AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
Experienced User
14.03.09 03:23:13
I am still very new to the world of video but looking at this Forum it seems as if a very common problem is burning video files, using AVS Disc Creator, to a DVD that will play in standard TV DVD Players!
I have two camcorders,one, a Sony DVD202E records to mini dvd's as .VOB and .IFO files and the other, a new Canon HG10 records to .MTS files. All of these formats can be opened directly into AVS Video Editor 4 so there is no need to convert the files first. This is a big advantage as there is no loss of quality. The only time I use an avi or mpeg file is if it comes from another source. Then it would only be one clip of many in a Video Editor project. When the editing is finished I then burn the DVD within the Video Editor program. My point is, I can't imagine why anyone would want to burn a video file without any editing! Every video clip I have taken needs some editing if only to take out the first and last few frames to get rid of the bit of wobble. I can't imagine making a DVD from one single clip! It would be totally beyond me to shoot 30 mins of video in one go without a single mistake that would be better removed!
So in my naive way can I ask when why it is necessary to use a program like AVS Disc creater to burn a DVD when it seems so much easier to do it in the Video Editor?
If all the above is total nonsense then feel free to say so, I am still on a big learning curve :-)
John
14.03.09 06:07:26
To: mitchell65
#
I have the same problem but don't ever think you will get your money back from these sharks
Experienced User
14.03.09 06:26:58
To: ian1970

But I don't have a problem! I have nothing but praise for this software. I had plenty of time to evluate it before buying. I thought it was excellent value for money. I am a bit confused by your post!
Administrator
15.03.09 23:45:53
ian1970:
don't ever think you will get your money back from these sharks
We are always looking forward to resolving any kind of the problems reported by our customers, however if we do not succeed in finding a solution within a short period of time we won`t hesitate to process a chargeback for your purchase.
To read more on our Refund Policy, please follow this link.

mitchell65:
I have nothing but praise for this software.
Thank you so much for your fine words regarding AVS software :-)

mitchell65:
So in my naive way can I ask when why it is necessary to use a program like AVS Disc creater to burn a DVD when it seems so much easier to do it in the Video Editor?
Actually you can burn the edited movie directly from AVS Video Editor. When you save the movie choose To DVD, then start conversion. Upon finishing, a window will pop up asking whether you would like to burn the movie onto a disc (see screenshot).

If you have any further questions, you are most welcome.
Attached files:
Experienced User
16.03.09 01:40:37
Nadin:
Actually you can burn the edited movie directly from AVS Video Editor.

My point exactly. Just as an exercise I tried to burn a disc using AVS Disc Creator and it worked fine so there's nothing wrong with the software IMHO
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  167