AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
06.03.09 10:28:28
I am having issues that seem to be permissions related in Windows XP Professional on a secured network. As a tech when I log in with local Administrator rights burnig to DVD works fine. When I log in as the user that will be using the program it hangs when trying to access the DVD drive during the burning process. Is there any detail as to what folders and files need adminitrative access all the time for this to work for our end user?
Support Manager
09.03.09 08:04:23
abroughton@wvc.edu:
When I log in as the user that will be using the program

As domain user? does that user have access to the DVD drive according to the group policy? (configured by your System Administrator)
Local administrator does always have this permission of course...
Do you have this problem with AVS Video Burner? (the program that start automatically after the conversion/building)
Do you have the same trouble with AVS Disc Creator?
09.03.09 16:58:51
To: cotoPeC

Yes all our users have a minimun of domain user rights on their local computer. Other programs such as Roxio disk copier have no problem finding the drive. It is the AVS Video Burner that is being used for this process. Is there a specific folder, file, or library that may need unique permissions?
Support Manager
16.03.09 05:24:13
abroughton@wv...:
it hangs when trying to access the DVD drive during the burning process. Other programs such as Roxio disk copier have no problem finding the drive.

It seems to be some strange bug problem :-)
I can assure you that AVS4YOU Video Burner does have acces to the DVD drive under non-administrative account, the problem may be in some extra permissions configured for that user

I'm sure the problem will be resolved soon
08.01.12 02:06:37
I just bought the product. In the demonstration version it was possible to convert videofiles to DVD.
Now the button TO DVD is protected
How can I convert video files into the DVD format?
30.05.12 04:45:08
It should work without a problem. Try uninstalling the software and then reinstall using the licensed version.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  29