AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
Al
Support Manager
01.02.11 02:34:26
To: petra56

Send us the source files you used for the project and the output video (the instructions have been sent to you via the support system)
Hope we will clear up the situation.
01.02.11 03:50:36
To: Al

Al:
FYI:
I have tested "The Sun Of Italy" in the current version and didn't find critical distortion in the file.

I do hear critical distortion in the latest version. As I wrote already in my personal support page: If you don't hear it, get yourself someoone more audiophile. It is obvious.

Al:
Q:
Do you get a distortion while working with any other files?

Yes, I do. The distortion is less the less sinoidal the audio is. OTOH this means, the distortion is most with sine wave audio. I upload a 440 Hz test tone 90% Full Scale, i.e. -1dB, here. The difference can be heard easily. Place the tone on an audio line and hear the difference between direct playback and timeline playback.
Attached files:
1485.62 KB
Al
Support Manager
01.02.11 04:45:46
Schwobbel:
The difference can be heard easily

You are right, I hope the issue will be resolved soon.
I encourage you to continue to let us know how we can improve our products
02.02.11 05:05:09
To: Al

Interested in what your mistake is, I had a look at the waveform "before" and "after". I attached a screenshot of the waveforms' comparison here. The "...out" waveform ist the output, the other waveform is the input. The difference is not big, but subtle. The sinewaves' maximums and minimums are "rounder" than the originals while in the area of the zero-crossing the curves are steeper than the original.

This all seems to me as if you are multiplying the samples' values with different multipliers depending on the sample's value. If this is what you (or your programmers) are doing, the result is very obvious: non-linear distortion of third (or more general: odd) order. When I first heard it, this was my assumption. This is staggering. Your programmers should ask someone who knows about audio/video before they code such a rubbish.
Attached files:
151.45 KB
19.04.11 23:56:03
Hello,

I am attempting to create a slideshow using AVS Video Editor and am having problems adding music to the slideshow.

I have an mp3 audio file that I want to play during the slideshow. I imported the audio file into AVS Video Editor. When I click on the audio file where it sits in the AVS media library, the audio track play and sounds wonderful.

However, when I add this file to the "audio mix" the track sounds distorted. It does not sound clear and crisp like it does sitting in the media library; instead, it sounds like the music file is saturated.

Why does my audio file not sound the same in the "audio mix" and it does in the media library? Do I need to adjust the audio settings?

Help is much appreciated!!
20.04.11 00:00:07
Sorry about the typos:

cc833:

When I click on the audio file where it sits in the AVS media library, the audio track *plays* and sounds wonderful.

Why does my audio file not sound the same in the "audio mix" *as* it does in the media library? Do I need to adjust the audio settings?
20.04.11 01:10:06
To: cc833

Hello,

Please make sure that you have the latest version AVS Video Editor 5.2.2.173.

Regards.
wjm
06.01.13 20:28:13
Hi,

Yesterday (1/5/2012), I bought the current version of AVS Video editor and am immediately having the problem described here:

http://forum.avs4you.com/posts.aspx?lng=ENG&t=2925

...where pristine, un-clipped audio becomes unlistenably distorted when added to the Audio mix line. I searched the forums for "Distortion" and found only the thread at the above link, and it's inconclusive. Sorry if I missed something, but was this bug worked out? Or is there a plugin that I need to achieve a fix? I imagine that there's been some kind of workaround or, maybe more likely, a better understanding of what causes the problem and how to avoid it, but I need help finding it. Thanks.
Nat
09.01.13 04:11:14
To: wjm

Dear User,

To avoid the problem please try to completely uninstall AVS4YOU software following precisely the instructions below:
1. Go Start > All Programs > AVS4YOU > Uninstall. Please make sure to click the "Check All" button.

2. Follow this link and download the utility that will automatically remove all AVS software components from your PC. Save the utility on your computer and launch it. It is highly recommended to leave the default option "Delete license key-files" checked.

3. Download and install the latest version of AVS Video Editor.

Try to use it and inform about the result.

Kind regards
23.12.13 19:24:38
I also have this problem.
I agree with some prior comments to the effect that this is not a small problem, this a major problem that makes this otherwise great software, useless.
Well, maybe for home videos its ok. But for anything else it isn't.
I read everything I could on here to solve this issue.
I give up.
Nat
24.12.13 05:51:02
To: Nice

Dear user,

We'd be greatfull if you could provide some additional information about the problem so we could resolve the issue to our mutual advantage:
- specify the version of AVS Video Editor you use,
- describe your actions step by step,
- specify the format and origin of the file you use,
- try to playback the file on any of your PC players and inform if it can be played without any problems,
- specify to what format you save the file to and what settings you select.

Thank you for understanding and cooperation.

Kind regards
17.05.16 07:41:54
I just bought AVS 4you to record some of my music.

Want to play a guitar track and then lay a vocal over top.

I want to be able to hear the guitar track while I'm recording the vocal.

I can't find anywhere in tutorial or help that shows me how.

Please help.
Nat
18.05.16 12:36:20
To: AliG

Dear user,

You can fulfill what you need using the Mix option in AVS Audio Editor: place the first audio onto line 1 of the mix project, then press the recording button on the left.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
24.05.22 03:29:05
After over 10 years, this problem still continues for me even with the latest AVS update.
I have created a new topic here to continue this discussion:
https://forum.avs4you.com/posts.aspx?lng=ENG&t=7569&p=1#32324

If you are having the same problem with AVS, please proceed to discuss there. Let's try to get AVS to actually fix this problem once and for all.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  156