AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
16.02.10 16:06:43
I am reviewing the video clips and I need to do some very basic functions which instructions I could not find anywhere:

1. Insert a new video clip between clips, at beginning and end in the timeline.
2. Switch video clips in the timeline.
3. Remove an existing overlay on a clip.
Administrator
17.02.10 23:25:29
To: groovy3130

Generally, it must be helpful to make use of our online help pages.

groovy3130:
1. Insert a new video clip between clips, at beginning and end in the timeline.
You can simply drag and drop your video clip from media library to a desired location in the timeline.

groovy3130:
2. Switch video clips in the timeline.
This can be done the same way: by drag-and-dropping the video with the mouse from one position to another. You can swith to Storyboard view also and change position of your clip using Move Left/Right buttons. Here is more info.

groovy3130:
3. Remove an existing overlay on a clip.
Highlight the object you would like to remove and press Del on keyboards, or right-click it and choose Delete.

Kind regards
pop
25.02.10 15:54:16
As a new user of Video Editor 4.2.1 I can't fund-or understand-how, and where, to split a scene. Can anyone give me some guidance on how I should do thia?
pop
25.02.10 16:13:46
Apart from my message re Vid. Editor 4.2.1, I prefer using the V3 programe as all the functions I want are there and easy to find on the interface.
My last two VHS-DVD projects yesterday, using Version 3, went like a dream, previewed while burning to DVD, all seemed fine.
When I tried them in my DVD player there ware heaps of pixellation problems - the picture kept breaking up into pixelated sections.

I've had a lot of success with Version 3 but I've also had disasters like yesterday. Anyone know what or why this happens?
Is there a simple reason and cure?
25.02.10 20:04:13
To: nadin
First I highlight (click on) the clip in question, then move the vertical cursor (if that's the right term) to the position of the split, then simply click on the "split" button above the timeline. Bingo. Done.

This works for files on the audio or video lines.
Administrator
27.02.10 00:34:08
To: pop

To split video into scenes, just use the Split button to be found in the Timeline/Storyboard area. Apply it at the beginning of the new scene.

As for v.3 of AVS Video Editor, as it is out-of-date, we cannot provide you with any recommendations. We would advise to use the latest version of the program. If you face any problems with the newest version, please write back describing your actions step by step.

Best regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  60