AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
tt
04.05.10 14:04:55
Now the default Video overlay position is a box within Main video. Is that possible to change that default?
Nat
05.05.10 07:39:27
To: tt

It is possible to change the position of the overlay in AVS Video Editor: double click on the video overlay on the timeline and Video Overlay editing window will be opened. You can change the Video Overlay box size using the black squares on its boundaries (the mouse button will look like this when you hover it over one of the black squares - click the mouse button and, without releasing it, drag it to change the video overlay size). It's also possible to change the angle of the Video Overlay effect. Click the green circle (visible when the overlay is selected with the mouse) with the left mouse button, the mouse cursor will change into a round arrow - click the mouse button and, without releasing it, drag it to change the video overlay orientation. To find more details on how to edit video overlay in AVS Video Editor please follow this link.
tt
05.05.10 10:53:14
I guess I did not make myself clear.

USE CASE: I am adding pictures on top on the main video. I use video overlay by adding JPEG picture there. I want the overlay picture cover the WHOLE Main video. Due to I have many overlay pictures to do, now I am resizing everyone of it. It is very inefficient repeating the same robotic works. (click the overlay picture, then carefully resize to the same size of main video again and again on every picture)

WHAT I WANT: I want to be able to set the DEFAULT size of overlay box. After that, when I add the overlay video, the video overlay box will be the new size.
Now the default overlay box is smaller than the main video. I want to change the default of every overlay to the same video box as the main video without manually using the black squares on its boundaries.

WHAT I DO NOT WANT: I do not want to manually resize every video overlay box.

Please advise me if there is a better way to handle my use case or this needs to be a new feature.

Thanks,

tt
Nat
06.05.10 03:30:34

Sorry for misunderstanding. Unfortunately for now it is not possible to change the default size of the video overlay and you need to change the size of each video overlay manually. I will pass the issue over to our developers.
Best regards
tt
06.05.10 13:55:05
Will you notify me if you guys will deliver this feature? If you would, about when I may see the update?

Another question please pass to your developer: Maybe your developer already have a registry item I can set to change the default?

I am also an 20+ software engineer, I can work with any API you guys would like to share. Even have no problem to code for you to get this done:-)

Please also pass my best regards to your developers, I think they did great job on this great product.

Thanks,

tt
12.05.10 05:12:03

Hello,

Be sure we will notify you if our developers add this feature. Unfortunately, it is not possible to change the default overlay size via registry. We are sorry if it may be of any inconvenience.

Regards.
02.09.21 19:53:54
Holy cow, it's now TEN years later.... Has this feature been added? I am edit video seminars for a health care organization. We often like to add the slides from the PowerPoint as overlays to cover the distraction of the having seminar participant's faces at the bottom of the screen (which includes the general public). It is so frustrating to have to resize every image I pull into the overlay area when I sized them to fill the full screen in the first place! Why not make the default size be the full size of the image and then let those who want to make them smaller do so? PLEASE consider at least having a choice for people to choose their default size for overlay images. It is SO tiresome to resize 50 slides in a presentation! Thank you, I hope this suggestion doesn't take 10 more years to consider. :)
13.09.21 09:39:08
To: sschieber@sanhealth.org

Hello,

Unfortunately, this feature is still not available. The exact date when the feature will be added is unknown. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  12