.
09.12.10 06:30:22
LauraEss:
I posted a few tutorials for AVS Video Editor on Youtube and got asked if it was possible to do the Skew Effect and use a background colour other than black. I figured out the following workaround that will allow you to put any colour in the background:

1. Create the transition/effect as usual;
2. Produce as an AVI/whatever and trim resulting video (using external editor like VideoDub) so that only that transition/effect remains;
3. Import video; and then use as an overlay. Set the chromakey to eliminate the black (tough luck if there's black in the clip);
4. On the main timeline insert the colour wanted.

I haven't actually done this myself yet, but it should work. The main thing is using the chromakey function to eliminate the background, which you can only do in an overlay. I've also added a suggestion in the wishlist to add a color button for effects and transitions. I guess too that this procedure - making an effect/transition, exporting it and then re-importing it as an overlay - might work for other problems as well.

Could you please post a link to your youtube channel? (looked for your videos on youtube, but no luck.) :'(
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  22