AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
10.02.10 11:47:25
I am a new user since Jan 2010 and I love the software suite. It's easy to get around and pretty intuitive to use.

But my installation is essentially worthless because I cannnot find a converter card to connect my VHS player to my computer running Vista.

I've tried about three different cards (at the cheaper end of the spectrum) and none of them work with the AVS Video Recorder.

Please make your users' lives easier by selling these devices to us along with the software. It seems that you are concentrating very well on the software but are losing track of the frustrations in the user community. There are a LOT of posts on the forum about adpaters to get AVS to read VHS. These might go away if you were to either sell or recommend a series of adapters (in a wide price range, from cheap to expensive) for us.

My two cents are officially in.

Thanks.

Jerry G
Administrator
11.02.10 01:54:01
JERRYGOLDRIN:
There are a LOT of posts on the forum about adpaters to get AVS to read VHS. These might go away if you were to either sell or recommend a series of adapters (in a wide price range, from cheap to expensive) for us.
The recommendations have been provided in the following topic. There are no cheap devices on the market we would venture to recommend, unfortunately. We all know the saying "cheapest is the dearest", it is also applicable to this case.

Best regards
27.04.10 12:38:10
To: nadin
[SIZE5]Your best option is to browse Ebay for an Analogue card with Mpeg2 output.
Any card that accepts a standard Co-ax plug will recieve a signal from your video recorder.

When you run the software that comes with the card, you will need to connect a co-ax cable between the Video recorder and the card and a 3.5 jack cable between the sound outlet on the card to the Line in on your computer.

Set the VHS recorder to the Video Setting (Normally L1 or L2), or Zero (0), for the best output.

Expect to pay between £10-20 for a card.(inc Post & pack)
Terry
05.05.10 06:12:03
To: terry.brown@blueyonder.co.uk

Hello Terry,

Thank you for your advise, however, AVS Video Recorder software does not capture from co-ax input in the capture card. Our software will work with the cards you mentioned only if they have composite or s-video inputs. These types of video connection allow to capture video with much better quality, then via coaxial cable.

Regards.
Online:
Users:  1  Joshka
Guests:  654