AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
08.02.10 19:22:08
I have read the forum posts and just cannot get this program to do what I would like, regardless of whether I use the Wizard mode or Advanced mode.

In Wizard mode, I would like three or four buttons on the main menu. One each to play the two different videos I want to put on the disk and either a single chapter menu button or a separate chapter menu button for each video.

In the wizard mode I cannot get the main menu to give me more than two buttons.

In advanced mode, no matter what I do, I cannot get a button to start later than the beginning of the first video.

Do I really need to go buy a $500 program to be able to build a DVD menu with chapters with a program that doesn't crash after every edit (the Corel/Ulead DVD authoring program crashes after every second edit).

Am I doing something wrong with AVS? It looks as though it would be a great program, if it would only do the stuff it advertises.

Thanks,
Westley
Administrator
08.02.10 22:31:26
westley:
In the wizard mode I cannot get the main menu to give me more than two buttons.
Simple project mode offers strict organization of the DVD menu, so it is impossible to create additional buttons in main menu. This can only be done in custom mode. This mode has already been discussed in the following thread.

westley:
In advanced mode, no matter what I do, I cannot get a button to start later than the beginning of the first video.
The appropriate instructions for creating customized menus are given in post #3688 of the topic mentioned above. Please try using them.

Regards
09.02.10 05:47:00
To: nadin

Nadin,

The software is not doing what your instructions say it should be doing. For testing purposes, I did the following:

1) Create New Custom Project
2) Import one MPG video
3) Create new button
4) Set text, style of button
5) Set button function to Play video (starts at 0:00)
6) Create 2nd new button
7) Set test, style of button
8) Set button function to play video (starts at 0:00)
9) Does not create blue marker on timeline to drag start time. There is a red marker at 0:00, but I cannot click on it or drag it.

It appears as though this software has a lot of promise, but it isn't ready to deliver on those promises yet.

Westley
Administrator
10.02.10 02:07:13
westley:
Does not create blue marker on timeline to drag start time. There is a red marker at 0:00, but I cannot click on it or drag it.
Please try again, it must work. When you put the mouse on the marker (the red diamond at the top of the blue line), you will see the hand mouse pointer (note the screenshot). Then drag the marker without releasing the mouse to the desired place on the timeline.

Best regards
Attached files:
22.35 KB
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  78