AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
18.10.22 20:34:56
I did a bad thing but I thought I could recover. I moved some files used in a vep to a new location.

So, when I opend the vep it could not locate them and gave me a dialong asking if I wanted to 'Browse for Missing File _____"

I said 'No' or Cancel........my second big mistake.

I closed the vep and reopend it hoping to get the 'Browse for Missing File ______" dialog so I could reconstruct the vep.

BUT...........it did not give me the dialog for the Browsing for the Missing file!!! Without that I can do anything with the vep.

SO, is there a way to 'reset' a vep to ask me again to Browse for Missing files???? That seems like a simple thing.

I was in the middle of using/editing about 30 clips in my timeline and now have no way to recover all that work.

Please advise..........is there cache to clear?......Something, anything to help????

Thanks
Developer
24.10.22 13:19:23
To: agvsavant@gmail.com

Unfortunately, you need to manually reconstruct such your projects to replace "Color" objects back with media files. You can lock other lines (with "Lock line" buttons) before adding/deleting of objects so other objects don't change.

In the future we will add a warning for cases of resaving projects with missing files or automatically suggest a "Save As" procedure instead of "Save".
Developer
28.12.22 15:54:37
RomaRio:
In the future we will add a warning for cases of resaving projects with missing files or automatically suggest a "Save As" procedure instead of "Save".

We promised and we did it! Download and try our new AVS Video Editor version 9.8.1.401.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  323