AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
31.03.09 00:31:42
I am having difficulties with the latest version of AVS Video Converter (registered) running on a Vista machine. My XP machine runs perfect. I have taken all the suggested precautions when activating and even after a complete uninstall the problem still exists.

I am converting VIDEO_TS to MPEG 2. Although it appears to be converting the file, what I have found is that it is only converting the soundtrack, no video conversion when the converted .mpg file is played back. That same VIDEO_TS file converts beautifully on the XP machine. I have not altered any of the original default settings.

Anyone have any ideas??
Administrator
22.05.09 00:51:15
To: wolverine58

Probably, you need to install the appropriate codec in order play the converted file on your Vista PC. Try downloading the latest codec pack. Here is the link to free-codecs.com website.

Regards
22.05.09 07:59:52
I’ll give this a try and report back results, thank you.

To clarify my original post; the AVS Video Converter is only converting the audio component of the VIDEO_TS file. When the conversion is complete the file size is ~160MB versus a typical MPEG 2 file size of ~2.5GB. I can take an MPEG 2 file which I’ve converted using the AVS Video Converter on my XP machine and it plays on the Vista machine. Perhaps the codec which the AVS Video Converter utilizes is not installed on the Vista machine.

Regards,
Wolverine58
24.05.09 22:09:23

Okay, performed a complete AVS Video converter uninstall/re-install. Downloaded K-Lite Codec Pack (Full) and the AVS Video converter is converting both audio and video components of the VIDEO_TS file correctly.

However, I cannot preview the video in the Advanced Window during the conversion process. I would imagine at this point that it’s a codec configuration issue but that would only be a guess. There are a gargantuan number of configurable items in the K-Lite Codec Pack>Configuration>ffdshow Video Decoder Folder but I wouldn’t know where to begin. Appreciate any assistance.
Administrator
25.05.09 00:21:48
wolverine58:
the AVS Video converter is converting both audio and video components of the VIDEO_TS file correctly
Actually the program converted both the components before, however, as the codec needed was not installed, the converted file could not be played on your PC using WMP or other players.

wolverine58:
I cannot preview the video in the Advanced Window during the conversion process.
This problem has been discussed within the following thread. According to the recommendation given there, please try changing the color quality settings of your display (set it to highest, i.e. 32 bit).

Please write back on the result
25.05.09 22:19:34
Nadin wrote:
<Actually the program converted both the components before, however, as the codec needed was not installed, the converted file could not be played on your PC using WMP or other players.>[/I]

I’m not so sure I agree with your assessment.

If the program was actually converting both components of the VIDEO_TS source wouldn’t the resultant MPEG2 file size have been larger than 160MB? Your argument makes more sense if the resultant .mpg file were that of a typical MPEG 2 file size, e.g. 2.5 -3.5GB + single stereo language?

Color quality of the machine has always been set to 32bit.
Administrator
28.05.09 00:38:11

Please attach a screenshot showing all the input and output file settings. Open the source file in the program, choose the preset, click on Advanced > File Information and make a screenshot. Also attach your PC configuration specifying the OS installed on your PC.

We'll try to reproduce the problem based on this information.

Best regards
28.05.09 20:42:51
Nadin,
Screen shots attached. The machine is running Windows Vista Premium with an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T8300 (2.4GHz/800MHzFSB, 3M L2 Cache), 4GB, DDR2, 667MHz RAM. Hope this helps.

Appreciate your assistance.
Attached files:
Administrator
02.06.09 06:00:48

The problem is being analysed by our testing tem. For the moment, however, please could you try converting your movie to AVI and MPEG standard presets and specify whether the problem persists as well.

Thank you in advance
03.06.09 09:39:29
I was able to conduct a couple of tests last night per your request. The test included the use of a known good VIDEO_TS (VIDEO_TS.IFO) file folder in each test case.

The first test used the known good VIDEO_TS file folder to convert to AVI and this test was successful e.g. file was converted, both video and audio components, and preview was functional during the conversion process. AVI standard preset selected was (Video: MPEG4 (DivX, XviD), 1500kbps; Audio: MP3, 192kbps).

The second test used the same known good VIDEO_TS file folder to convert to MP4 and this test was also successful e.g. file was converted, both video and audio components, and preview was functional during the conversion process. MP4 standard preset selected was (Epson P3000/P4500/P5000 – Best Quality – (MPEG4, 720 x 480). So it seems Vista likes MPEG4.

Both converted file types played on WMP.

The third test case is essentially the conversion setup that I use on my XP machine that I am unable to establish on the Vista machine and the subject of my correspondences to you. This test used the same known good VIDEO_TS file folder to convert to MPEG and this test failed, e.g. preview was functioning however, only the audio sound track was converted, no video. The resultant .mpg file size in this case was 256MB. I avoided my custom preset which btw only alters the audio bitrate to 256kbps and chose the standard AVS MPEG2 preset for this test (Video: MPEG2, 4000kbps, Original size, 29.97 fps; Audio: 224kbps).

So, I am right back to the original anomaly prior to downloading the codec pack and all I have done is cycled power on the laptop, (turned it off in the evening and back on in the morning). I had at one time been able to convert to MPEG successfully without preview (after codec pack download) but that is not the case today.

I hope this information is helpful.
Administrator
08.06.09 01:34:45

Unfortunately, our developers have not managed to reproduce the problem.
Actually in a week or so we are releasing the new version of AVS Video Converter. Please wait for the update and try converting your files with the new version. In case the problem persists, do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards
08.06.09 18:31:05
Hi Nadin,
When you say that your developers have not been able to reproduce the problem are you implying that they, the developers, have constructed a hardware and OS configuration which matches my Vista machine and the AVS Video Converter is functioning without any issues?

Regards
Administrator
09.06.09 00:54:29

We have tested conversion to MPEG2 with AVS Video Converter on Vista in full and no problems have been found. Our developers are really looking forward to resolving this issue, but for the moment given the only recommendation they can give is to wait for the updated version of the program.

Regards
Administrator
15.06.09 01:21:43
To: eddiecarron@btconnect.com

Your post has been moved. Please follow this link.
04.08.11 19:09:49
When I convert my video and edit it I put the video into my powerpoint presentation, however it won't play in full screen and I can't figure out how to increase the size of the video.
08.08.11 05:22:23
To: captureyourdreams@msn.com

Hello,

Sorry for the late response.

Which resolution does your video have? You can adjust it in AVS Video Converter>Advanced>Conversion Options.

Best regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  68