AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
07.06.09 22:58:03
:-)
Hello, all. AVS is very new to me, but I downloaded the (Audio Editor) software and the user manual, and I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why my newly recorded audio tracks will not produce sound on playback. The files are there, and when edited in another software they produce great sound. Is there a "mute" button that I missed? I have looked at every option, every drop-down menu, everything, and I cannot solve this problem. BTW, my registration is "lifetime", if that makes any difference. Do I need to uninstall and then re-install the software?

Help!
Administrator
09.06.09 01:11:04
To: TexasLady

Please try adding any other files to the program (files of another format). Is the sound muted when you play them back?
If the problem persists with the particular audio files (from the same source), please specify their format and attach a screenshot of File Info window.

Best regards
07.02.10 20:59:59
To: ozjimbo

Further to the previous posts:
After using AudioEditor, my mp3's would not play and the AVS video editor would not play the video being edited (either sound or video - play button would toggle to pause but no action). Other videos would show as corrupt in either AVS or in Windows media player. Uninstalling the AVS audio editor restored all the previous actions.
Bottom line - forget using AVS programs in Windows 7 at this stage (particularly the audio editor), stick to XP.
Cheers,
Jim
Administrator
08.02.10 04:21:41

Actually AVS Audio Editor, as well as most other latest AVS programs are fully compatible with Windows 7. We have done the appropriate testing and no major issues have been reported.

Could you please describe the problems in more detail: describe your actions step by step; attach screenshots, if this might help to illustrate the problems.

ozjimbo:
the AVS video editor would not play the video being edited (either sound or video - play button would toggle to pause but no action).
As already suggested in the following topic, try setting your display color quality to 32-bit.

Which videos show as corrupt when you play them back? Could you specify their format. Were they created with our software?
We really need some additional information to clear this issues up.

Kind regards
08.02.10 21:16:41
To: nadin

I have 32 bit colour resolution.

OK, last night I used DVD Authoring to make a DVD. It created the files, but hung at the 95% finished level when burning the DVD. I cancelled, used Win7 to copy the Video_TS and Audio_TS folders to a DVD. That DVD played properly on the PC. PC was then shutdown, rebooted this morning.
If I open the video_TS file with AVS Media Player, I see the opening scene but it will not move forward with the play button.
If I then re-open the project in the video editor, it loads but the play button doesn't get a response (timeline marker stays at fixed location, only change is toggling of pause/play text).

This morning I did a repair on AVS4YOU ( new SLideMaker DLL installed as per your post). Then I opened AVS Video Editor and created a new Video Editor project and created an avi video. It loads and plays in Windows Media Player with no sound.

Back to SLidemaker: I built a dvd and burned it. It plays on my TV via the DVD player, but not in the PCWindows Media Player -the opening scene appears for a fraction of a second and then the message: Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.

From Explorer, if I double click on an MP3 file (one of the Win7 examples) , I get the message shown in the screenshot mp3 error.jpg and it does not play. It will also not play in AVS media player (hangs).

I did note that running the Video editor changes the volume control screen (activated from the taskbar) from the Win7 default to one with 3 controls, one disk and two speakers as shown in the screenshot vol control.jpg, and that this remains even after a reboot. This looks like a residual from the mixer in the video editor.
Windows sounds play, controlled by the central mixer level. But none of the media applications work.

AVS Media player opens for a mp3 file, but the screen stays blank and there is no sound.

I'm lost. Never had any of these problems in XP.

Not sure this post belongs in this forum (as you have moved it) because it looks like a general interaction between AVS and Windows 7 media applications. I haven't used the Audio Editor since the first import and file conversion for a video that I mentioned previously.

Jim
Attached files:
08.02.10 21:35:07

More grist for the mill. After the last post, I checked the operation of sounds in Skype and Messenger; they were OK. Then I noticed that the mixer had been reset to the default single control. MP3s then played, as did the DVD that previously would not play, sound and all.
This PC has a high definition Digital Audio (S/PDIF) device, and the icon that appears in the left mixer control when 3 are displayed is that for this device.
So it appears that one of the AVS applications is modifying the audio device selections and not restoring it when the program closes.
Guess this means that the discussion belongs in this forum after all!.
Cheers,
Jim
Administrator
08.02.10 22:47:56
ozjimbo:
So it appears that one of the AVS applications is modifying the audio device selections and not restoring it when the program closes.
Our applications do not modify any Windows settings.

Have you tried updating drivers for your audio card? Please do. Try installing the latest drivers compatible with Windows 7 from the manufacturer. Please inform us whether any of the problems get solved afterwards.

Kind regards
09.02.10 14:50:34
To: nadin

Seems to be a problem with the Realtek drivers and the asus p5k board which I have yet to resolve - there is some discussion on the web about this. When the drivers are are loaded, they change the speaker system to front and rear, and this is incompatible with Windows Media Player and, clearly, with AVS. I'm keen to get some DVDs made, so workaround is to open Skype>tools>audio settings, then close it. This resets the speaker settings to 2 speakers and is retained till the next boot. Not a process intended by Skype, but it works.
Cheers,
Jim (still an AVS4YOU fan)
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  172