AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
15.06.10 16:24:17
I'm using version 4.2.1.179 of the Video Editor. I am Saving Movies... for Disc output as Blu-ray using the HD 1080p, 24,000bps, 24fps option.

When I save the movie output without enabling the Blu-ray Menu checkbox everything works fine. The DVD (BD-ROM) I create as a disc can be read by the BDP's like my Sony S570. It starts playing the disc right away (no menu) and sees it correctly as a DVD-R AVCHD / BD-ROM.

However when I try to enable the Blu-ray menu in the Video Editor prior to saving the ouptut in exactly the same format, the disc I create can be seen by the BDP but cannot be played.

So it seems the menu is not enabled correctly for this Sony and other Samsung BDP's at least.

What can I do to use the menu and my saved chapters (I have 6 chapters marked).

Thanks
Nat
17.06.10 02:09:52
To: devid

Try to playback the created video with menus on your PC players first (by default the created video is saved in My Documents - My Videos) before burning it to a disk, please inform if you have any problems.
Can you also playback the disk on your PC?
Is it possible to playback the video only (without the menu) on your home player?
If possible try to burn the video using some other software and inform if the created disk can be played on your Sony S570.
18.06.10 09:15:49
Nat:

Try to playback the created video with menus on your PC players first (by default the created video is saved in My Documents - My Videos) before burning it to a disk, please inform if you have any problems.
Can you also playback the disk on your PC?
Is it possible to playback the video only (without the menu) on your home player?
If possible try to burn the video using some other software and inform if the created disk can be played on your Sony S570.
18.06.10 09:19:39
(Sorry - having trouble with the Reply here)

Yes - playing back on PC before burning is my usual approach.In general (MP4 output) I go through list of media players including AVS, GOM, VLC, QT, Winamp, Miro and maybe others. For Blu-ray most players I have don't support it other than AVS so I always try that first. I am definitely looking for broad compatibility because these videos could go to "anyone" with "any gear".

If the PC plays OK (they are all very different in performance and compatibility even with ffdshow, etc.) I go on to the hardware. That is, if I get a good to very good sample result on PC players, I then burn the disc for the BDP in hopes it is also compatible.

To be honest, I haven't spent time testing the BD-ROM (not a BD-R or BD-RE, just a single layer DVD due to the <4.7GB size of resulting files). Maybe that is a compatibility issue, perhaps you know...The reason I don't test the BD-ROM on PC is because I don't expect anyone else to try to play the BD disc on the PC as opposed to using one of the other formats I provide (MP4, AVI) which could in fact be downloads (not possible with the M2TS file size). If a BD-ROM/AVCHD DVD disc is sent, it is pressumably to be played in a BDP, not a PC.

Yes, the whole issue is that the video plays fine on the home player (Sony BDP-S570) **without** the menu but fails to play when created on AVS the Blu-ray menu option

I use ImgBurn to create the disc -- I can try AVS instead but the majority out there seem to use ImgBurn with success and I followed their instructions exactly. Their support suggested I contact BD forums because it was not a burn issue...

Thanks for your response!
Nat
21.06.10 07:19:42

Please try to use AVS Disk Creator to burn the created BlueRay video to the disk:
download and laucnh AVS Disk Creator;
press Video and Photo button - choose Burn Blue Ray Video files, then follow the instructions indicated on the program.
Inform about the result please.
Regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  69