AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
05.09.10 01:15:48
Hi.
I am using AVS Video Editor 4.2, and in the "volume and balance" menu, you can slide the 3 sliders anywhere between 0 to the left and 200 to the right.
And the three sliders are for "Main Video," "Video Overlay," and "Audio Mix" (audio mix = extra audio you have added).

I made a video and I added audio. So I turned the audio of the main video to 0, and the video overlay to 0, but what should I turn the "audio mix" to?

When I tried turning it to the middle - 100, it ended up sounding too quiet when I uploaded it to YouTube.

So I redid it on 200, but now I think it might sound distorted. Or at least the part of my video with voices sounds distorted. I don't know if the music does.

Anyone know what setting it SHOULD be at?

Thanks.

-D.
05.09.10 01:49:51
ps: to my question...

Also:

You know the red line that you can move up and down and diagonally in an added audio track...?

If I want that line to just stay straight across, how far up should that red line be....?

Should it be halfway or 3 quarters of the way, or all the way up?

Will all the way up also cause distortion?

Thanks.

-D.
Experienced User
05.09.10 03:21:44
To: scissorhands

Personally I have found going above 100 in the volume and balance menu will cause distortion. I tend to have mine set at 90 for the main sound file I want to be heard the most. Then 60 or 70 for the secondary sound. But this of course is dependent on the actual volume levels of the sound files I am using including the sound in the original video footage. So you need to play around with these settings till you find what is right for you as it will vary from video footage and or sound files that you add.

If you are not happy with the level of the sound from one particular file. You are better off to right click on the audio file in question and select "Audio" .

When the window opens up put a tick in the amplify box and play around with the gain settings.

Adjusting the red line up or down also adjusts the volume level of that particular sound file. Meaning that if the red line is moved to the top of this panel the sound in the video file will be louder. If it is moved to the bottom it will be silenced.

Where as using the "Volume and Balance" option will adjust the volume levels for all sound files in the video.

Hope this helps you.
06.09.10 15:02:25

To: CybaGirl

Thanks cybagirl!

The only part of my question you kinda didn't answer is....

Will moving that red slider bar up too high - in the added audio track (which is the only audio i want to be heard) make it sound distorted?

Should I have it at 3/4 of the way up, or in the middle, or all the way up, or what?

As for the 3 sliders in the volume and balance menu, I am only using one "audio mix" (or extra audio track), so I turn down the "main video" and the "video overlay" to 0. So I guess I should just leave the "audio mix" at 90 or 100 like you said?

Why do they enable you to move it above 100 if it sounds distorted btw?

ANYWAY... I ALREADY MADE THESE 2 VIDEOS with the audio mix set at 200! Can you tell me if they sound distorted to you. I thought when I made them with it set at 100 they weren't loud enough, so I replaced them with these.

What do u think...? And u can also tell me which video u like better. :-)
[URL=]
1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ueg6-zR-adg&feature=related

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDRdCJVqeUU

Thanks again.

-D.
06.09.10 15:05:52

ps: I meant to say

I am only using one THE "audio mix" (or extra audio track), so I turn down the "main video" and the "video overlay" to 0

not "one".
06.09.10 15:06:51
D'oh!

correction of my correction. lol.

I am only using THE "audio mix" (or extra audio track), so I turn down the "main video" and the "video overlay" to 0

not "ONE".
07.09.10 06:32:40
scissorhands:

To: CybaGirl

The only part of my question you kinda didn't answer is....

Will moving that red slider bar up too high - in the added audio track (which is the only audio i want to be heard) make it sound distorted?

Should I have it at 3/4 of the way up, or in the middle, or all the way up, or what?
-D.

Hello,

I will try to answer your question:

Actually, you should play around with these settings and try different which fits you better, as CybaGirl advised you. The best settings depend also on sound level/quality of the original file.

By the way, you can mute main video and video overlay, selecting video on it, clicking right mouse button and choosing Mute in the context menu.

I would also recommend you to use the latest version AVS Video Editor 5.1. . We have added some new features in it and now you can edit audio track of the video straught on Timeline.

I hope it helps.

Regards.
djj
07.09.10 12:02:25
To: Vlad

Thank you. Vlad.
08.09.10 00:31:27
To: djj

You are welcome.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  17