AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
04.02.09 10:58:43
i am trying to convert avi files into DVD for burning to a disc. I input the file and let the converter place the output file in the default location. Everything seems to go fine, but the output file is stored in an unrecognizable file format.

This unrecognizable file format can be burned to a DVD, but it will not play on any other DVD players except the one on my computer.

Is there a way to check what the output file format is????????????
04.02.09 17:04:02
ok i managed to fix the unknown file format issue, seems that windows registry still had buttons for a trial version of nero that i removed.

I am still having problems burning a playable disc, SOME BODY HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

Once the converter has made the dvd files i have a folder named AUDIO_TS which is empty, and a VIDEO_TS which contains

vob, ifo and bup files, should i be burnibg all these files to the DVD or not. When i do it burns the disc, says it is OK, but will not play. My main DVD player says "incompatible disc"

This may seem pretty simple to most of you, but i am a beginner and i am getting sick of making dud discs
04.02.09 17:25:46
ok, now i am really confused

1. i use converter to change avi to dvd

2. it saves the files as DVD movies, when i right click them it says open with disc creator

3. if i try to watch them on AVS media player it says file format not supported.

4. it directs me to a help file, which tells me to do exactly what i have been doing.
Administrator
16.02.09 02:58:16
toytech9:
Once the converter has made the dvd files i have a folder named AUDIO_TS which is empty, and a VIDEO_TS which contains vob, ifo and bup files, should i be burnibg all these files to the DVD or not.

Yes, you should burn the whole VIDEO_TS folder to a disc in order to maintain DVD structure. Try burning the movie using AVS Disc Creator. Open the program, choose Burn DVD option and add the whole folder to the program.

toytech9:
When i do it burns the disc, says it is OK, but will not play. My main DVD player says "incompatible disc"

Please follow the recommendations concerning burning issues given by Dam within the following topic.

toytech9:
if i try to watch them on AVS media player it says file format not supported.

Unfortunately, AVS Media Player does not support DVDs at the moment. This is a licensing issue and we are working hard to resolve it in a short time. For the moment given, however, please try playing the disc on your computer using some other players. Right-click VIDEO_TS.IFO file, choose Open With and select the player.
Administrator
01.04.09 23:16:47
To: lazosh
To: fcuk

Your posts have been moved. Please follow the link.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  232