AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
BK
10.03.10 11:10:45
Hi,
It is very useful that AVS Video Converter will convert from ts to other formats.

It would also be useful to be able to convert "to" ts from other formats, but this seems to be a function not yet supported by AVS Video Converter.

Please could you tell me if the ability to convert from other formats to ts format will be included in a future release.

I have asked this question to AVS support, but have had zero response.

Many thanks.
Administrator
10.03.10 22:41:17
To: BK

Thank you for your suggestion,
but could you please specify for what purpose you would like to convert your videos to TS format?
BK
11.03.10 00:04:41
To: nadin

Hi,
Thank you for your response.

To put it briefly, if I could convert video files to TS format, I could then transfer them to either my Humax Freesat+ or Humax Freeview PVR (both of which accept file transfers in as well as out, and both also have plenty of disk space) so transferred files can then be watched sitting down in comfort, (and with good audio quality), rather than huddled around a computer monitor.

After viewing, the files can then be kept or deleted just the same as an off-air recording.

Converting files to DVD format, of course, is an option, but isn't practical for me because I have arthritis in my hands and I don't handle physical media such as DVD Disks too well, and can manage better with a mouse, keyboard, flash drives, and (tv/sat/pvr) remote controls, which are also able to withstand any of my fumbling accidents.

Aside from the practical difficulties I have, DVD isn't my prefered format because of Disk space limitation, and Disk storage with risk of damage in my case, and cost considerations.

I think that covers it in a nutshell, pretty well.

Thank you again for your attention, it is much appreciated.

Best regards.
Administrator
11.03.10 00:14:23
To: BK

Thanks for the explanations. I will forward your suggestion to our developers.

Kind regards
BK
11.03.10 04:38:33
To: nadin

Many thanks, it is very much appreciated.

Best regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  379