AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
13.06.09 11:50:55
Hello,
I am having a continuing problem getting Video Converter (v6.2.5.334) to split a large mpg file into smaller files using the Limit File Size function. I have had this same problem in the past, and it was recommended that I upgrade to the newest version. Thus far, this has not worked.

The file that I am attempting to split is a 12.1GB MPEG2. I would like to split this into 4 GB files, with incremental numbers, and keep the same format.
I have selected the Split option, and limited the file size to 4.096 GB.

Unfortunately, I am still having the same problem I had with the v5 Video Converter. The software simply makes a copy of the file, at the 4 GB size. No split occurred.

Having read the below posting, I realize that I can use the edit function to set markers and split by that method.
http://forum.avs4you.com/posts.aspx?lng=ENG&t=366

However, I would like to use the automated size split. This is one of the primary reasons I chose to pay for an upgrade to the newer software. Since the format is not changing in anyway, it would seem an easy split. Can anyone assist with this function?

Two additional questions;
Is there a log of the conversion process that I can look at for possible errors?

Can I set up what series, or incremental numbers of the split files are titled? I often have files that I would like to keep in a continuing series and modifications, i.e. instead of starting with 1, 2, 3… I would like to start with 12, 13, 14….

Thank you for any and all assistance.
Administrator
16.06.09 06:11:53
frog:
The software simply makes a copy of the file, at the 4 GB size. No split occurred.
Have you got only one 4Gb output file? Is this a part of the source video or has the whole video been compressed into one 4Gb file?
Please attach a screenshot of the Advanced window of the program showing all the input and output file settings (click on Advanced > File Information).

frog:
However, I would like to use the automated size split. This is one of the primary reasons I chose to pay for an upgrade to the newer software. Since the format is not changing in anyway, it would seem an easy split.
The format IS changing when you edit files using AVS Video Converter, as this is the conversion process. In the next version of AVS Video ReMaker our developers are planning to implement an option to split files without reconversion, so you will definitely find the new version useful. For the moment, however, there should not persist any problems when splitting files in AVS Video Converter, so that's strange you are having such problems.

frog:
Is there a log of the conversion process that I can look at for possible errors?
Currently there is not.

frog:
Can I set up what series, or incremental numbers of the split files are titled?
Unfortunately, not. However, we'll consider implementing such an option in future.

Best regards
17.06.09 18:20:51
To: nadin

Hi Nadin,
Thanks for getting back to me.

What I get is the entire file compressed to one 4GB file. It seems to be the audio only, no discernable video.
I have attached a screen shot.

Thanks for the information on the actual conversion. I suspected as much, particularly when I could not match the Bit Rate. I look forward to the next version. If you are going to Beta Test it, please let me know.

In the mean time, any ideas on this problem?

Thanks
Attached files:
Administrator
19.06.09 07:03:34
To: frog

I have forwarded all the information to our testing team and the bug has been reproduced. Hopefully, it will be corrected in the next version of the program. I will inform you on the news.

Best regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  55